Hello - I've got a new set of Elac in-wall speakers, and am looking for a HT receiver recommendation, in a reasonable price range, but looking for good quality/reliability as a top priority.
Here's my speaker setup:
L/R: Elac Debut IW-D61-W
C: Elac Debut IW-DC51-W
SL/SR: Elac Debut IC-DT61-W
...likely doesn't matter for this question, but "as big as I can fit" is my motto.
These all run at 6 ohms, which I've never dealt with...and want to make sure the receiver I use is up to the task. Power recommendations from Elac are "30-120" watts RMS.
The setup is in my basement where the space and layout are a bit compromised, hence the in-wall speakers. Soundstage is rather wide, but I'll be sitting around 10 feet from the screen.
1. Some sort of mic calibration due to the goofy shape/layout of the room
2. While I'll initially be running 5.1, looking for a 7.x receiver for flexibility if I decide to add Atmos in the future
3. HDMI Video output with some sort of upscaling that hopefully works well
4. Ideally in the $500 or less pricepoint, unless there's a compelling reason to spend more
My current receiver considerations are:
1. Marantz NR1608 (50w RMS)
2. Yamaha TSR-7850 (~95w RMS)
Thank you in advance for any direction or suggestions!