"OFFICIAL" 2019 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-8) - Page 85 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 827Likes

post #2521 of 2758 Old 05-30-2020, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Having trouble with the ITunes to receiver (3600) setup. I get the message that says "the Airplay device "Home Theater" is not compatible with this version of ITunes"..
But when I check for the updates, it says this version is the current version 12.10.7. What am I doing wrong? thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2758 Old 05-30-2020, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfa973 View Post
Maybe your on to something, I would investigate more the sound settings of my PC audio interface - I had something similar to your symptoms when Kodi would insist on using DirectSound instead of WASAPI - the solution was to disable in the Device Manager the analog audio interface and leave only the HDMI digital output enabled.
Just updating; I reinstalled Kodi and so far the problem hasn't happened again.
Unsure if this is permanent fix or not but so far so good. Not sure why this should make any difference though.
dfa973 likes this.
post #2523 of 2758 Old 05-31-2020, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Hello Denon owners! I am looking for some info/advice. I recently upgraded my home theater speakers to 3x JBL 580 for L C R and two 530's for the rears, and man am I really enjoying them. But... my old-ish Sony STR DN840 has some shortcoming, namely it doesn't support 4k HDR so I have to plug my chromecast into my TV directly and pass audio back via ARC. With this, I get no TrueHD audio. Not the end of the world, but I would at least like to take full advantage of these speakers! Also, I am unsure of the DAC and AMP quality in this receiver. It seems pretty solid, but I hopefully correctly assume the AVR-X1600H would be superior; hopefully noticeably so.

Just looking for some thoughts or input on this. I believe for the best possible quality for streaming/chromecast content and compatibility I should also pick up an nvidia shield tv, so I have added that to my list as well. Any thoughts or insight would be fantastic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2524 of 2758 Old 05-31-2020, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1329 Post(s)
Liked: 1371
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfoxgt View Post
........ I hopefully correctly assume the AVR-X1600H would be superior; hopefully noticeably so.
The X1600H seems to be in the same class (today) with the 6 years old STR-DN840 - and probably, the Audyssey MultEQ XT that is built-in in the X1600H will be superior to Sony's DCAC - so you will be pleased by its performance. eARC and Atmos+DTS:X are bonuses.
post #2525 of 2758 Old 05-31-2020, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I recently purchased and hooked up a Denon x1600h and I’m having problems with HDR image quality with passthrough using a PS4 pro.

Starting with image quality, there’s a noticeable degradation in HDR quality when connecting the PS4 to my receiver and using passthrough, vs connecting the PS4 directly to the TV, a Samsung RU8000.

In both cases I get YUV422 output settings on the PS4, but the image is much noisier, blurrier and just a lower quality with passthrough. I’ve enabled enhanced mode on both receiver and TV, and have latest firmware and HDMI cables that transmit at least 18 gbps. I can’t seem to find a setting on my receiver that would allow me to bypass passthrough conversion, although it doesn’t seem the 1600h does conversion, but it’s definitely doing something to degrade the quality.

I can connect directly to the TV and get good quality, but then I have issues with audio defaulting to stereo when using ARC back to the receiver.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
post #2526 of 2758 Old 05-31-2020, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Basic question re: S750H ARC/eARC capability

Hi everyone,

I'm preplanning a home theater + ceiling music setup. At a prelim glance, it looks like the S750H may satisfy my needs.

I will need 2 zones for audio output. 1 zone will have 4 speaker outputs for a limited surround sound experience, the second zone is for music in another room. Obviously I can also send out stereo music to all 6 speakers simultaneously.

My main question is regarding the direction of HDMI hookups for proper AV passthrough.

My primary AV source will be an Nvidia Shield to output digital AV to my TV.

Can I connect the Nvidia Shield output HDMI directly to the Denon first to deliver the audio, with the receiver then passing through the video through an HDMI out?

Or, do I need to connect the Nvidia Shield AV output HDMI first to the TV, with the TV then sending the audio passthrough back to the receiver through another HDMI or optical out?

Or would both scenarios work equivalently?

