"OFFICIAL" 2019 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-8) - Page 49 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 457Likes

post #1441 of 1478 Old 01-12-2020, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer604 View Post
Have a repeatable situation - the box has a built in PVR. I can force the sound to drop out by fast forwarding my recording a few times. Sound returns when I switch inputs. Sound stays when I switch back to the box.

Haven’t unplugged the box yet. No trouble last night watching a bluray. New cables haven’t arrived yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please report result of swapping cables, thanks. I have had my 3600 set up for about a month now and having issues with audio dropping out while performing DVR functions...only to return when I switch inputs and come back to the DVR. Getting annoying...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1478 Old 01-12-2020, 10:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
HDMI handshake issues can often be mitigated by powering on using the following sequence: TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, source. If still no joy … exchange it.
Thanks. Will try in the morning. If it doesn’t work, back it goes.
post #1443 of 1478 Old 01-13-2020, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiwolve View Post
Please report result of swapping cables, thanks. I have had my 3600 set up for about a month now and having issues with audio dropping out while performing DVR functions...only to return when I switch inputs and come back to the DVR. Getting annoying...

Will do. What kind/quality cables are you using?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1444 of 1478 Old 01-13-2020, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
HDMI handshake issues can often be mitigated by powering on using the following sequence: TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, source. If still no joy … exchange it.
Just tried it (with a high degree of scepticism—not of your advice but because even the analogue input had no sound). To my astonishment, it worked.

Will keep an eye on things but happy to avoid the hassle of dealing with a return.

Thanks ever so much.

PS—I guess the analogue input not working last night means there’s an ADC applied to it. Not a big deal. Wasn’t planning on using the analogue input. Was just testing.
Matt2026 likes this.
post #1445 of 1478 Old 01-13-2020, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 766 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23196 Post(s)
Liked: 12723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovation View Post
Just tried it (with a high degree of scepticism—not of your advice but because even the analogue input had no sound). To my astonishment, it worked.

Will keep an eye on things but happy to avoid the hassle of dealing with a return.

Thanks ever so much.

PS—I guess the analogue input not working last night means there’s an ADC applied to it. Not a big deal. Wasn’t planning on using the analogue input. Was just testing.
Great! Thanks for reporting back.

HDMI handshake issues are quite common and can come and go for various reasons.
Ovation likes this.
post #1446 of 1478 Old 01-13-2020, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Big Change in Color Quality

I recently purchased a 2019 AVR-X3600H and have been fiddling with the video settings and thought I'd share this. I recently saw a recommendation to set the PS4 I'm streaming channels through to 1080p all the time, and to setting Netflix (on their website) to always stream highest quality. Those were great suggestions and may have increased the quality of the video somewhat. I also need to say that I have an old Panasonic plasma running 1080p that I'm displaying on.

I've been fiddling with the Denon Video settings and this is where the greatest improvement has come, especially when streaming Netflix. It wasn't until I tried the Streaming setting on Picture Adjust that I really noticed a difference. It was as though I had purchased an HDR tv (my plasma does not have this). The colors are so much richer and varied. I don't mean brighter, but the slight differences in hue are incredible.

I have also been altering the tv color settings, and decided to leave it on THX setting.
Note: I have Video Mode set to Auto and Video Conversion set to On (i/p scaler is off).
I'd be interested to know if anyone else streaming to an old plasma has seen such an improvement in color variation with these setting.

John
post #1447 of 1478 Old 01-14-2020, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm wondering if there's a setting I'm missing somewhere in my X3600H for what input to default to when powered on?

I always leave the Input on Satellite when I turn my TV and receiver off. When I turn the TV and receiver back on, it starts on Satellite for about half a second before automatically powering on my Sony UBP-X800 Bluray player and switching to that input. I didn't really think that was necessary since I'm usually watching TV instead of movies, so I turned off the HDMI control in the Sony. Next time I turned on the TV and receiver, the Bluray player stayed powered off, but then the Denon switched to TV audio instead and displayed a black screen with a Denon logo. It absolutely refuses to stay on the Satellite input when turned on, anyone have any ideas or am I doing something wrong?

