"OFFICIAL" 2019 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-8) - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 295Likes

post #511 of 909 Old 09-08-2019, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2262 Post(s)
Liked: 2564
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile View Post
The Denon never worked fine. There are posts from me several weeks back. I originally would turn all off, change the HDMI input a few times and it would work. Someone suggested new cables, which I bought and tried. The Anthem worked for years. I buy a new Denon and drop it in, and I get this.
There are no meaningful options in the cable box settings I can access. I have tried 3 different cables, to include 2 new premium ones.
Now, it turns on, works for 30 seconds, then I lose picture and sound. One occasion last night it worked for 10 minutes; I turned off only the TV and went to bed. Turned only the TV back on this morning and it worked for 30 seconds before it disappeared. This is different behavior than originally, but it has never operated properly.
I was simply going off of what you posted last which didn't mention any of that happening in the first 3 weeks. What someone posts weeks back on a forum this size isn't going to get burned into anyone's brain other than the posters so best to copy paste or mention again that it's been ongoing. You didn't mention what your Denon's HDMI passthrough setting is. The default standard or Enhanced? Toggle between the two settings as a test.

EDIT: Just now finished reading down the thread from your last post to me and it looks like you found a possible fix by unplugging your other gear. Good job.
dfa973 likes this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html

Last edited by Madmax67; 09-08-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Amazon has the x3600H on sale so I pulled the trigger. I have an AVR 4308 that two of the amps have gone bad and I'm having to use 2 channels from an old 5 channel carver amp to power my simple 5.1 system. this will be replacing that setup. As of right now I have set of Boston Acoustics VR970 for the fronts and VR950 for the rear and matching center channel, but I forget the model of that one. I would either add speakers to this setup or replace them all with new.

With this new amp I have TONS of options, but I'm completely confused by all the new surround options... all these extra .x after the 5.1 or 7.1. Is there a site that you could/would recommend to help me figure out what surround sound is best in my situation or at least explain them so I can make my decision on how to setup the room and what/if I need new speakers? I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment, but would like to take advantage of what the x3600H can do for surround.

[Price talk removed]

Last edited by Mike Lang; 09-09-2019 at 10:08 AM.
post #513 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyko View Post
Hi All,

I just got my 750H today and testing a bit but there are some issues I wanted help or understanding.

When I am using my XBOX One X or PS4 Pro, I am always seeing Multi in. I used My xbox to play NETFLIX on ATMOS movies but they are all showing Multi in instead of ATMOS, Is there a config I need to set and force it to ATMOS?

If i directly instead an ATMOS or DTS:X disc it into both systems it does display them, my only problem is playing Streaming contents using XBOX is not allowing to display ATMOS.

Additional, the input signal is detected as below:

Multi Ch In
PCM
What is your Xbox set to output your audio as? I don't have the "X" but my Xbox One has a setting to output ATMOS. There is a setting for 5.1 multi channel uncompreesed that you may have checked. You'd want BitStream out and choose the Bitstream format as ATMOS... Are you sure you have the Xbox set to output ATMOS?

You most likely already have it setup correctly, but I put a video link here video showing how to do it in case it's helpful to anyone else searching...

Last edited by Davisjl; 09-09-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisjl View Post
all these extra .x after the 5.1 or 7.1.
Those refer to ceiling speakers or upward facing speakers that bounce sound off the ceiling. That takes you from 2D sound to 3D sound. If ceiling mounted speakers aren't an option (such as if you live in an apartment) or you just don't want to go through the effort of mounting and wiring, then the upward facing speakers can add a lot (they typically would sit on top of your (front and/or side) LR speakers, or be built-in to the LR speakers.

You can search for "ceiling speakers", "height speakers", "upward-firing speakers", or "atmos speakers" to get lots more info.

The 3600 will also do virtual height speakers, which will use your current 2D setup to make it sound more 3D. I haven't tried that so I don't know how well it works.

