Anthem ARC Genesis Room Correction Unveiled at ISE 2019 - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 57Likes

post #151 of 168 Old 05-11-2019, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 313
New version of Genesis is online:
https://www.anthemarc.com/downloads/index.php

Quote:
Version 1.0.1.8867:
- Added a new shortcut in the start menu that forces ARC Genesis to use the angle library rather than the GPU's (ims 1399)
- changes to preferences are commited on immediate exit (1371)
- loading indicator is now shown with device image image in middle on screen (1366)
- 'button' ui element can now support two lines of text (1380)
- removed duplicate completion text for reset eq screen (1373)
- added a browse for calibration file to mic selection screen (1390)
- fixed an issue where calibration files that included 'Anthem', 'Paradigm' or 'MartinLogan' in the filename were not supported (1390)
- fixed an issue where some code paths did not properly handle unicode text/paths (1390, 1391)
- added a web download link for manual calibration file download (1390)
- fixed the issue where some users were unable to download calibration files, or would get the 'critical audio problem' during the initialization phase of measurements (1390)
- filtered duplicate devices in the supported devices screen (1379)
- paired (left/right) MartinLogan Masterpiece series speakers now have a unique curve color for the left/right speaker (1384)
- fixed packaging of mac release where license.txt and firmware update files were not being copied to the application bundle (1400, 1378, 1398)

Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Anthem MRX 720 | Parasound Halo A21
Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 168 Old 05-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delija View Post
New version of Genesis is online:
https://www.anthemarc.com/downloads/index.php
Grrrrrrrrr….I had all the calibration/critical audio/ naming mic cal file name change (123456Anthem.cal error)...thankfully, figured it all out with the help of good people on the Anthem 60 thread last weekend...kinda figured they would fix it within the week.....

Anthem MRX-720,Outlaw 7500 5ch amp, B&K ST 202 amp
Oppo BDP-103, Sony XBR-65X930D, Rotel RP-855, Phillips BDP-7501
Paradigm Studio 100 Fronts, Martin Logan Motion LX16 rears,Martin Logan Motion 2's
Paradigm Studio cc-590 Center, Martin Logan Dynamo subwoofer, DefTech Supercube 4000
Roku Ultra, DIRECTV 4K Genie HR-54 DVR, C61K-700, OPPO Sonica DAC, Amazon Fire TV
post #153 of 168 Old 05-15-2019, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Question

As a new ARC user (STR Preamp with Genesis), I'm looking for help in a couple of areas.

Speaker levels set by ARC:

• Are these numbers the amount of gain that ARC applies to each channel to bring them to reference level? So a sub listed onscreen as -2.0 dB is louder (uncorrected) than one listed as 0.0?
  • Also, calibration levels are accessible through the STR's Setup menu. I want to compare ARC on to ARC off. If I change calibration levels for an input that doesn't use ARC, will the changes mess up the inputs that do use ARC?
Auto-detect in Genesis:

There are two settings: (a) "Auto-Detect (System-Wide Target and All Channels)" and (b) "Auto-Detect (System-Wide Target)". When I asked Anthem tech support about them, they said that "Your crossover points, roll off, as well as the levels of all of your channels are all factors in using [method (b)]. These factors are ignored using [method (a)]."

That answer is not computing for me. Since the crossover points, etc., are determined by ARC, why would ARC ignore them in any case? Why would a user want to ignore them? Also, why does Room Gain (and apparently only Room Gain) change between (a) and (b)?

In short, does anyone here understand what the purpose is of (a) and (b) and when one would use each setting -- if so, are you willing to take a crack at a practical explanation?

Mike (Portland, Oregon)
Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 168 Old 10-28-2019, 02:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

I was wondering if there is some informations about the future release of an updated version of ARC genesis (beta or official) since 1.1.1.905 has still several bugs.. (level, profile 1 copied in the other profiles event when the arc files includes several profiles, discrepancy between the subwoofer level computed by ARC and the sub level finally set in the AVM 60 (discrepancy corresponding to the room gain (e.g. Room gain 3db, sub level computed by ARC -4 sub level set in the AVM 60 -1db...)).

