Best AV Receiver for fluance. Under $1000 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Justin Andrew Parks
  • 1 Post By eriksells916
  • 1 Post By ChromeJob

post #1 of 14 Old 03-13-2019, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Best AV Receiver for fluance. Under $1000

Hey everyone I'm new to the forum. I'm looking around for a 7.2 receiver for a set of fluance signature series home theatre speakers.
https://www.fluance.com/signature-se...ystem-blackash

I've been seeing alot of sites saying onkyo and Sony make a good reciever.

Basically I want so ething that will drive those speakers, and have good connectivity to things like Google home and smartphones. 4k compatible, spotify. And still good quality sound. I've always kind of had a soft spot for pioneer. As I'm a big fan of their vintage integrated 2 channel amps. But I know that's a different kind of beast.

I currently have a Samsung home theatre in a box. And its on it's way out and I told my wife we are not getting another one. I want better.

Any help would be appreciated with this. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-14-2019, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 268
There are many really good receivers under 1000 My personal choice would be this yamaha refurbished for a great price.

https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...eceiver/1.html

Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 Yamaha CX-A5200 Gemstone 200x7 Emotiva upa-500 amps
Oppo 103 panasonic ub820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Jvc RS3000 projector
silver ticket 125 2.35 screen Golden Ear Triton 5 L&R
super center XXL triton 7's sides Emotiva T1 rears
4 RSL C34 in ceiling SVS PB2-plus sub SVS PC13 ultra sub
post #3 of 14 Old 03-14-2019, 10:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2086 Post(s)
Liked: 1093
Feel free to browse some threads dedicated to AVRs and ask questions of those who own those you’re interested in.

"Exceedingly odd," said the butler.
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 03-15-2019, 12:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 257
You're on the right track in choosing a receiver based on its features - there isn't a 'best match' for any speaker, as receivers generally operate in the same manner.
post #5 of 14 Old 03-15-2019, 05:19 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 38
The Marantz 7012 is currently on sale (non-refurb) for $999. You are going to be vey hard pressed to beat that deal.

I have only ever owned Yamaha and Marantz. While I like Yamahas and they have a solid reputation for being the very reliable, I have yet to have any issues and favor the Marantz.
Marantz Pros:
Warmer sound than Yamaha (if that's your thing)
Better 2 channel sound (stereo, direct, pure)
Easier set up (I'm technologically remedial)
I love Heos and Spotify integration (could never get it to work on my Yamaha)
The Bluetooth connectivity gives me more range and doesn't cut out
Audyssey room correction is MUCH better than YPAO in my experience
Power specs are not as inflated as Yamahas

Yamaha pros:
Brighter sound but not in a bad way by any means (more detailed might be another way to word it?)
Better multichannel sound
On the fly audio adjustments that do not require you to go into a separate menu
On the fly subwoofer adjustments
More sound modes/EQ options to play with
Full display on front of receiver (porthole on the Marantz bothers me)
Runs relatively cool compared to the Marantz
ChromeJob likes this.

Receiver: Marantz 5012 Power: Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 1
Towers: Klipsch RF83 Center: Klipsch RP450C
Surrounds: Klipsch RS42II
Subs: Dual Rythmik FV15HP
post #6 of 14 Old 03-15-2019, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2331 Post(s)
Liked: 1662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Andrew Parks View Post
The Marantz 7012 is currently on sale (non-refurb) for $999. You are going to be vey hard pressed to beat that deal.

(sip)

Full display on front of receiver (porthole on the Marantz bothers me)

(snip)
A minor point: the SR7012 has a full-sized display behind its flip-down front panel cover. If you're willing to leave that open, you don't have to suffer from the "porthole" display.

I'm not sure that I'd have recommended an SR7012 over a Denon AVR-X4400H, but the small price difference between the 2017 closeouts make the SR7012 an attractive choice.
post #7 of 14 Old 03-15-2019, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Denon AVR-X3500H is on sale at Crutchfield and a few other places for $749 and it's supposed to be a really great 7.2 receiver, another worthy contender is Yamaha RX-A880 which can be had for $899. One more worthy option is the Onkyo TX-RZ730 which is on sale at Amazon for $549 and it's by far the most feature-packed and most future-proofing receiver of the three, a very good option if you're going to do a 5.1.4 or a 7.1.4 (must require a external amp to process the final 2 channels) Atmos/DTS:X home theater.

My current mancave room setup:
Vizio V436-G1 4K HDR TV | LG UBK90 4K Blu-ray player | Denon AVR-S740H AV Receiver (running 5.1.2 Atmos/DTS:X) | Xbox One X | Amazon Fire Stick 4K
post #8 of 14 Old 03-15-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Just to add to what @Zoland2020 said, the x3500h often goes on sale at Frys if you can wait. They have the x4500h on sale right now for under $1k

The x4500h can do 11 channels like the rz730, but it's $300 more.
Zoland2020 likes this.
post #9 of 14 Old 03-15-2019, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Spoiler!

Guys, a reminder is probably due that street price discussions are limited to the "Deals thread." I've been told MSRP is okay to post anywhere, but sale prices, street prices are not allowed in other threads.

Just saying it before the wrath of a mod descends upon us.
Zoland2020 likes this.

Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
post #10 of 14 Old 03-16-2019, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
Spoiler!

Guys, a reminder is probably due that street price discussions are limited to the "Deals thread." I've been told MSRP is okay to post anywhere, but sale prices, street prices are not allowed in other threads.

Just saying it before the wrath of a mod descends upon us. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
So what route would you take if you were the OP? We'd like your input as well. Also, I'm sending you a hug.

Receiver: Marantz 5012 Power: Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 1
Towers: Klipsch RF83 Center: Klipsch RP450C
Surrounds: Klipsch RS42II
Subs: Dual Rythmik FV15HP
post #11 of 14 Old 03-16-2019, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2331 Post(s)
Liked: 1662
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
Spoiler!

Just saying it before the wrath of a mod descends upon us.
The lightening seems to strike at random. Maybe there are triggers that attract it, but I don't know what they are.
post #12 of 14 Old 03-16-2019, 09:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Andrew Parks View Post
So what route would you take if you were the OP? We'd like your input as well. Also, I'm sending you a hug.
New user, single post ... I'd urge the OP to spend some time reading recent threads. If interested in specific brands or models, read the "owners'" threads to get a feel for gripes and huzzahs. It's sometimes presumed that forum members are unpaid sale assistants who can perform purchase research. That's Google they're thinking of. This forum has posts and articles aplenty for the inquisitive person to do some research before asking "tell me what to buy."

tl;dr: go to Costco, buy the Yamaha TSR-7850 while there's a rebate. Fine 7-channel receiver, great value for the price, excellent post-sales support and return options. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
The lightening seems to strike at random. Maybe there are triggers that attract it, but I don't know what they are.
Sure. I don't call down the forum gods to strike lightning and leave a smoking crater where someone posted a street price. We're adults here, if someone forgets this relatively newish forum policy, a simple suggestion should be enough.

post #13 of 14 Old 03-17-2019, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Lol I'm not from Google. I'm just wondering some options on what would work well with the speakers in the link I shared.
post #14 of 14 Old 03-17-2019, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayday0 View Post
Lol I'm not from Google. I'm just wondering some options on what would work well with the speakers in the link I shared.
There's no magic formula of AVRs that will "work well" with Fluance speakers. Most anything will work fine, including my recommendation.

Short answer: there is no "best" receiver to go with Fluance speakers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page