(I'm not recommending the speakers in the photos, they are just the first photos I found to give as examples.)

LG 65" C9; Denon AVR-S750H
5.1.2: Emotiva Airmotiv C2, T-Zero (x2), E1 (x4); HSU VTF-2

Last edited by Baff; 09-09-2019 at 10:07 AM.
post #515 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have an AVR 4308 that two of the amps have gone bad and I'm having to use 2 channels from an old 5 channel carver amp to power my simple 5.1 system. this will be replacing that setup. As of right now I have set of Boston Acoustics VR970 for the fronts and VR950 for the rear and matching center channel, but I forget the model of that one. I would either add speakers to this setup or replace them all with new.

With this new amp I have TONS of options, but I'm completely confused by all the new surround options... all these extra .x after the 5.1 or 7.1. Is there a site that you could/would recommend to help me figure out what surround sound is best in my situation or at least explain them so I can make my decision on how to setup the room and what/if I need new speakers? I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment, but would like to take advantage of what the x3600H can do for surround.
There's basically 2 upmixers ( one for DTS called DTS Neural X and one for Dolby called Dolby Surround Upmixer.) The rest are either native codecs or built in receiver chosen DSP's like multi channel stereo, virtual etc.... Whichever you select in any of the colored sound mode buttons will default to that mode the next time you use it.

Audioholics surround sound article.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html

Last edited by Madmax67; 09-09-2019 at 10:09 AM.
post #516 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked: 2263
Please review the rules on price discussions (and where to buy) posts

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...ls-sticky.html
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #517 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
Please review the rules on price discussions (and where to buy) posts

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...ls-sticky.html
Understood... apologies.
post #518 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baff View Post
Those refer to ceiling speakers or upward facing speakers that bounce sound off the ceiling. That takes you from 2D sound to 3D sound. If ceiling mounted speakers aren't an option (such as if you live in an apartment) or you just don't want to go through the effort of mounting and wiring, then the upward facing speakers can add a lot (they typically would sit on top of your (front and/or side) LR speakers, or be built-in to the LR speakers.

You can search for "ceiling speakers", "height speakers", "upward-firing speakers", or "atmos speakers" to get lots more info.

The 3600 will also do virtual height speakers, which will use your current 2D setup to make it sound more 3D. I haven't tried that so I don't know how well it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
There's basically 2 upmixers ( one for DTS called DTS Neural X and one for Dolby called Dolby Surround Upmixer.) The rest are either native codecs or built in receiver chosen DSP's like multi channel stereo, virtual etc.... Whichever you select in any of the colored sound mode buttons will default to that mode the next time you use it.

Audioholics surround sound article.
Thank you for the reply and links. I'll start digging in and figuring it out.
post #519 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Quote:
Hi All,

I just got my 750H today and testing a bit but there are some issues I wanted help or understanding.

When I am using my XBOX One X or PS4 Pro, I am always seeing Multi in. I used My xbox to play NETFLIX on ATMOS movies but they are all showing Multi in instead of ATMOS, Is there a config I need to set and force it to ATMOS?

If i directly instead an ATMOS or DTS:X disc it into both systems it does display them, my only problem is playing Streaming contents using XBOX is not allowing to display ATMOS.

Additional, the input signal is detected as below:

Multi Ch In
PCM
What is your Xbox set to output your audio as? I don't have the "X" but my Xbox One has a setting to output ATMOS. There is a setting for 5.1 multi channel uncompreesed that you may have checked. You'd want BitStream out and choose the Bitstream format as ATMOS... Are you sure you have the Xbox set to output ATMOS?

You most likely already have it setup correctly, but I put a video link here video showing how to do it in case it's helpful to anyone else searching...

