Mini Audio Component Amplifier for a PC - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-09-2019, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Mini Audio Component Amplifier for a PC

Hi

I have a Paradigm Millennium one ct 2.1 I use for my computer. It sounded awesome except for being a piece of crap. I melted the amp/sub on it twice (I didn't listen to it very loud but it was on for VERY long periods of time). Once they repaired under warranty the second time I had to pay $500 and it sounded like crap after that (and they wouldn't return my money...cause it worked :| ).

So I have a question that I hope someone can help me with? I want to reuse the speakers (they are great) but I need someway to power them that doesn't break the bank or take up alot of room(I don't have the money like I did when I bought the stupidly overpriced system).

So I need a small 2.1 amp to run:
MilleniaOne speakers - ±2 dB from 120 Hz - 20 kHz : power range 15 - 100 watts : Compatible with 8 ohms
Polk PSW 10 - Inputs Speaker level, line level - I would like to use the left and right line in and not speaker wire to reduce clutter. Also not the greatest sub in the world but it's what I have on hand and I'm on a budget.

My requirements are:
Around $100 to $ 300
optical in from my computer - I prefer it over the analogue as it tends to sound cleaner IMO
subwoofer out - coax or headphone out. I would prefer not to mess with even more speaker wires.
minimum 35 - 50 watts rms to power the speakers (I know this might be asking too much)
Simplified use - I just want something that sounds good out of the box and not much needed for adjustment.

Any ideas? I did look at the SMSL AD18 but it has no sub out. I would really appreciate the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
amplifier , computer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page