NAD M17 with upgrades vs. NAD M17 V2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-13-2019, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
NAD M17 with upgrades vs. NAD M17 V2

Hi all - hoping the gurus on this forum can help answer a question. I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere...

What's the difference between an NAD M17 with the VM300 4K module, AM17 Atmos module, and the BluOS upgrade module, vs. the newer M17 V2 that comes with all of those modules pre-installed out of the box?

From a feature perspective, these two would seem to be functionally identical.

But, is there any difference in the circuitry? My assumption is that there may very well have been some upgraded electronics design in the newer V2, but maybe these "v2" units are exactly the same as the original M17, just with all of the MDC boards updated to the latest.

I'm considering buying one of the Factory Re-certified M17s, and all of the upgrade modules. It's a good bit less cash than a brand new M17 V2... but, will I be missing anything in terms of upgraded electronics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-13-2019, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Bump.
Does anyone know the answer to this?
I'm considering pulling the trigger on a heavily discounted M17 v1.
Thanks!

--
Spoiler!
post #3 of 3 Old 08-14-2019, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked: 545
I believe that an upgraded unit functions identically to the v2 -- the v2, AFAIK, is essentially just a factory-installed upgrade of the v1 with newer badging on the case and, I think, a slightly modified back-panel.

That said, I'm unsure that installing the upgraded cards in the v1 is an entirely risk-free adventure. Say you install them and get a hum/hiss or other issue, could you end up paying more to get a working upgrade than you would have a warrantied v2? But, that's a risk only you can properly navigate in a sensible way for the situation and your tolerances.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
nad m17v2

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page