Server: SageTV 9.2.2 on Windows 7 x64 Pro, Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4gb RAM, OpenDCT
Display: Fanless GT 1030 to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Audio: Logitech Z-5500 via Audigy 2
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime, HDHR for OTA, Comcast
post #2527 of 2758 Old 05-31-2020, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 63
S750H ARC port to TV's ARC port. Then just connect the Shield to one of the S750H's HDMI inputs.
Waylo likes this.
post #2528 of 2758 Old 05-31-2020, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Any heating issues?

Thanks for the reply. My next question involves heat for the S750H. I intend to keep the receiver in a closed cabinet, but there will probably be quite a bit of space surrounding the receiver. Should there be any concerns about heat generation and overheating?

Server: SageTV 9.2.2 on Windows 7 x64 Pro, Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4gb RAM, OpenDCT
Display: Fanless GT 1030 to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Audio: Logitech Z-5500 via Audigy 2
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime, HDHR for OTA, Comcast
post #2529 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 849 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24524 Post(s)
Liked: 13764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylo View Post
Thanks for the reply. My next question involves heat for the S750H. I intend to keep the receiver in a closed cabinet, but there will probably be quite a bit of space surrounding the receiver. Should there be any concerns about heat generation and overheating?
Not likely no.
post #2530 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 02:47 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Hi again.
After a couple of days enjoying my AVR-X3600H and having the cance to explore it a bit, I have a couple of questions more for the experts

I've already posted before regarding Audissey calibration and the fact the center channel getting set too low. After that, I've adjusted it to +3 dB and things got sorted out. Yet, I've been noticing that using Netflix, there are some issues.
My setup, aside the Denon X3600H, consists on a 5.1 speaker setup and a LG OLED65C9 (connected to the Denon via ARC).

1. On titles with Dolby Atmos sound available, although my speaker setup does not allow it, the Denon outputs Dolby Atmos sound. While on movies the sound seems fine, I decided to try a concert. Well, in Portugal, the only concert available is a Taylor Swift one, so just tried it. Noticed tthe voice to be muffled and too low, and after some checking, center speaker is not working t all, and the voice gets through the front speakers which is jut odd. When changing sound to Original on Netflix, center speer continues not working.Would this be just related to this title, or might it be due to the fact Denon is outputing Dolby Atmos while i only have a 5.1 speaker system? Not worried at all with this particular title, just trying to get sure my Denon is properly configured.

2. This is again related to Audissey Auto Cabilbration:
Although sound is good after adjusting center speaker level, I wonde if these speaker levels look ok to you.
I am ataching speaker distances and speaker levels screenshots after Audissey calibration in order to get some expert opinion.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200601_104325.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	816.4 KB
ID:	2735564   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200601_104310.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	2735566  
post #2531 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarinheira View Post
Hi again.
After a couple of days enjoying my AVR-X3600H and having the cance to explore it a bit, I have a couple of questions more for the experts

I've already posted before regarding Audissey calibration and the fact the center channel getting set too low. After that, I've adjusted it to +3 dB and things got sorted out. Yet, I've been noticing that using Netflix, there are some issues.
My setup, aside the Denon X3600H, consists on a 5.1 speaker setup and a LG OLED65C9 (connected to the Denon via ARC).

1. On titles with Dolby Atmos sound available, although my speaker setup does not allow it, the Denon outputs Dolby Atmos sound. While on movies the sound seems fine, I decided to try a concert. Well, in Portugal, the only concert available is a Taylor Swift one, so just tried it. Noticed tthe voice to be muffled and too low, and after some checking, center speaker is not working t all, and the voice gets through the front speakers which is jut odd. When changing sound to Original on Netflix, center speer continues not working.Would this be just related to this title, or might it be due to the fact Denon is outputing Dolby Atmos while i only have a 5.1 speaker system? Not worried at all with this particular title, just trying to get sure my Denon is properly configured.

2. This is again related to Audissey Auto Cabilbration:
Although sound is good after adjusting center speaker level, I wonde if these speaker levels look ok to you.
I am ataching speaker distances and speaker levels screenshots after Audissey calibration in order to get some expert opinion.