TV: 65" LG E6 OLED
Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H
Speakers: Polk RTiA5 fronts, CSiA6 centre, RTiA1 surrounds
Sub: SVS PB-3000
Sony UBP-X800, Xbox One X
post #1448 of 1478 Old 01-14-2020, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Quoted: 5363 Post(s)
Liked: 7752
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskCanesFan View Post
I'm wondering if there's a setting I'm missing somewhere in my X3600H for what input to default to when powered on?

I always leave the Input on Satellite when I turn my TV and receiver off. When I turn the TV and receiver back on, it starts on Satellite for about half a second before automatically powering on my Sony UBP-X800 Bluray player and switching to that input. I didn't really think that was necessary since I'm usually watching TV instead of movies, so I turned off the HDMI control in the Sony. Next time I turned on the TV and receiver, the Bluray player stayed powered off, but then the Denon switched to TV audio instead and displayed a black screen with a Denon logo. It absolutely refuses to stay on the Satellite input when turned on, anyone have any ideas or am I doing something wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong at all.

This is a HDMI-CEC problem. The TV behaves badly, and sends a "switch to TV audio" command to the denon multiple times when it is first turned on, even if you turn it on via HDMI-CEC from the Denon!
The Denon allows you to turn off auto-TV audio switching, but I find this very useful (eg when using an app on the TV, it'll auto switch to TV audio).
It's the TV's fault. I compromise and just wait for it to finish, and then switch to satellite manually once, and then enjoy the auto-switching afterwards.
Madmax67 and dfa973 like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #1449 of 1478 Old 01-14-2020, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

The <TV Audio Switching> (p. 184 Owner's manual) setting factory defaults to ON. Set it to OFF.
post #1450 of 1478 Old 01-14-2020, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
You aren't doing anything wrong at all.

This is a HDMI-CEC problem. The TV behaves badly, and sends a "switch to TV audio" command to the denon multiple times when it is first turned on, even if you turn it on via HDMI-CEC from the Denon!
The Denon allows you to turn off auto-TV audio switching, but I find this very useful (eg when using an app on the TV, it'll auto switch to TV audio).
It's the TV's fault. I compromise and just wait for it to finish, and then switch to satellite manually once, and then enjoy the auto-switching afterwards.
Thanks, I was afraid of that. I did see the Denon's setting for auto-TV audio switching, but left it on because of the reason you said, I use the TV's built in apps for all my streaming.

It's not an end of the world annoyance by any stretch, I'll probably make the same compromise as you. Might play with turning off the auto switch setting in the Denon and see which way I end up pressing less buttons, I probably stream less than I watch Satellite. I also just bought a Harmony so maybe there's a way I can program it to do the switch for me.

Being that you also have an OLED TV, I'm guessing this is a TV issue that lots of LG OLED owners know about, but LG just doesn't bother to fix with an update for some reason?
mrtickleuk likes this.