I got both xbox one s and X, I did setup as bitstream and changed to Dolby Atmos for home theater, It seems that DENON won't detect Xbox one x as ATMOS but Multi in instead.
post #520 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I got both xbox one s and X, I did setup as bitstream and changed to Dolby Atmos for home theater, It seems that DENON won't detect Xbox one x as ATMOS but Multi in instead.
and you have the optical set to OFF and you are trying to play an ATMOS video from Netflix and you have a Netflix account that can stream ATMOS (Premium is require i think)? You may also have to change your Netflix playback settings to HIGH quality too...

I don't have my x3600H yet so I can't test it, but I have seen others treads use Netflix and ATMOS on their Denon 7200 series and it shows up correctly. I'd be surprised if the 3600 didn't detect it correctly.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...4&d=1516862826

Last edited by Davisjl; 09-09-2019 at 12:27 PM.
post #521 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@two_tonn already explained that it is more than likely due to it being Dolby MAT 2.0 which decodes the signal in your source device not the receiver. Seeing multi in for a PCM signal is normal if that's the case.

post #522 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
@two_tonn already explained that it is more than likely due to it being Dolby MAT 2.0 which decodes the signal in your source device not the receiver. Seeing multi in for a PCM signal is normal if that's the case.
Maybe I'm to far removed from all this stuff over the years, but shouldn't the xbox be sending a BITSTREAM signal if you have it set to Bitstream and ATMOS in the sound setting of the XBOX? Does the Xbox still send a PCM even thought Bitstream is selected? Or is what TwoTonn saying is that Netflix doesn't send a true ATMOS signal due to bandwidth issues and instead sends a compressed/Lossy signal ATMOS? If that is the case, why do other denon's see it at ATMOS? Excuse me if my understand is dated, I'm trying to catch up from 10 years being removed.
Matt2026 likes this.

Last edited by Davisjl; 09-09-2019 at 01:45 PM.
post #523 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
This is correct. Also anytime you change an amp assign setting Audyssey will need to be rerun. There's not much sleep to be lost over this amp disconnected or not disconnected thing. If you run an 11 channels setup and externally amplify the mains it's a minor benefit spec wise. If not no big deal.
Thanks, Zero sleep lost, just wanted to make sure I fully understood how the X3600 operated when configured as pre-pro, nothing more.

SCG
post #524 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Maybe I'm to far removed from all this stuff over the years, but shouldn't the xbox be sending a BITSTREAM signal if you have it set to Bitstream and ATMOS in the sound setting of the XBOX? Does the Xbox still send a PCM even thought Bitstream is selected? Or is what TwoTonn saying is that Netflix doesn't send a true ATMOS signal due to bandwidth issues and instead sends a compressed/Lossy signal ATMOS? If that is the case, why do other denon's see it at ATMOS? Excuse me if my understand is dated, I'm trying to catch up from 10 years being removed.
No problem. Bottom line regardless of what any other year model receiver displays if you are not using any of the receivers built in upmixers and are getting sound through all of your speakers including any height, in ceiling or up firing speakers then you are getting Dolby Atmos albeit in a PCM signal which does explain why your specific receiver is showing it as multi in.
Dolby Atmos in Dolby Atmos MAT

Certain content devices, such as Xbox One X/S and Apple TV 4K, come with a Dolby Atmos MAT encoder, which is designed to encode, decode and incorporate Dolby Atmos metadata into lossless pulse-code modulation (PCM) audio. When a sound system receives this audio format, it will recognize it as Dolby Atmos MAT and process the multi-channel PCM audio with the embedded Dolby Atmos information, allowing listeners to experience Dolby Atmos even in PCM audio.
dfa973 likes this.

post #525 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy-99 View Post
Thanks, Zero sleep lost, just wanted to make sure I fully understood how the X3600 operated when configured as pre-pro, nothing more.
No, I totally understand. I was actually saying that more so to tell others reading along that we're having more of a down low in the noise floor debate rather than a practical improve your sound one.

