Dedicated ARC Genesis thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 147Likes

post #181 of 485 Old 06-17-2019, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2550 Post(s)
Liked: 2386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
Then why does ARC try to re-run sweeps when you set up a profile that differs on the front end? If you set up a 11.1, a 5.1, and a 2.1 profile, Genesis will run separate sweeps for all three I believe.

The calibrations its sets are likely different depending on what the speaker profile is asking specific speakers to do?
Pretty sure Bluecow is correct. I can't say what steps you took where you were asked to do separate sweeps for each profile, but the only reason you would want to do separate sweeps would be for changes in the room; screen up/down, drapes open/closed, that sort of stuff.

Once you have a solid set of measurements, you can apply that to any of the 4 profiles.

#JB17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 485 Old 06-17-2019, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Pretty sure Bluecow is correct. I can't say what steps you took where you were asked to do separate sweeps for each profile, but the only reason you would want to do separate sweeps would be for changes in the room; screen up/down, drapes open/closed, that sort of stuff.

Once you have a solid set of measurements, you can apply that to any of the 4 profiles.
I think you're all correct for the most part. You SHOULD be able to just allocate a 2.0 or 2.1 out of the one set of sweeps that included all of your channels.

However, I'm not sure if this was just a one-off incident, but last time I ran Genesis, I ran sweeps for my 5.4.3 setup and then a L/R/Sub set of sweeps using the same 5 mic positions. For whatever reason, Genesis calculated room gain of 3.5 for my Atmos profile, and 6.0 for my 2.1 profile with just L/R/Subs. I found this very odd and it makes we wonder why Genesis wanted to add almost twice as much room gain to a 2.1 profile. Just some food for thought.
BGLeduc likes this.

JVC DLA-X790R, Seymour AV Centerstage UF 2.40:1 tensioned electric screen w/ motorized masking, Anthem AVM 60, Jim Holtz Statements L/C/R, SVS SB-16 Ultra (X2), Oppo UDP-203, Parasound Halo A-21, Parasound Halo A-51, Bluesound Node 2i, miniDSP 2X4 HD, NVIDIA Shield 2015, QNAP 453Pro
post #183 of 485 Old 06-17-2019, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittermidget View Post
I think you're all correct for the most part. You SHOULD be able to just allocate a 2.0 or 2.1 out of the one set of sweeps that included all of your channels.

However, I'm not sure if this was just a one-off incident, but last time I ran Genesis, I ran sweeps for my 5.4.3 setup and then a L/R/Sub set of sweeps using the same 5 mic positions. For whatever reason, Genesis calculated room gain of 3.5 for my Atmos profile, and 6.0 for my 2.1 profile with just L/R/Subs. I found this very odd and it makes we wonder why Genesis wanted to add almost twice as much room gain to a 2.1 profile. Just some food for thought.
I would think that it is virtually impossible to run multiple sweeps with the mic in the exact same location each time, but in your case, that seems like a huge difference in the RG. I would not expect small changes in mic location would cause a difference of that magnitude.

#JB17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 485 Old 06-17-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
I would think that it is virtually impossible to run multiple sweeps with the mic in the exact same location each time, but in your case, that seems like a huge difference in the RG. I would not expect small changes in mic location would cause a difference of that magnitude.
Exactly!

JVC DLA-X790R, Seymour AV Centerstage UF 2.40:1 tensioned electric screen w/ motorized masking, Anthem AVM 60, Jim Holtz Statements L/C/R, SVS SB-16 Ultra (X2), Oppo UDP-203, Parasound Halo A-21, Parasound Halo A-51, Bluesound Node 2i, miniDSP 2X4 HD, NVIDIA Shield 2015, QNAP 453Pro
post #185 of 485 Old 06-17-2019, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

I saw similar "odd" behavior when I ran some sweeps yesterday.

Run 1 is mic at about 35" high, Run 2 is approximately same mic height but increased volume on subwoofer on the sub's amp, Run 3 is splitting the difference on sub amp volume but mic a 3-4 inches higher.

What was also interesting is that prior to run 1, I used quick measure and fronts were around 69 db; prior to run 3, fronts were closer to 80 db as I recall. Likely explains negative trims. I haven't measured the test tone with an SPL but will try this in the next day or so although it will only be with an iPhone SPL app.

I've currently got run 3 loaded. Sounds fine but obviously have to increase master volume to get same volume as earlier run from a few weeks ago (similar to run 1).

Comments welcome.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2019-06-19 genesis run 3.pdf (287.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf 2019-06-19 genesis run 2.pdf (286.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: pdf 2019-06-19 genesis run 1.pdf (287.4 KB, 6 views)
post #186 of 485 Old 06-17-2019, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Just a quick follow up on the earlier discussion about enhancing the low end.

As I mentioned in a previous post, Anthem had said that I COULD engage the "deep bass boost", but their recommendation was to use the "room gain" setting, just as with ARC2. Others on here said they preferred the deep bass boost over dialing up the room gain.

I created four profiles in ARC Genesis: 1) ARC baseline calibration, 2) ARC with bass boost added, 3) ARC with room gain engaged, and 4) ARC with bass boost + room gain.

I'd have to pull the file to see where I set each of them, but it was like 30% of the slider for bass boost, and for the room gain, I clicked it up +3db.

