This thread covers the 2019 Denon AVRs: S650H/S750H/S950H/X1600H/X2600H/X3600H
Sound United (parent company of Denon and Marantz) has started to release information on the new 2019 Denon models starting with the three of the four new "S" series models. The lower "X" series will be announced next with the 2018 S540BT/X4500H/X6500H continuing thru 2019 (and will therefore continue to be discussed in the 2018 Denon AVR Owner's thread) and not being replaced until 2020.
What's new or to be added via firmware update for the 2019 models?
- Note that all the 2019 models are still HDMI 2.0b
- HDCP 2.3
- all HDMI ports
- on board (as opposed to the 2017 X3400H/X4400H/X6400H and 2018 X3500H/X4500H/X6500H/X8500H models previously receiving it via a firmware update)(Note an HDMI w/Ethernet cable
must be used between the AVR and eARC capable TV)
- USB thumb drive requirements - NTFS added
- Airplay - ON/OFF setting
- OvrC smart remote management
- HDMI Input Mode setting connected to the HDMI Input Assign menu
- HDMI Multiple Input Assign (allow to assign multiple audio sources to the same video source)
- ALL ZONE STEREO - ON/OFF added to Quick Select button
- Able to downmix a multi CH audio source selected in the main zone to 2CH PCM in Zone 2 by pressing the [Zone 2 Source] button on the front panel and selecting "Source" instead of the actual source name (X3600H only)
- Added via future firmware update:
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer
(S750H and higher; only available when sound mode selected includes "+ Dolby Surround" and Surround Parameter - Virtualizer = ON; works with both DD and DTS source audio tracks; Audyssey is not disabled when enabled) - firmware updated 8/20/2019
- Bluetooth transmit
to single pair of headphones/hearing aids - firmware updated 12/5/2019 [setup instructions: https://denon.custhelp.com/app/answe...th-headphones]
- Automatic HDMI Input rename (when input available from source player)
- Spotify Connect can now be used with a FREE Spotify account (in addition to Premium account) - firmware updated 8/20/2019
What was dropped from the 2018 models?
- No longer able to apply DTS Neural:X on DD audio but still able to use Dolby Surround on DTS audio
- Surround parameter <Center Spread> (formerly available with Dolby Surround upmixer but dropped per new Dolby spec)
- All "S" series models have a 2 year warranty if purchased new/open-box from an authorized dealer
- All "X" series models have a 3 year warranty if purchased new/open-box from an authorized dealer
- All refurbished models have a 1 year warranty if purchased from an authorized refurb dealer
1. Although all models feature two subwoofer pre-outs, only the X3600H features independent subwoofer volume control of each subwoofer.
Denon model web page info and Owner manual links :
- MSRP $399, 5.2 CH, 75W, HDMI In/Out (5/1) - avail April
Upgrading from the S550BT provides all HDMI inputs as 4k/HDCP 2.3 capable, and the lowest model to feature Audyssey MultEQ (6 mic positions), networking, DSD via USB/network source, speaker posts, 32 bit DAC, and an on board Denon HEOS module (allows streaming of HEOS app music services to the AVR as well as streaming PCM 2.0 source from the AVR to HEOS wireless speakers set up around the home). Firmware updates are installed via a network connection or USB. There are no Zone 2 pre-outs. No noticeable difference in power; however, this is the lowest model with Audyssey so audio quality should be improved after running Audyssey. PHONO input. Dolby Vision + HLG + ALLM. Able to display volume and INFO menu on all 4k video (including Dolby Vision) with Setup screen taking up whole display on black background.
- MSRP $499, 7.2 CH, 75W, HDMI In/Out (6/1) - avail April
Upgrading from the S650H adds a front HDMI input and two more audio channels for a 7CH model, Atmos/DTS:X 5.2.2. It features 5.1 + Zone 2 capability using the Surround Back speaker posts for Zone 2. There are no Zone 2 pre-outs. No noticeable difference in power. DTS Virtual:X (simulates height audio when using a 5.1 configuration but Audyssey is disabled). Dolby Height Virtualizer. Able to use the MultEQ Editor app (iOS/Android; $20). 32 bit AK4458VN DAC (as well as on all higher level models up to the X6500H). This is the lowest model that can use the Audyssey MultEQ Editor iOS/Android app ($20).