Thanks
1. On a 5.1 setup, the Denon is not outputting Dolby Atmos, rather instead the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer defaults to ON. Also, some 2.0 audio is broadcast over a 5.1 signal and in that case, there is no signal passed to the center speaker. This is quite common with some TV stations.
2. Readings seem fine except the Sub which has its gain set to high. Lower the gain knob on the sub to between 7-9 o'clock and run Audyssey again.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 06-01-2020 at 05:29 AM.
post #2532 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
1. On a 5.1 setup, the Denon is not outputting Dolby Atmos, rather instead the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer defaults to ON. Also, some 2.0 audio is broadcast over a 5.1 signal and in that case, there is no signal passed to the center speaker. This is quite common with some TV stations.
2. Readings seem fine except the Sub 2 which has its gain set to high. Lower the gain knob on the sub to between 7-9 o'clock and run Audyssey again.
1. This issue with the center speaker not outputing audio, it was not on a TV broadcast, rather a Netflix title advertised as being Dolby Atmos. That's why I found it strange. Regarding Atmos height virtualizer, is it a good mode to enjoy Dolby Atmos content on a 5.1 setup?

2. Regarding subwoofer gain, I have some doubts. I have a Bose Acoustimass 10 Series III system, so, the subwoofer is not the conventional active subwoofer. It has 2 knobs LFE and Bass. First one controls the LFE sound leve, second one Bass amount. Both the knobs range from 7 o,clock to5 o'clock position, being the neutral point at the 12 0,clock position. With my previous AV receiver, most of the adjustments were done using those 2 knobs. Know, how should I do to calibrate the system properly? Having the subwoofer at the proper gain level, what should be the subwoofer level after Audissey calibration?

Last edited by rmarinheira; 06-01-2020 at 04:47 AM.
post #2533 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 48
x3600h Eco icon: disable?
Any means to not display the Eco icon every time the volume is changed?

Is the volume slider display editable to show or not?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
post #2534 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm86 View Post
x3600h Eco icon: disable?
Any means to not display the Eco icon every time the volume is changed?

Is the volume slider display editable to show or not?

Thank you

ECO ---> GENERAL - ECO - ON SCREEN DISPLAY - OFF (p. 234 Owner's manual)

Volume --> VIDEO - ON SCREEN DISPLAY - VOLUME - OFF (p. 189 Owner's manual)
post #2535 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
1. This issue with the center speaker not outputing audio, it was not on a TV broadcast, rather a Netflix title advertised as being Dolby Atmos. That's why I found it strange. Regarding Atmos height virtualizer, is it a good mode to enjoy Dolby Atmos content on a 5.1 setup?