Kind regards,

Frederic
post #155 of 168 Old 10-28-2019, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederic Ghidalia View Post
Hello,

I was wondering if there is some informations about the future release of an updated version of ARC genesis (beta or official) since 1.1.1.905 has still several bugs.. (level, profile 1 copied in the other profiles event when the arc files includes several profiles, discrepancy between the subwoofer level computed by ARC and the sub level finally set in the AVM 60 (discrepancy corresponding to the room gain (e.g. Room gain 3db, sub level computed by ARC -4 sub level set in the AVM 60 -1db...)).

Kind regards,

Frederic
Hi and welcome. No news on a new release, but you could do what several have done and load the previous version (1.1.0.9006) until a better version is released. If you want 9006 for Windows 64 give me a shout and I'll send it to you.

Legairre

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
post #156 of 168 Old 10-28-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
Hi and welcome. No news on a new release, but you could do what several have done and load the previous version (1.1.0.9006) until a better version is released.
I wonder if anyone has had a similar situation to mine. I went back to .9006 (on Windows) and reprocessed an old arc3 file. Then the brains of my STR Preamp got scrambled. First, it was sending the main channels out of phase from one another, which took a while to figure out. When I then erased all ARC settings and reloaded a different file, it started playing everything in phase but also in mono, though the display says stereo. (This is with ARC on or ARC off.) I am waiting from a call back from Anthem with advice.

I have no way of knowing whether reverting the software and using an old ARC3 file contributed to this or if they are separate issues. Anyone?

Mike (Portland, Oregon)
Spoiler!
post #157 of 168 Old 10-28-2019, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in NC View Post
I wonder if anyone has had a similar situation to mine. I went back to .9006 (on Windows) and reprocessed an old arc3 file. Then the brains of my STR Preamp got scrambled. First, it was sending the main channels out of phase from one another, which took a while to figure out. When I then erased all ARC settings and reloaded a different file, it started playing everything in phase but also in mono, though the display says stereo. (This is with ARC on or ARC off.) I am waiting from a call back from Anthem with advice.

I have no way of knowing whether reverting the software and using an old ARC3 file contributed to this or if they are separate issues. Anyone?
I ask Anthem a while back if when a new version of Genesis is released should I always break out the mic and re-measure like complete calibration and they said yes whenever you use another version of Genesis always re-measure/calibrate from scratch. Because of their response I never load an ARC3 file that wasn't made with the same version of Genesis.
Mike in NC likes this.

post #158 of 168 Old 10-28-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
I ask Anthem a while back if when a new version of Genesis is released should I always break out the mic and re-measure like complete calibration and they said yes whenever you use another version of Genesis always re-measure/calibrate from scratch. Because of their response I never load an ARC3 file that wasn't made with the same version of Genesis.
Yes, a better idea than what I did. I suppose my best course of action now is to uninstall everything, reinstall version 9006, then re-measure and re-upload to see if maybe it will work properly.

If necessary, I would hard-reset the preamp, but I don't know how to do that, & Anthem hasn't yet told me. Anyone here know how?

Mike (Portland, Oregon)
Spoiler!
post #159 of 168 Old 10-28-2019, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, a better idea than what I did. I suppose my best course of action now is to uninstall everything, reinstall version 9006, then re-measure and re-upload to see if maybe it will work properly.

If necessary, I would hard-reset the preamp, but I don't know how to do that, & Anthem hasn't yet told me. Anyone here know how?
To do a hard factory reset on the STR Preamp (per the manual): https://www.anthemav.com/downloads/s...-online-en.pdf

It sounds like you'd have to also load the latest firmware after the reset too.

Quote:
Use this only as a last resort if the unit becomes inoperable. Disconnect the power cord, wait at least 30 seconds, and reconnect it while holding the front panel power button. Do not let go of the button until something appears on the display. The unit will revert to the software it was manufactured with and all settings will be reset.
Mike in NC likes this.

post #160 of 168 Old 10-28-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
...To do a hard factory reset on the STR Preamp (per the manual): https://www.anthemav.com/downloads/str-preamplifier-manual-online-en.pdf...
Thanks! I overlooked that. I hope that firmware uploading is somehow automated. Though it was a menu item in ARC2, that has disappeared from Genesis, or at least I can't find it in any of the menus.