Last edited by Madmax67; 09-09-2019 at 02:04 PM.
post #526 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
No problem. Bottom line regardless of what any other year model receiver displays if you are not using any of the receivers built in upmixers and are getting sound through all of your speakers including any height, in ceiling or up firing speakers then you are getting Dolby Atmos albeit in a PCM signal which does explain why your specific receiver is showing it as multi in.

Certain content devices, such as Xbox One X/S and Apple TV 4K, come with a Dolby Atmos MAT encoder, which is designed to encode, decode and incorporate Dolby Atmos metadata into lossless pulse-code modulation (PCM) audio. When a sound system receives this audio format, it will recognize it as Dolby Atmos MAT and process the multi-channel PCM audio with the embedded Dolby Atmos information, allowing listeners to experience Dolby Atmos even in PCM audio.
So the Xbox One will decode the ATMOS signal from Netflix Regardless of the selection of Bitstream in the Xbox settings? That sounds like a stupid way to do things...

So If I understand... you're saying that the Xbox takes the Netflix Atmos in Dolby Digital Plus, decodes it.... then recodes it to Atmos MAT and then passes that to the receiver as PCM ?

I mean, why choose Bitstream if it's going to send PCM regardless... makes no sense to me, but I'm thinking of it as just a pass through setting where the Xbox is just passing the audio through from netflix without touching it...

I'll have the x3600H on Thursday and test it out to see.

Thank you for your response and trying to help get it into my thick head... but I guess I'm just too old to understand these things I'll do some googling and try to educate myself before Thursday.

Last edited by Davisjl; 09-09-2019 at 03:06 PM.
post #527 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
No, I totally understand. I was actually saying that more so to tell others reading along that we're having more of a down low in the noise floor debate rather than a practical improve your sound one.
I have to admit I'm not sure who you're debating with? Because if you read my posts we're on the same page regarding this issue.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post58488410

My original question was only to confirm how the X3600 needs to be configured to operate in this mode.

SCG
post #528 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So the Xbox One will decode the ATMOS signal from Netflix Regardless of the selection of Bitstream in the Xbox settings? That sounds like a stupid way to do things...

So If I understand... you're saying that the Xbox takes the Netflix Atmos in Dolby Digital Plus, decodes it.... then recodes it to Atmos MAT and then passes that to the receiver as PCM ? I mean, why choose Bitstream if it's going to send PCM regardless... makes no sense to me, but I'm thinking of it as just a pass through setting where the Xbox is just passing the audio through from netflix without touching it...

I'll have the x3600H on Thursday and test it out to see.

Thank you for your response and trying to help get it into my thick head... but I guess I'm just too old to understand these things I'll do some googling and try to educate myself before Thursday.
Correct. It was meant for use primarily in sound bars and video game consoles where you wouldn't necessarily have an AVR in the loop to do the decoding. Apple also employs it because well Apple loves doing all the processing anyways so it's up their alley. Whether its PCM or bitstream it's still lossless audio. I switch backs and forth between the 2 myself when playing SACD's and there's no difference in sound quality. Atmos through ARC is another story. That's lossy.

Dolby Atmos in Dolby MAT

A Dolby MAT encoder resides in a Blu-ray player to pack the variable bit-rate Dolby TrueHD bitstreams for

transmission over the fixed bit-rate HDMI. A Dolby MAT decoder is concurrently employed in the Dolby

TrueHD decoder in the sound bar to unpack the Dolby TrueHD bitstreams. With the introduction of Dolby

Atmos, we have expanded the Dolby MAT technology to support encoding and decoding of Dolby Atmos

metadata incorporated in lossless pulse-code modulation (PCM) audio.