2. Regarding subwoofer gain, I have some doubts. I have a Bose Acoustimass 10 Series III system, so, the subwoofer is not the conventional active subwoofer. It has 2 knobs LFE and Bass. First one controls the LFE sound leve, second one Bass amount. Both the knobs range from 7 o,clock to5 o'clock position, being the neutral point at the 12 0,clock position. With my previous AV receiver, most of the adjustments were done using those 2 knobs. Know, how should I do to calibrate the system properly? Having the subwoofer at the proper gain level, what should be the subwoofer level after Audissey calibration?
1. Each source audio can be different regarding volume level. Whether you prefer to use the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer or not is personal preference. The Height Virtualizer is active on all source signals, Dolby Atmos, DD, DTS, or stereo. The setting factory defaults to ON; however, you can set it to OFF if you prefer.
2. Anything other than -12dB, even if the setting has to be all the way down to 7 o'clock for that to occur.
post #2536 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
1. Each source audio can be different regarding volume level. Whether you prefer to use the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer or not is personal preference. The Height Virtualizer is active on all source signals, Dolby Atmos, DD, DTS, or stereo. The setting factory defaults to ON; however, you can set it to OFF if you prefer.
2. Anything other than -12dB, even if the setting has to be all the way down to 7 o'clock for that to occur.
Yes, subwoofer is connected to the port labelled subwoofer 1, is that it?
Yet regarding subwoofer gain level, I recall that during Audyssey calibration I am requested to lower subwoofer level below a given level (the system detects it realtime).
As I am trully a noob here, how should I do?
Should I lower the woofer below that level requested, and after the calbration leave the woofer that way, with low gain level?
When you say the subwoofer level shuld be anything but -12dB, you mean it should be higher? Which range is usually normal?
post #2537 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes, subwoofer is connected to the port labelled subwoofer 1, is that it?
Yet regarding subwoofer gain level, I recall that during Audyssey calibration I am requested to lower subwoofer level below a given level (the system detects it realtime).
As I am trully a noob here, how should I do?
Should I lower the woofer below that level requested, and after the calbration leave the woofer that way, with low gain level?
When you say the subwoofer level shuld be anything but -12dB, you mean it should be higher? Which range is usually normal?
1. Yes, sub connected to sub pre-out 1.
2. The sub level setting ranges from a low of -12dB to a high of +12dB. If after running Audyssey, the sub is set to -12dB, you don't know whether it actually would be set even lower if the setting went beyond -12dB, therefore, when the Audyssey setup is completed, you want the sub level to be higher than -12dB (ie. -11db to -5dB) If you find the bass to be too low at this setting (as many do) simply increase the Subwoofer Level Adjust setting a few dB to suit your preference (eg. if after running Audyssey it is set to -6dB, then raise it about +3dB so final setting is now -3dB). Again, adjust to suit your personal preference.
post #2538 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
1. Yes, sub connected to sub pre-out 1.
2. The sub level setting ranges from a low of -12dB to a high of +12dB. If after running Audyssey, the sub is set to -12dB, you don't know whether it actually would be set even lower if the setting went beyond -12dB, therefore, when the Audyssey setup is completed, you want the sub level to be higher than -12dB (ie. -11db to -5dB) If you find the bass to be too low at this setting (as many do) simply increase the Subwoofer Level Adjust setting a few dB to suit your preference (eg. if after running Audyssey it is set to -6dB, then raise it about +3dB so final setting is now -3dB). Again, adjust to suit your personal preference.
I think it is good now
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AAAA.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	736.5 KB
ID:	2735662  
post #2539 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfa973 View Post
Yes, the delay is set up dependant, and every source will have different Lip-Sync delay and even the same source will generate different Lip-Sync delay if that source switches between different types of video (SDR, HDR, resolutions, interlaced or progressive, etc.) and different audio soundtracks (PCM, MPEG Audio, 5.1 Dolby Digital, DD+, DTS, lossless, etc.). It's a mess.
Thanks for the info! I finally found a setting I'm pretty happy with, so I'll just leave it as-is and try to forget about it.

One other question:

On my old receiver, when i would turn off a source device, the receiver would no longer output a signal to the TV, and the TV would display the "no signal" screen and eventually turn off after 5 minutes or so.

Apparently using this receiver (S750H), when I turn off a device, the receiver sends a black screen to the TV. Last night, this resulted in me not noticing that the TV was still on, and it being on (albeit displaying a black screen) all night.

So, my two questions are:

1) Is it harmful for an OLED to display a black screen all night? The pixels can be turned off individually, so if it's showing a black screen all night, is that functionally the same as the TV being off?

2) Is there some setting in the receiver to change it's behavior from "display a black screen" to "do not send any signal" when the HDMI source device is turned off?
post #2540 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSenileGuy View Post
Thanks for the info! I finally found a setting I'm pretty happy with, so I'll just leave it as-is and try to forget about it.

One other question:

On my old receiver, when i would turn off a source device, the receiver would no longer output a signal to the TV, and the TV would display the "no signal" screen and eventually turn off after 5 minutes or so.

Apparently using this receiver (S750H), when I turn off a device, the receiver sends a black screen to the TV. Last night, this resulted in me not noticing that the TV was still on, and it being on (albeit displaying a black screen) all night.

So, my two questions are:

1) Is it harmful for an OLED to display a black screen all night? The pixels can be turned off individually, so if it's showing a black screen all night, is that functionally the same as the TV being off?

2) Is there some setting in the receiver to change it's behavior from "display a black screen" to "do not send any signal" when the HDMI source device is turned off?
2. <Auto Standby> p. 195 Owner's manual.
post #2541 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
X3600H Supply Issues?