Mike (Portland, Oregon)
Spoiler!
post #161 of 168 Old 10-28-2019, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks! I overlooked that. I hope that firmware uploading is somehow automated. Though it was a menu item in ARC2, that has disappeared from Genesis, or at least I can't find it in any of the menus.
Oh by firmware I meant the firmware for the operation system of the STR. That would be reset to what ever version was factory installed so you would need to load the latest after a factory reset https://www.anthemav.com/support/latest-software.php as well as Genesis 9006. The factory reset is going to put everything back to the day you first took it out of the box brand spanking new, so all your input names and assignments and everything will be gone.
Mike in NC likes this.

post #162 of 168 Old 10-28-2019, 08:05 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Oh by firmware I meant the firmware for the operation system of the STR. That would be reset to what ever version was factory installed....
On Anthem's advice, I reset my STR preamp to factory settings. After that, the firmware updated automatically when I started ARC Genesis.

Unfortunately, the preamp still has weak sound on the L side, none on the R. Now I suspect a hardware problem, which only by chance occurred at the same time I downgraded the Genesis software.

Thanks @Legairre , for the thoughts. Wish me luck!

Mike (Portland, Oregon)
Spoiler!
post #163 of 168 Old 10-29-2019, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
On Anthem's advice, I reset my STR preamp to factory settings. After that, the firmware updated automatically when I started ARC Genesis.

Unfortunately, the preamp still has weak sound on the L side, none on the R. Now I suspect a hardware problem, which only by chance occurred at the same time I downgraded the Genesis software.

Thanks @Legairre , for the thoughts. Wish me luck!
Good luck mike, I wish it was the ARC3 file causing the issue. Oh BTW take out an SPL meter and run the tones from the STR to see if a channel is lower than the other. I had this happen once and it was a bad speaker wire that was making the dB of one of my front speakers about 4 dB lower then the other. Replaced the wire and all was good again.

post #164 of 168 Old 10-30-2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Good luck mike, I wish it was the ARC3 file causing the issue. Oh BTW take out an SPL meter and run the tones from the STR to see if a channel is lower than the other. I had this happen once and it was a bad speaker wire that was making the dB of one of my front speakers about 4 dB lower then the other. Replaced the wire and all was good again.
Well -- the dealer tested it, found it dead, then tested the next morning, and it was fine. The tech was as puzzled as I, but finally said that sometimes ICs lock up, possibly from static electricity, and need hours with no power to reset. Beats me, but I'm delighted it won't have to go back to Anthem.

Mike (Portland, Oregon)
Spoiler!
post #165 of 168 Old 10-31-2019, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well -- the dealer tested it, found it dead, then tested the next morning, and it was fine. The tech was as puzzled as I, but finally said that sometimes ICs lock up, possibly from static electricity, and need hours with no power to reset. Beats me, but I'm delighted it won't have to go back to Anthem.
Man I'm so glad to hear you didn't have to send it to Anthem. Before the MRX 720 had the MRX 300 and I had to send it to Anthem. Since they are in Canada It took 1 week for them to get it, 1 week to fix it, and another week to get it back to me. It was a long 3 weeks without it.
Mike in NC likes this.

post #166 of 168 Old 03-01-2020, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
where can I find the installation for ARC 9006?
post #167 of 168 Old 03-01-2020, 05:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossmustang89 View Post
where can I find the installation for ARC 9006?
You can get it from my google drive. Click on the download link in the upper right and wait about 20 secs for the download dialog. It's the win64 version https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n7e...ew?usp=sharing

post #168 of 168 Old 03-02-2020, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
You can get it from my google drive. Click on the download link in the upper right and wait about 20 secs for the download dialog. It's the win64 version https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n7e...ew?usp=sharing
Thanks! so before installation do i just need to uninstall the current version and install this one? If I didn't like 9006 can i just reload the current ARC file i have from 9105 or do i need to do a full uninstall and reinstall?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
anthem room correction , arc , ise 2019

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page