Yamaha RX-A2080 or Marantz sr6013 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By M Code

post #1 of 7 Old 03-05-2019, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Yamaha RX-A2080 or Marantz sr6013 help please!

Many readings and seems like i ended up with these two receivers to choose from, please help!
I have a home theatre 7.1.2 setup with two Atmos speakers in front highs. Using currently Pioneer Elite SC-91 and i have all Klipsch speakers and svs pb-2000 sub.
Do you guys think from Pioneer to any of these receivers would be a good upgrade? If it is, which one you would pick. I never had Marantz or Yamaha in the past, always used Pioneer Elite and Denon receivers.
Pioneer has been very good with no issues and D class amplifier i guess it helps for driving all the speakers without any issues or heating up.
Thanks a million

Last edited by Salacak; 03-06-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 138
I am not sure you are going to see much sound difference if your sc-91 has MCACC Pro? It could be your speakers need an update or your room needs treatments?

Yamaha is a high quality receiver known for reliability, but it only can do 9 channels and the ypao mic can't eq subs below 31hz. The marantz goes to 11 channels (iirc) and has xt32, which is the highest level of Audyssey. It has dual sub eq down to 10hz.

If your speakers rock and your room just sucks, you probably need to step up to a receiver with Dirac Live. It's supposed to be the best reasonably priced room correction software behind Trinnov?
post #3 of 7 Old 03-09-2019, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksells916 View Post
I am not sure you are going to see much sound difference if your sc-91 has MCACC Pro? It could be your speakers need an update or your room needs treatments?

Yamaha is a high quality receiver known for reliability, but it only can do 9 channels and the ypao mic can't eq subs below 31hz. The marantz goes to 11 channels (iirc) and has xt32, which is the highest level of Audyssey. It has dual sub eq down to 10hz.

If your speakers rock and your room just sucks, you probably need to step up to a receiver with Dirac Live. It's supposed to be the best reasonably priced room correction software behind Trinnov?
Actually i really like the sound i'm getting right now with Pioneer Elite SC-91 but you know always if, or in our minds. First time i get a chance to listen Yamaha A1080 and i really liked the sound from it I couldn't compare with SC-91 i have but compared with Marantz and like the Yamaha a lot. My speakers i'm very happy with all Klipsch and 7.1.2 system with two front high Atmos speakers.
Costco has Yamaha TSR-7850 power similar to Pioneer SC-91 (Not a D3 class amplifier but) they are around $500 and i might give that a shot and see what Yamaha can do different than what i have.
Might be nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-09-2019, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Check the 'Receiver, Amps, and Processor Deals' sticky thread - the TSR-7850 is on sale through the end of the month. Another option might be the Yamaha RX-V2085; pretty much the same as the RX-A2080, but significantly less expensive.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-11-2019, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 138
The sc-91 and 1080 both have the ess sabre dac, so they should sound similar iirc?

Yes the 7850 is a great deal, still has front preouts to run an amp to the LR, zone 2 preouts, phono and has some of the same features as the higher priced models. It has also has the excellent costco return policy. Just no 5th foot LOL!

Keep us posted!
post #6 of 7 Old 03-11-2019, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also debating between the Yamaha 80 series and the Marantz. Curious to see what advantages there are between the two. I have always had good luck with Yamaha and Marantz just seems a little more spotty with quality/issues than Yamaha from my research.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-11-2019, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanhunter View Post
Also debating between the Yamaha 80 series and the Marantz. Curious to see what advantages there are between the two. I have always had good luck with Yamaha and Marantz just seems a little more spotty with quality/issues than Yamaha from my research.
Major advantages of the Yamaha are:
  • #1 AVR brand for reliability
  • AVRs are built in Yamaha owned factories, other brand is outsourced through a subcontractor
  • Only AVR brand that has the HDMI/HDCP certification

Just my $0.02...
evanhunter likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page