Hi,

My 10 year old Denon 989 is dying, so I'm shopping for a new AVR, most likely the X3600H. I'm noticing that it is out of stock at quite a few places in Canada (including Amazon, Crutchfield, and Best Buy).

I know that officially the X3700H isn't expected until 2021, but I'm wondering if this lack of availability might be a clue that Denon will shortly surprise us with an X3700H announcement? Or perhaps this is just a COVID supply chain issue?

Anyone care to speculate?

Last edited by ings; 06-01-2020 at 10:55 AM.
post #2542 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 456
X3700h

Quote:
Originally Posted by ings View Post
Hi,

My 10 year old Denon 989 is dying, so I'm shopping for a new AVR, most likely the X3600H. I'm noticing that it is out of stock at quite a few places in Canada (including Amazon, Crutchfield, and Best Buy).

I know that officially the X3700H isn't expected until 2021, but I'm wondering if this lack of availability might be a clue that Denon will shortly surprise us with an X3700H announcement? Or perhaps this is just a COIVID supply chain issue?

2020 Denon AVRs - x700H = 6700, 4700, 3700, 2700

2020 May 28 - AVS Forum
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post59719080
An official unveil should be right around the corner. Maybe later today or tomorrow?
Product Pages for the X6700H and X3700H are already online (at least in Germany):

https://www.denon.com/de-de/shop/avreceiver/avcx6700h
https://www.denon.com/de-de/shop/avreceiver/avcx3700h

At the moment these pages are empty. But the pages do exist. Until a few hours ago, you were redirected to denon.com when using these URLs.

///

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post59720680

https://www.denon.com/de-de/shop/avreceiver/avcx6700h
https://www.denon.com/de-de/shop/avreceiver/avcx4700h
https://www.denon.com/de-de/shop/avreceiver/avcx3700h
https://www.denon.com/de-de/shop/avreceiver/AVRX2700H
https://www.denon.com/de-de/shop/avr...r/AVRX2700HDAB
Matt2026, mrtickleuk and joe8842 like this.

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (051820 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
HT Details: link
post #2543 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 6203 Post(s)
Liked: 9026
Great detective work
I will guess that there will be a X1700H, too.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #2544 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 29
New Denon AVCX3700H

Images are up for the X3700H though you have to manually input the image url and adjust the height and width to get the full size:

https://www.denon.com/product/AVCX3700H

Code:
https://www.denon.com/-/media/Images/ProductImages/DenonEU/Products/AVC-X3700H/Denon_AVC_X3700H_Gallery_IMG_02.jpg?h=925&w=970&hash=85CD10E33EF916D6766CD82ACCE7206A
https://www.denon.com/-/media/Images...6CD82ACCE7206A

https://www.denon.com/-/media/Images...B4345BC258DFAF

etc.
Matt2026 likes this.
post #2545 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
ECO ---> GENERAL - ECO - ON SCREEN DISPLAY - OFF (p. 234 Owner's manual)

Volume --> VIDEO - ON SCREEN DISPLAY - VOLUME - OFF (p. 189 Owner's manual)
Thank you

post #2546 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ings View Post
Hi,

I know that officially the X3700H isn't expected until 2021, but I'm wondering if this lack of availability might be a clue that Denon will shortly surprise us with an X3700H announcement? Or perhaps this is just a COIVID supply chain issue?

Someone slipped and posted the X3700H info on the Denon USA Facebook page which was taken down within hours of going up; however, as the links provided above from Denon Germany show, there will be a Denon X3700H released we just don't know when or pricing until Sound United makes a formal announcement hopefully in the next week or so.
post #2547 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 10:57 AM
I'm That Guy, don't be me

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbook View Post
Images are up for the X3700H though you have to manually input the image url and adjust the height and width to get the full size:

https://www.denon.com/product/AVCX3700H

Code:
https://www.denon.com/-/media/Images/ProductImages/DenonEU/Products/AVC-X3700H/Denon_AVC_X3700H_Gallery_IMG_02.jpg?h=925&w=970&hash=85CD10E33EF916D6766CD82ACCE7206A
https://www.denon.com/-/media/Images...6CD82ACCE7206A

https://www.denon.com/-/media/Images...B4345BC258DFAF

etc.
Those pics are the European AVC (Audio Video Controller) version. The American AVR (AV Receiver) version should be very similar, but most likely with ports added for AM/FM antennas. Hopefully we will get the official press release soon and get the full details.

