HELP NEWBIE. How reliable are Integra receivers VS Marantz - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-20-2019, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HELP NEWBIE. How reliable are Integra receivers VS Marantz

Hello,
I've been looking at integra receivers at accessories4less. My main sources are streaming content via apple tv. From the research I've read and what accessories4less advice - marantz is a great brand but you get more "pure" wattage power from integra. I have a marantz in my living room - sr5012 and would consider getting one again.

I am comparing the MARANTZ SR5012 VS Integra DRX-3.2

With my limited experience in this new hobby, marantz has more bells and whistles and probably a newer model. As I mentioned, I would be streaming more via apple tv to watch netflix, hulu, etc and would be just hooking up the sound via hdmi/optical. I'm more interested in the wattage to get the most from my JBLs.

I do not see a lot of integra reviews in here and most of the comments are to stay away from this brand. Although, I've also seen posts from reliable members that they are happy with their Integra receiver.

This will be for a 3.1 bedroom set up. It is a 15'x15' size room with jbl studio 580 towers and 235.

I appreciate the comments. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-20-2019, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Big Integra fan here as I still have 2 pre-hdmi receivers and amps running strong. I too have been looking at the drx-3.2 refurb from AC4L and was about to pull the trigger, but found out that the rz630 and vsx-lx303 are basically the same receiver with a few different features. However, they are both on sale new for the same price as the refurbished Integra. Also, you just missed the Frys sale, but if you can wait, the big brother (11 channel) Elite vsx-lx503 was on sale for the same price too.

To answer your question, there are not a lot of threads dedicated to these Integra receivers so there are no real reviews about issues and reliability. Since they are basically identical to the lx303 and rz630, you will have to use their dedicated threads and the Amazon reviews to make your decision.

The marantz 5012/5013 are good units, but for the same price step up to bigger, better cousin (Denon x3400/x3500) and get the best room correction software they have, xt32 with subeqht. The x3400/x3500 don't have 7.1 pre-ins for sacd playback and you have the step up to the x3500 to get a phono input. But these have a large dedicated thread and a lot of happy owners.

keep us posted!
post #3 of 5 Old 05-25-2019, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Huge Fan of Integra

I used to sell high-end audio and video gear in a specialty audio store. After a lot of research and hours of in-store comparisons, I became a huge fan of Integra equipment. Over the past 20+ years, I have owned 4 Integra AVRs. The only reason I buy a new one is to upgrade to newer features every 8 years or so, and then sell the prior one in a very strong market for used Integra products. One of my neighbors is a custom AV installer, and he prefers using Integra products for his high-end custom home installations due to their sound quality, performance, and multi-room usage. He knows his customers will be happy.

In over 20+ years, I only had one problem with a unit. It was common problem that had been referenced in other threads. Even though I was out of warranty coverage, Integra still repaired the unit for free and it has worked great several years past their one repair. That is a great example of corporate integrity to help a customer who is out of warranty.

I highly recommend Integra for their outstanding sound performance, excellent durability, and corporate integrity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-18-2019, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
thanks everyone. I decided on the marantz. This will be my 2nd unit. The 1st one is still running strong and ill be moving it to the bedroom. Appreciate the help.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-18-2019, 11:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2049 Post(s)
Liked: 1376
If you're buying another sr5012 why the need to move the older one? It's the same unit.

Afro GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
integra vs marantz

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page