- MSRP $599, 7.2CH, 90W, HDMI In/Out (8/2, main/main outputs) - avail April
Upgrading from the S750H adds 2 more HDMI inputs, 1 more main zone monitor output (eg. when using a TV and PJ), 2 component video inputs / 1 output, 4k/30Hz upscaling, on board. No noticeable difference in either power or audio quality.
- MSRP $599, 7.2CH, 80W, HDMI In/Out (6/1) - avail June
This model has the same features as the S750H but adds: improved audio quality using the higher version Audyssey MultEQ XT (8 mic positions), Zone 2 pre-outs, Crestron/Control 4 interface, and also as the lowest "X" series model adds 1 more year of warranty (total 3 years). Includes “ihiji Invision” and Domotz Pro remote system management technology
- MSRP $799, 7.2CH, 95W, HDMI In/Out (8/2, main/main outputs) - avail June
This model has the same features as the S940H but adds: improved audio quality using the higher Audyssey MultEQ XT, Zone 2 pre-outs, RS-232, Crestron/Control 4 interface, ISF (Day/Night) calibration settings (to be set by an ISF calibrator) and 1 more year of warranty (total 3 years).
- MSRP $1099, 9.2CH (expandable to 11CH [7.2.4] w/2CH amp), 105W, HDMI In/Out (8/3, main/main/Zone 2 outputs) - avail July
Upgrading from the X2600H adds: Zone 2 custom settings (bass, treble, HPF, stereo/mono), 12v trigger (1), DSD over HDMI, Zone 2 HDMI Monitor output, HDMI/digital PCM 2.0 audio to Zone 2 speaker posts/pre-outs/HEOS speakers, analog --> HDMI conversion, 4k/60Hz upscaling, and the lowest model with at least 7.2 main zone pre-outs. No noticeable difference in power, but much better audio quality using the much more advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32 and Sub EQ HT (when using 2 subs; independent sub level/delay). The Audyssey Low Frequency Containment (LFC) feature which helps to reduce the impact of lower frequency waves passing through walls (great when watching at night with others asleep nearby or if living in an apartment with thin walls). Also features IMAX enhanced DTS:X.
Welcome to the Official 2019 Denon AVR-S/X models thread (S650H/S750H/S950H/X1600H/X2600H/X3600H)
If this is your first visit to this thread, and you want to ask a question about one of the 2019 Denon AVR models, either one that you own or one that you are thinking of buying, please provide the following information to allow for better responses to your questions:
(a) Identify the model number in question (eg. X2600H), as there are 6 different models (S and X series) discussed in this thread. Also if you have not posted in several days since your initial post, please post the model # again so we don't have to back track to learn which model you are referencing.
(b) Identify what you've done so far to troubleshoot the issue and what the front panel is displaying if an audio issue, (also take a few minutes to review the Troubleshooting section provided in post 3 as your question may already be answered there,
(c) Unless you indicate what settings have been changed, the assumption will be that all settings are on the factory defaults (ie. usually "Auto"),
(d) If the advice given seems to simplistic or obvious, don't shoot the advice giver as we have no idea of the level of your technical understanding,
(e) If there is no response to your post, it either means no one knows the answer or it has simply been overlooked so please repost if you still haven't resolved your issue,
(f) If you post a question in this thread and are given advice and either it or some other advice (eg. Denon phone support, Denon "Ask a Question" email support) resolves your issue, have the common courtesy to post back what solution resolved your issue so others can learn from it as well,
(g) If the issue is not user error or not just a misunderstanding on how the AVR works, please call Denon support so the issue is registered,
(h) When responding to another post that is providing assistance to you, please press the "Quote" button in the lower right corner of that other poster's response so that response is also listed with your new post to provide some context, and,
(i) If you don't live in either the USA or Canada, please either indicate your country location in your profile or your post as some Denon models from other regions in the world differ in configuration from their USA/Canada counterparts otherwise responses made in this thread are in regards to the USA/Canada models only.