Random blank/black screen from Roku Ultra>Denon AVR x3300>LG oled - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-23-2019, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Random blank/black screen from Roku Ultra>Denon AVR x3300>LG oled

Roku Ultra is connected to LG Oled through a Denon AVR3300 with HDMI pass-through. For non-home theater use (day to day) I use the TV speakers and leave the receiver off. I will get completely random momentary black/blank screens for about 1 second in this setup. It might not happen at all, or it might happen every few minutes. Completely random. If I power cycle the Denon or leave it on, the drop outs don't happen. For example, yesterday I was re-watching True Detective in this set up from the Roku's Directvnow app with the Denon off. I watched several episodes with no issues. I completely forgot it had even been a problem. I go to dinner and come home and start watching again and after a few minutes I got a 1 second drop out. A few minutes later I get another. I power cycle the Denon and they went away. I have Roku Ultras in two other rooms, connected directly to the TV's (Samsung plasma and Vizio LCD). No issues there. Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-23-2019, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I had a very similar issue w/ an Ultra. It ended up being as simple as a HDMI cable.
My settings were for 4K on the Ultra & the cable was randomly loosing the 'handshake' I guess. After numerous tests that included moving different pieces to different rooms in the house, the reseting issue was narrowed to a cable.
Swapped out all cables in my system(just in case) to certified cables from Monoprice & have had no issues since
Good luck!

Samsung 82" Q90 - Panasonic UB9000 - Anthem MRX 720 - Emotiva T2's & C2 - Emotiva XPA 5 - SVS SB16
post #3 of 3 Old 03-25-2019, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexrode78 View Post
I had a very similar issue w/ an Ultra. It ended up being as simple as a HDMI cable.
My settings were for 4K on the Ultra & the cable was randomly loosing the 'handshake' I guess. After numerous tests that included moving different pieces to different rooms in the house, the reseting issue was narrowed to a cable.
Swapped out all cables in my system(just in case) to certified cables from Monoprice & have had no issues since
Good luck!
If it was a cable, why would power cycling the Denon or just leaving Denon on solve the issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page