A key benefit of Dolby MAT 2.0 is that Dolby Atmos object-based audio can be live encoded and

transmitted from a source device with limited latency and processing complexity. Among the likely

sources are broadcast set-top boxes and game consoles. The Dolby MAT 2.0 decoder in the Dolby Atmos

enabled sound bar outputs the object-based audio and its metadata for further processing inside the

device. The Dolby MAT 2.0 container is scalable and leverages the full potential of the HDMI audio pipeline
Matt2026, mrtickleuk and dfa973 like this.

post #529 of 909 Old 09-09-2019, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy-99 View Post
I have to admit I'm not sure who you're debating with? Because if you read my posts we're on the same page regarding this issue.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post58488410

My original question was only to confirm how the X3600 needs to be configured to operate in this mode.
It's not about you sir. More than just the 2 of us have weighed in on this and it's fine to have the discussion and realize the science behind the testing methodology but that's not how newbs read these things. They read odd order harmonic distortion using the mains internal amps no way! Next time I'll just add a seperate post not tagged to anyone so there's no confusion.

We're having= collectively in the forum not just you.

post #530 of 909 Old 09-10-2019, 02:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:

I've also been driven mad by the Multi-In/Atmos issue on Xbox One X, but decided to mail Denon customer support, who are aware of the issue. Here's what they told me.

"Thank you for your query.

"We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties.

"Our engineers have thoroughly investigated the issue with Dolby Atmos and Xbox and the findings are as follows:

"1. Dolby Atmos version is changed from “Dolby Harmony 1.3” to “Dolby Home Audio 1.6” via U21 Update. The Dolby Home Audio 1.6 includes the “Dolby MAT signaling” feature that detects the channel based PCM signal contained into the Dolby MAT Container. And, major player which contains the PCM signal into Dolby MAT container is only XBOX One S and XBOX One X, currently. With new Dolby Atmos version 1.6, specific processing of source (XBOX) is needed. This is now the problem: Xbox did not implement this processing yet.

"2. With downgrading the FW to previous version, Dolby Harmony 1.3 will be installed again. “Dolby MAT signaling” is unknown in this Dolby version, so problem cannot occur. Problem will only occur when playing Dolby Atmos film via Netflix App on Xbox. Playing BD´s via player in Xbox: no problem"

However, they sent me the old firmware for the X2600 by mistake. Doing the downgrade did not work, so I wrote back. This morning they sent this:

"Thank you for your patience.

"Please accept our sincere apologies for the error. We are currently waiting to receive the right firmware, which is being amended to address the Dolby Atmos issue. Once we have received this, an email will be sent to you with the correct firmware and instructions."

In summary, sit tight. They're on it.
post #531 of 909 Old 09-10-2019, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudster View Post
I've also been driven mad by the Multi-In/Atmos issue on Xbox One X, but decided to mail Denon customer support, who are aware of the issue. Here's what they told me.

"Thank you for your query.

"We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties.

"Our engineers have thoroughly investigated the issue with Dolby Atmos and Xbox and the findings are as follows:

"1. Dolby Atmos version is changed from “Dolby Harmony 1.3” to “Dolby Home Audio 1.6” via U21 Update. The Dolby Home Audio 1.6 includes the “Dolby MAT signaling” feature that detects the channel based PCM signal contained into the Dolby MAT Container. And, major player which contains the PCM signal into Dolby MAT container is only XBOX One S and XBOX One X, currently. With new Dolby Atmos version 1.6, specific processing of source (XBOX) is needed. This is now the problem: Xbox did not implement this processing yet.

"2. With downgrading the FW to previous version, Dolby Harmony 1.3 will be installed again. “Dolby MAT signaling” is unknown in this Dolby version, so problem cannot occur. Problem will only occur when playing Dolby Atmos film via Netflix App on Xbox. Playing BD´s via player in Xbox: no problem"

However, they sent me the old firmware for the X2600 by mistake. Doing the downgrade did not work, so I wrote back. This morning they sent this:

"Thank you for your patience.

"Please accept our sincere apologies for the error. We are currently waiting to receive the right firmware, which is being amended to address the Dolby Atmos issue. Once we have received this, an email will be sent to you with the correct firmware and instructions."