TV: 65" LG E6 OLED
Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H
Speakers: Polk RTiA5 fronts, CSiA6 centre, RTiA1 surrounds
Sub: SVS PB-3000
Sony UBP-X800, Xbox One X
post #1451 of 1478 Old 01-14-2020, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Quoted: 5363 Post(s)
Liked: 7752
Quote:
Being that you also have an OLED TV, I'm guessing this is a TV issue that lots of LG OLED owners know about, but LG just doesn't bother to fix with an update for some reason?
They would probably deny there's anything to fix . It's still present on the 2018 / 2019 models for a start!
SaskCanesFan likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #1452 of 1478 Old 01-14-2020, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a new AVR-X3600H that I wish to run 2.1 in zone 2. What is the best way to achieve this?
post #1453 of 1478 Old 01-15-2020, 12:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroPro73 View Post
I have a new AVR-X3600H that I wish to run 2.1 in zone 2. What is the best way to achieve this?
No subwoofer in a non main zone so 2.0 PCM only. Either assign the height 2 speaker posts using the receivers own amps or the zone 2 pre outs using an external 2 channel amp. Page 156 of the 3600's PDF manual has the diagrams for both connection options.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #1454 of 1478 Old 01-15-2020, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroPro73 View Post
Purchase a subwoofer that features "speaker level inputs" and "speaker level outputs" (eg. Polk Audio PSW10 --> https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-PS...=fsclp_pl_dp_1) where the AVR/external amp can be connected to the "inputs" and the Zone 2 speakers can be connected to the "outputs."
oldsteve, D Bone and ChukG like this.
post #1455 of 1478 Old 01-15-2020, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
First off let me say that I found this forum 10 or so years ago when I was having audio sync issues between my old Denon (don't remember the model) and my new Samsung flat screen TV. Based on information found here, I think specifically from Batpig since I found an old link to his site, I ended up upgrading to what is my current Denon and fixing the sync issue with a manual delay configuration.
All that to say, it's great that this is still going and helping people out after so many years

On to my issue -- forgive my rambling
I was lucky enough to get a good deal on a full 5.1 set of Klipsh reference speakers from the Black Friday sales this year -- replacing my 20 or so year old Pioneers and used up subwoofer (old velodyne from a friend that was never real robust). Unfortunately, my aforementioned 10 year old, Denon AVR-2310CI decided to pick this time for the subwoofer out to quit. The cable was very tight, but the RCA plug doesn't move, so I think it had something go out. I had trouble getting it to work originally with the new sub, but wrote it up to the old tight cable because when I replaced it with a crappy RCA video cable I had laying around it worked. At the time I didn't hook up my surround speakers because I was running new cabling so I bought a new subwoofer cable and it didn't work again after changing it out (even on the cable that worked before or the original sub cable). I tried the 'running a finger over the tip of the cable' trick that jdsmoothie posted (thanks for that) and I get sub noise so it's still ok, but I get no output from the test tones.

So, 10 year old receiver - I figure it's time anyway.
I know that ultimately I'll probably be in a good place with any of the choices, but I've gone through all 49 pages of this post, but I'm still unsure so I'd like some opinions.
I've never really been unhappy with the AVR-2310CI, and if I'm reading the spreadsheet right that dfa973 posted, the 2310CI is more comparable to the X4500H line - although I may be assigning too much value on the horizontal there

I have a crummy room setup, that I have to live with, so I'm stuck with 5.1 - my couch is against the wall, so I can't really even put in surround rears correctly --- my surrounds are on stands 90 degrees to the sides because wall mounting isn't an option.

Equipment
Speakers - all Klipsh Reference - Front R-820F, Center R-34C, Surround R-51M, Subwoofer R-120SW
TV - Sony XBR-55X850C
DVR - Tivo Bolt VOX
BluRay - Sony BDP-S550 BlueRay player (probably the next upgrade)
Streamer - Roku Ultra
All 4k capable, except the BluRay player - I'm nowhere near 8k.

Given the room restrictions, the virtual height speakers are attractive but not required.
ARC/eARC isn't an issue since I control everything from a Harmony remote and I don't back-feed audio from the TV.
I don't currently use anything but the main zone.
I've never been wowed by Audyssey, but I will admit it did a much better job with my new speakers than it ever did with the old ones so I expect it's a function of what it has to work with lol. So I assume that Audyssey XT32 will really help out a lot with the room issues.

I'm leaning toward the AVR-X3600H, although truthfully it's bad timing because I would go for the AVR-X4700H if it was available. My new speakers produce a lot more bass than my old ones, but I don't think I want to wait 6+ months before I can use my sub. I don't really like the idea of buying something to just get by until the 4700 is out -- so whatever I get will likely get the expectation of long service like my old unit.
It looks like I have a multi-line display now, and although I probably don't need it I'm disappointed that the AVR-X3600H has a single line display.