These are the leaked partial specs from last week for the 3700:

Quote:
Upgrade to high-powered entertainment with the Denon AVC-X3700H 9.2 channel 8K Ultra HD AV amplifier. Advanced HDMI section (7 in/3 out) with a dedicated 8K input that will support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video pass-through and upscaling. Supports all 3D audio formats, including Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X™, DTS Virtual:X®, and IIMAX. eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports 3D audio formats directly from smart TV apps to the AV amplifier. HEOS Built-in wireless music streaming (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) supports Spotify®, Amazon Music HD, Tidal, Deezer and more. Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri for seamless voice control. Includes remote monitoring support for custom integrators.
1 8k HDMI In port
2 8k HDMI Out ports
Synomenon likes this.

LG 65" C9; Denon AVR-S750H
5.1.2: Emotiva Airmotiv C2, T-Zero (x2), E1 (x4); HSU VTF-2
post #2548 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAYB View Post
Yep to the use of the Quick Selects. But if you use a Harmony remote, I use a 665, you can teach a Quick Select setting to a number button on the keypad also. Set up four QS settings on the Denon remote and teach them to #1 ,2,3,4 on the Harmony. Start over with the original and teach them to #'s 5,6,7.8 and so on. Really limitless this way.

Can you elaborate how you teach the QS settings to the Harmony? I'm looking to do the exact same thing as you described, but I'm a Harmony noob.
MRAYB likes this.
post #2549 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe8842 View Post
Can you elaborate how you teach the QS settings to the Harmony? I'm looking to do the exact same thing as you described, but I'm a Harmony noob.
You should use the My Harmony..https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/download... software on a PC with the usb cable as opposed to trying to do this type of thing with a phone or tablet app.

1) save your 4 QuickSelect settings on the factory Denon remote as normal. Keep track (jot down on paper) of which is which if doing a bunch.

2) In the MyHarmony software.....Remote Buttons>>>>Device (Denon)>>>>>Go
3) Next screen....Add or Fix a Command
4) Next screen...."Do you want to"....Add a Command>>>>Here I named it QS#5
5) Next screen...Will teach the Harmony your QS setting (from Denon remote) to the button that you choose. You have to line the two remotes up to communicate together. Really very easy. Save 4 QS's on the Denon. Teach them, one at a time to the number key on the Harmony #1-4 . Once those are saved, save 4 new ones on the Denon. Then teach them to #5-8 on the Harmony. You are just "moving" the QS setting from the Denon remote to the number button on the Harmony keypad. Takes a little practice and time. Once you get the hang of it, piece of cake.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	777.PNG
Views:	50
Size:	349.0 KB
ID:	2735848   Click image for larger version

Name:	778.PNG
Views:	45
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	2735850   Click image for larger version

Name:	888.PNG
Views:	42
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	2735852   Click image for larger version

Name:	889.PNG
Views:	39
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	2735854   Click image for larger version

Name:	890.PNG
Views:	41
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	2735856  

Madmax67 and joe8842 like this.
post #2550 of 2758 Old 06-01-2020, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAYB View Post
You should use the My Harmony..hxxps://support.myharmony.com/en-us/download... software on a PC with the usb cable as opposed to trying to do this type of thing with a phone or tablet app...

Thank you! You also pointed me to a different problem I'm having, Logitech's Mac software is currently lacking some functionality because they were forced to quickly put out a 64-bit version for the OS update... and it doesn't have some of the functions you show on your screen.

...now to find my old Windows laptop to get the full Harmony software!
MRAYB likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
avrs750h , Denon , denon humax sibilance , denon zone 2 logitech harmony avr x2600h , edid , Kef , q150 , x1600h , x2600h

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page