Need help, 2 zones 1 receiver - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-19-2019, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Need help, 2 zones 1 receiver

Hello,

I currently own a Denon avr-s510bt which supports up to 5.1, and its set up sort of in a wrong way... I have 2 speakers working as surround, in the back of my living room + subwoofer in the front, next to the TV. Then, I have a terrace, in which are located 2 more speakers. So, in total, 4 speakers, 2 in the living room and 2 in the terrace area. I never use them playing 2 different things at the same time, mainly the terrace ones I use for music when having parties and the interior ones, I use them for movies. The problem is: I want to properly setup a 5.1 in the living room, while, ideally, adding one more speaker to the external area, that in total would be 8 speakers, 5.1 in the living room and 3 (ideally) in the terrace area. However, I think my receiver does not have enough ports for so many speakers. Should I buy another receiver or is there a cheaper way? If yes, what type?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-19-2019, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 689 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21834 Post(s)
Liked: 11831
The S510BT is a 5CH model that can support a maximum of 5 speakers in the main zone with no Zone 2 capability. Most 7CH models can support a 5.1 + Zone 2 configuration noting that Zone 2 only consists of 2 CH not 3CH. Your best bet is to purchase a second AVR for the terrace. 2018 models are going on clearance now that the 2019 models are starting to be released.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-19-2019, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Doesn't have to be expensive. Just keep the current Denon inside and get a used receiver for the terrace. Ebay/Craigslist is full of receivers that would do what you want for $100+/-. Have one in my garage I think I paid $60 for a couple years ago. Works/sounds fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-20-2019, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks guys, Ill just buy a cheaper receiver then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
2 zones , 5.1 , music , receiver , speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page