So opinions?
AVR-X3600H
AVR-X4500H (yeah I know not 2019 model but I'm so far behind now I don't think I can say I'm all that worried a lot about HDCP 2.3 and HDMI 2.1 right now-might be a mistake)
or drop out of the pro line with AVR-S950H

Thanks,
Phillip
post #1456 of 1478 Old 01-15-2020, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PStallcup View Post
First off let me say that I found this forum 10 or so years ago when I was having audio sync issues between my old Denon (don't remember the model) and my new Samsung flat screen TV. Based on information found here, I think specifically from Batpig since I found an old link to his site, I ended up upgrading to what is my current Denon and fixing the sync issue with a manual delay configuration.
All that to say, it's great that this is still going and helping people out after so many years

On to my issue -- forgive my rambling
I was lucky enough to get a good deal on a full 5.1 set of Klipsh reference speakers from the Black Friday sales this year -- replacing my 20 or so year old Pioneers and used up subwoofer (old velodyne from a friend that was never real robust). Unfortunately, my aforementioned 10 year old, Denon AVR-2310CI decided to pick this time for the subwoofer out to quit. The cable was very tight, but the RCA plug doesn't move, so I think it had something go out. I had trouble getting it to work originally with the new sub, but wrote it up to the old tight cable because when I replaced it with a crappy RCA video cable I had laying around it worked. At the time I didn't hook up my surround speakers because I was running new cabling so I bought a new subwoofer cable and it didn't work again after changing it out (even on the cable that worked before or the original sub cable). I tried the 'running a finger over the tip of the cable' trick that jdsmoothie posted (thanks for that) and I get sub noise so it's still ok, but I get no output from the test tones.

So, 10 year old receiver - I figure it's time anyway.
I know that ultimately I'll probably be in a good place with any of the choices, but I've gone through all 49 pages of this post, but I'm still unsure so I'd like some opinions.
I've never really been unhappy with the AVR-2310CI, and if I'm reading the spreadsheet right that dfa973 posted, the 2310CI is more comparable to the X4500H line - although I may be assigning too much value on the horizontal there

I have a crummy room setup, that I have to live with, so I'm stuck with 5.1 - my couch is against the wall, so I can't really even put in surround rears correctly --- my surrounds are on stands 90 degrees to the sides because wall mounting isn't an option.

Equipment
Speakers - all Klipsh Reference - Front R-820F, Center R-34C, Surround R-51M, Subwoofer R-120SW
TV - Sony XBR-55X850C
DVR - Tivo Bolt VOX
BluRay - Sony BDP-S550 BlueRay player (probably the next upgrade)
Streamer - Roku Ultra
All 4k capable, except the BluRay player - I'm nowhere near 8k.

Given the room restrictions, the virtual height speakers are attractive but not required.
ARC/eARC isn't an issue since I control everything from a Harmony remote and I don't back-feed audio from the TV.
I don't currently use anything but the main zone.
I've never been wowed by Audyssey, but I will admit it did a much better job with my new speakers than it ever did with the old ones so I expect it's a function of what it has to work with lol. So I assume that Audyssey XT32 will really help out a lot with the room issues.

I'm leaning toward the AVR-X3600H, although truthfully it's bad timing because I would go for the AVR-X4700H if it was available. My new speakers produce a lot more bass than my old ones, but I don't think I want to wait 6+ months before I can use my sub. I don't really like the idea of buying something to just get by until the 4700 is out -- so whatever I get will likely get the expectation of long service like my old unit.
It looks like I have a multi-line display now, and although I probably don't need it I'm disappointed that the AVR-X3600H has a single line display.

So opinions?
AVR-X3600H
AVR-X4500H (yeah I know not 2019 model but I'm so far behind now I don't think I can say I'm all that worried a lot about HDCP 2.3 and HDMI 2.1 right now-might be a mistake)
or drop out of the pro line with AVR-S950H

Thanks,
Phillip
1. As noted in the table below, the 2310CI is a predecessor to the X3000 series.