In summary, sit tight. They're on it.
Thanks for that. Read it 5 or 6 times and this is my takeaway on it. Denon did the 1.6 Dolby upgrade but there's a subsequent upgrade The X box has to do for things to work so for now they recommend downgrading to version 1.3 where only Netflix won't display Atmos on the Denon which was the original posters complaint (discs displayed correctly Netflix not so much. ) From all this it seems X box needs to be on it for this to get resolved. Good news is regardless of what's displayed the Mat 2.0 PCM stream is still producing Dolby Atmos.

post #532 of 909 Old 09-10-2019, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talen7220 View Post
Anyone have any issues with random audio & video signal dropouts when using a cable STB as the signal source and passing the signal through the Denon AVR via HDMI? The signal dropouts occur for only a few seconds (screen goes blank and no sound) and then the signal resumes a few seconds later with video and audio back to normal. This happens randomly maybe a couple times an hour on average, sometimes more frequently, sometimes less.

I'm using a Cisco 8652HDC STB connected to a Denon X3500 which is running out to my LG C9 via Install Bay active cables.

I don't have these dropouts when using any other video source, whether from my Blu-Ray player via HDMI into the AVR or when streaming from one of the apps in my TV and using eArc back to the AVR.

Up until today, I was having the same issue using the Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC STB and had my cable company swap it out for a Cisco 8652HDC thinking that the 8300HDC could be the issue, but that didn't solve the problem.

I've tried changing just about every setting in the AVR and TV, changed the HDMI input slot on the AVR, changed cables running from the STB to the AVR, changed the active cables running from AVR to the TV, turned off, unplugged and reset all devices, etc., etc., etc. but nothing has seemed to fix the issue.

At this point, I'm assuming that this is probably an intermittent handshake issue between the STB and the AVR?

Any other thoughts/suggestions besides cutting the cable cord and going all streaming service?

Thanks!
Remove all other source devices other than the cable box and see if it reproduces. If that doesn't work then check if the receiver's HDMI setting is set to Enhanced and if so change it to the default Standard as a test. Some cable boxes can have issues with the Enhanced passthrough setting.
talen7220 likes this.

post #533 of 909 Old 09-10-2019, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Just to update on Denon's response: they sent over the correct firmware to downgrade to, and it does actually now display Xbox One X/S bitstream Atmos signals as Atmos - both in games and movies. Until Microsoft delivers the required update, this is the workaround.
Davisjl and Madmax67 like this.
post #534 of 909 Old 09-10-2019, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22759 Post(s)
Liked: 12411
Quote:
Originally Posted by talen7220 View Post
Anyone have any issues with random audio & video signal dropouts when using a cable STB as the signal source and passing the signal through the Denon AVR via HDMI? The signal dropouts occur for only a few seconds (screen goes blank and no sound) and then the signal resumes a few seconds later with video and audio back to normal. This happens randomly maybe a couple times an hour on average, sometimes more frequently, sometimes less.

I'm using a Cisco 8652HDC STB connected to a Denon X3500 which is running out to my LG C9 via Install Bay active cables.
Oops! Wrong thread. Please repost in the correct thread, the 2018 Denon Owner's thread ..

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...sts-1-8-a.html
talen7220 likes this.
post #535 of 909 Old 09-11-2019, 01:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudster View Post
Just to update on Denon's response: they sent over the correct firmware to downgrade to, and it does actually now display Xbox One X/S bitstream Atmos signals as Atmos - both in games and movies. Until Microsoft delivers the required update, this is the workaround.
Good job.

post #536 of 909 Old 09-12-2019, 06:19 AM

This may end up being a pretty stupid question, but I can' find any help or guidance by google so I'm going to ask this here...

I just got my x3600H Denon and hooked it up. It functions fine and connects to my network via ethernet and be seen on the network by connecting to IP and can update firmware online and Airplay to receiver; However, I cannot get the Denon Remote App to see the receiver nor can I get the Heos app to see the receiver.

I've never used HEOS and not sure how it works, but from the setup guides it appears I should be able to add the AVR to the HEOS app and then stream music via different online apps such as spotify. I don't have any HEOS speakers yet, but was thinking of getting some if I can get this thing to work.

On the HEOS app the only option I have is "setup" or DEMO. When I choose SETUP it searches for HEOS devices on my network but doesn't find any. My iPhone X is connected to my WiFi and I can Airplay to the Denon off my phone. I can also go to the web interface on the Denon from my phone using the local IP address assigned by my wifi router.

Am I missing something? Am I expecting HEOS to work differently than it's designed? Do I have to have a HEOS speaker before it will see my AVR receiver ?
post #537 of 909 Old 09-12-2019, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Quote:
Am I missing something? Am I expecting HEOS to work differently than it's designed? Do I have to have a HEOS speaker before it will see my AVR receiver ?
The HEOS app should automatically detect the receiver.
There is no way that you can specify the IP of your receiver (no manual add procedure).
Try to shut down the receiver and your router that deliver the Ethernet connection to the receiver and the Wi-Fi to the phone and try again after the receiver has acquired it's IP from the router.
Even without the HEOS app you should be able to use the TuneIn service using the IR remote and see if the receiver has a good Internet connection for an external service.
post #538 of 909 Old 09-12-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfa973 View Post
The HEOS app should automatically detect the receiver.
There is no way that you can specify the IP of your receiver (no manual add procedure).
Try to shut down the receiver and your router that deliver the Ethernet connection to the receiver and the Wi-Fi to the phone and try again after the receiver has acquired it's IP from the router.
Even without the HEOS app you should be able to use the TuneIn service using the IR remote and see if the receiver has a good Internet connection for an external service.
Yup, the Tunein app on the receiver works just fine and streams as expected. On my local network from my iPhone I can open a browser and put in the IP of the receiver and connect to the web interface and control it. However, the HEOS app is a complete no go and the Denon 2016 remote app is a no go.

I've rebooted the router and I have unplugged the receiver. I've even hard rebooted my iPhone... nothing changes.

No new firmware is available for the receiver, I have done one update when I first got it setup and that completed successfully. HEOS iOS App and Denon Remote 2016 app are updated to the most current version.

Airplay works just fine and adding the receiver to google home works just fine.

It's like they haven't added support for the 3600 yet on the HEOS app and Remote App. Does anyone else have a 3600 that has connected to the iOS HEOS app and/or the Denon remote 2016 app?

Last edited by Davisjl; 09-12-2019 at 12:02 PM.
post #539 of 909 Old 09-12-2019, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22759 Post(s)
Liked: 12411
Quote:
Yup, the Tunein app on the receiver works just fine and streams as expected. On my local network from my iPhone I can open a browser and put in the IP of the receiver and connect to the web interface and control it. However, the HEOS app is a complete no go and the Denon 2016 remote app is a no go.

I've rebooted the router and I have unplugged the receiver. I've even hard rebooted my iPhone... nothing changes.

No new firmware is available for the receiver, I have done one update when I first got it setup and that completed successfully. HEOS iOS App and Denon Remote 2016 app are updated to the most current version.

Airplay works just fine and adding the receiver to google home works just fine.

It's like they haven't added support for the 3600 yet on the HEOS app and Remote App. Does anyone else have a 3600 that has connected to the iOS HEOS app and/or the Denon remote 2016 app?
Refer to post 5 and do a "Network Reset."
post #540 of 909 Old 09-12-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Refer to post 5 and do a "Network Reset."
Thank you will try that tonight.

As a note, I saw your post below that one that has the firmware page link. My Denon did a firmware update the first time I checked via the gui... however the page you linked doesn't even show the x3600h as an option on the drop down. Is there a chance that Denon is just behind in added support to the HEOS and Remote app for the x3600H ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page