2. The 2310CI uses the lowest version of Audyssey (ie. MultEQ) used on Denon AVRs which is only used on the lower "S" series models (eg. S950H) while MultEQ XT32 on the X3600H/X4500H is much more advanced and should produce much better results especially with more difficult rooms.

3. The successor to the X4500H won't be released until Sep/Oct while the 2019 X3600H will still be a significant improvement in audio quality as long as it meets your other feature/input/output requirements as noted in post 1. Note too that the INFO button will provide the same info provided on the two line display of the X4500H.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	233
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	2670592  
Madmax67 and SaskCanesFan like this.
post #1457 of 1478 Old 01-16-2020, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

2. The 2310CI uses the lowest version of Audyssey (ie. MultEQ) used on Denon AVRs which is only used on the lower "S" series models (eg. S950H) while MultEQ XT32 on the X3600H/X4500H is much more advanced and should produce much better results especially with more difficult rooms.

3. The successor to the X4500H won't be released until Sep/Oct while the 2019 X3600H will still be a significant improvement in audio quality as long as it meets your other feature/input/output requirements as noted in post 1. Note too that the INFO button will provide the same info provided on the two line display of the X4500H.
--
Thanks for that. Its good to know that staying in the X3000 line really stays with the same 'family' as my current one. I've really never had an issue with it.
It's good to know that info gives the same data, I suspected as much - but sometimes it's easy to get caught up on losing something you don't actually use
The X3600H hits all my points and then some so I think I'm going to go that way.

Thanks again!
Phillip
post #1458 of 1478 Old 01-16-2020, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Disney+ thru Apple TV 4K to X3600H question

I have a X3600H and am considering Disney+/Netflix 4K and an Apple TV 4K. My Sony VPL-HW40ES projector is HD SDR. Will the Apple TV 4K pass thru content to the Denon at 4K and will the Denon take care of the conversion to HD?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

V-IV
post #1459 of 1478 Old 01-16-2020, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex-IV View Post
I have a X3600H and am considering Disney+/Netflix 4K and an Apple TV 4K. My Sony VPL-HW40ES projector is HD SDR. Will the Apple TV 4K pass thru content to the Denon at 4K and will the Denon take care of the conversion to HD?

V-IV
Yes, in fact any model from 2015 onward can pass 4k/HDCP 2.2. The Apple TV 4k will already most likely be passing HD, otherwise, the Sony TV will handle the upscaling. Best to leave the "i/p Scaler" on the Denon set to OFF.
post #1460 of 1478 Old 01-16-2020, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

V-IV
Make sure you set the Apple TV 4K (under the Video settings in the device) to Match Range and Frame Rate ON. If you don't, the Apple TV 4k will convert everything to 60fps AND HDR. With the setting to ON, it will give you 24p playback where appropriate AND only give HDR if it senses a connection that can handle it. However, it does upscale everything to 4k regardless if it detects a 4k display in the chain. There does not appear to be any way to turn this off, except by hoping it will react accordingly if no 4k display is in the chain. I can test for this (I have an Apple TV 4k--I will plug into my small 1080p TV and see if it automatically recognizes the need to convert down to 1080p. I'll try to do it in the next day or two).
Madmax67 likes this.
post #1461 of 1478 Old 01-17-2020, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovation View Post
Make sure you set the Apple TV 4K (under the Video settings in the device) to Match Range and Frame Rate ON. If you don't, the Apple TV 4k will convert everything to 60fps AND HDR. With the setting to ON, it will give you 24p playback where appropriate AND only give HDR if it senses a connection that can handle it. However, it does upscale everything to 4k regardless if it detects a 4k display in the chain. There does not appear to be any way to turn this off, except by hoping it will react accordingly if no 4k display is in the chain. I can test for this (I have an Apple TV 4k--I will plug into my small 1080p TV and see if it automatically recognizes the need to convert down to 1080p. I'll try to do it in the next day or two).
Thank you, Ovation, that would be appreciated. My understanding is the receiver will report the resolution of the downstream device (in my case a 1080p projector) to the upstream sources plugged into the receiver (e.g. PC, UHD player, Apple TV, etc.). The upstream device will take care of any 4K - 1080 downscaling required. I am trying to determine if the Apple TV 4K will perform the downscale itself or does it request a 1080p source from the cloud. I am also curious if Netflix in 4K works in a similar manner or not. Not sure if you'll be able to determine where the 4K to 1080p scaling is happening with the APple TV 4K, but any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
post #1462 of 1478 Old 01-17-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:

Hey. I had the same problem. My tv turns on my avr. I turned off the tv audio switching in my avr settings. My pass through source is my cable box. Now, every time I turn my tv on, my avr defaults fo my cable box.

post #1463 of 1478 Old 01-18-2020, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is there a shortcut to change Output Mode to Bluetooth Only using the stock remote or a Harmony? I'd prefer not to have to turn on the TV and drill down through menus just to listen to music on BT headphones at night. TIA for any assistance. BTW I have the AVR-X1600H.
post #1464 of 1478 Old 01-18-2020, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked: 395
What's the best setting for Dolby Atmos? My 3600 went to 7.1, after selecting "Movie" on selector..couldn't get DA to be shown on receiver. Movie was 13 Hours, a great DA movie..

thanks in advance..

post #1465 of 1478 Old 01-18-2020, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheld View Post
Is there a shortcut to change Output Mode to Bluetooth Only using the stock remote or a Harmony? I'd prefer not to have to turn on the TV and drill down through menus just to listen to music on BT headphones at night. TIA for any assistance. BTW I have the AVR-X1600H.

Should be possible to program your remote to do that.

post #1466 of 1478 Old 01-18-2020, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 12
X3600 and 2.1 stereo?

I have the X3500, which is basically the same as the X3600. How does one setup the X3600 to achieve 2.1? When selecting Stereo as the music type, does it automatically recognize the subwoofer? I have ordered my subwoofer but have not received it.

Thanks...Alan
post #1467 of 1478 Old 01-18-2020, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
What's the best setting for Dolby Atmos? My 3600 went to 7.1, after selecting "Movie" on selector..couldn't get DA to be shown on receiver. Movie was 13 Hours, a great DA movie..

thanks in advance..
On some DA films you have to manually select the Atmos track during playback.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #1468 of 1478 Old 01-18-2020, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahender View Post
I have the X3500, which is basically the same as the X3600. How does one setup the X3600 to achieve 2.1? When selecting Stereo as the music type, does it automatically recognize the subwoofer? I have ordered my subwoofer but have not received it.

Thanks...Alan
Yes, the sub is recognized as long as the mains are set to Small and you aren't using one of the 2 Direct modes under the yellow button on the remote.

post #1469 of 1478 Old 01-18-2020, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Yes, the sub is recognized as long as the mains are set to Small and you aren't using one of the 2 Direct modes under the yellow button on the remote.
Excellent. Thank you!
post #1470 of 1478 Old 01-18-2020, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you, Ovation, that would be appreciated. My understanding is the receiver will report the resolution of the downstream device (in my case a 1080p projector) to the upstream sources plugged into the receiver (e.g. PC, UHD player, Apple TV, etc.). The upstream device will take care of any 4K - 1080 downscaling required. I am trying to determine if the Apple TV 4K will perform the downscale itself or does it request a 1080p source from the cloud. I am also curious if Netflix in 4K works in a similar manner or not. Not sure if you'll be able to determine where the 4K to 1080p scaling is happening with the APple TV 4K, but any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
I’m having trouble with my new Denon AVR, so I can’t report on whether the AVR will downconvert but the APPLE TV 4K plugged directly into my small Samsung 1080p TV works fine. It adjusts to the TV’s resolution and has no issues. Can’t imagine it would be any different going through the AVR (as long as the AVR has no other troubles).

Hope this helps.

PS—a friend of mine has a 4K Apple TV and runs it through his Marantz AVR to a 1080p plasma with no issues. Would presume the same would work in your case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
denon humax sibilance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page