I've spent the past week or so listening to various scenes in each profile setting, and surprisingly, I prefer the deep bass boost by itself. I was already getting surprisingly robust bass for a small room with the baseline ARC, but clicking this dial up a bit was exactly what I was after. My PSA subs are pretty potent down low, and I didn't feel like ARC2 was really taking advantage of that. But now, with the deep enhancement, I'm very happy.

About ten years ago, I first watched Cloverfield in the theater room I had at the time. I re-watched it this past weekend, and I can say without hesitation that this film still remains the BEST home theater experience I've ever had. Im getting better bass impact in a 13x17 room that I expected to get, and I owe that to ARC. Even with manual (SPL level) calibration and about 20 room treatment panels from GIK, the low end was nowhere near what it is now after Genesis.

I'm sure the other room correction offerings on the market are solid, but I just would not want to be w/out ARC if I can help it. Great software.
Bluecow003 and gbreda like this.
post #187 of 485 Old 06-18-2019, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter
WLC

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Deep Bass Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post

As I mentioned in a previous post, Anthem had said that I COULD engage the "deep bass boost", but their recommendation was to use the "room gain" setting, just as with ARC2. Others on here said they preferred the deep bass boost over dialing up the room gain.

I created four profiles in ARC Genesis: 1) ARC baseline calibration, 2) ARC with bass boost added, 3) ARC with room gain engaged, and 4) ARC with bass boost + room gain.

I'd have to pull the file to see where I set each of them, but it was like 30% of the slider for bass boost, and for the room gain, I clicked it up +3db.

I've spent the past week or so listening to various scenes in each profile setting, and surprisingly, I prefer the deep bass boost by itself. I was already getting surprisingly robust bass for a small room with the baseline ARC, but clicking this dial up a bit was exactly what I was after. My PSA subs are pretty potent down low, and I didn't feel like ARC2 was really taking advantage of that. But now, with the deep enhancement, I'm very happy.

About ten years ago, I first watched Cloverfield in the theater room I had at the time. I re-watched it this past weekend, and I can say without hesitation that this film still remains the BEST home theater experience I've ever had. Im getting better bass impact in a 13x17 room that I expected to get, and I owe that to ARC. Even with manual (SPL level) calibration and about 20 room treatment panels from GIK, the low end was nowhere near what it is now after Genesis.

I'm sure the other room correction offerings on the market are solid, but I just would not want to be w/out ARC if I can help it. Great software.
Because I have been trying to replicate a house curve on my stereo 2.2 with a minidsp with Dirac, I have not experimented with increasing room gain. Because of previous experiences with my surround sound, I feel certain that the Deep bass boost of +6 starting at 40 hz is correct for my room. It does a terrific job on bass without making the deep male voices chesty, as I think increasing room gain would. I also have many sound panels including bass traps. I have also added 3db to each of the subs in my 5,000^3 room for what sounds about perfect to me. Again, attempting to match the house curve, I have added -8 tilt starting at 500 hz. I am one of those people who wants to set the parameters and then leave them alone until forced to replace equipment. Before ARC, I could always manage this. Could never get the bass in ARC exactly right for us. With Genesis, I believe I've achieved this. Because Dirac is on a separate system in a different room, I can't really compare them exactly. Specifically, Dirac allows me to calibrate all the way to 20Khz, so I have more control of the slope past 5khz. I have chosen to follow Anthem's limit of 5khz so the slope past 5khz looks messy. Have not been able to hear the difference. But I've now been able to achieve an equally satisfactory result with Genesis.
Summa likes this.
post #188 of 485 Old 06-18-2019, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:

Good input. I didn't test the room gain setting, but I'm happy with my results from using the deep bass boost. I used +6 at 40Hz for movies and +4.5 at 40 Hz for music. I also added a couple dB on the subwoofer trim, but that probably wasn't totally necessary. In any case, the bass is exactly where I like it now. It was definitely lacking from just the baseline Genesis calibration.
Summa likes this.

7.2.4 Setup | Display: LG 77" C8 OLED | Blu-ray: Oppo UDP-203 | Processor: Anthem AVM60 | Amps: Outlaw 7700, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2 | Speakers: Paradigm Prestige (2) 95F's, 55C, (4) 15B's, (4) CI-Elite E65-R (Atmos) | Subs: (2) Rythmik F25's
post #189 of 485 Old 06-18-2019, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Anyone have any idea what is new in the recently released beta update?

ARC_Genesis_MacOS_v1108972_beta

They did not include change logs this time. I also checked the Windows download and no change logs there either.

#JB17
post #190 of 485 Old 06-18-2019, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1167 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Anyone have any idea what is new in the recently released beta update?

ARC_Genesis_MacOS_v1108972_beta

They did not include change logs this time. I also checked the Windows download and no change logs there either.
I was wondering the same thing. They always publish a change log, but not this time. Definitely not installing it if I don't know whats in it.

EDIT: I just emailed Anthem and asked them if they could publish the change log.
BGLeduc likes this.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread

Last edited by Legairre; 06-18-2019 at 02:08 PM.
post #191 of 485 Old 06-18-2019, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecow003 View Post
Good input. I didn't test the room gain setting, but I'm happy with my results from using the deep bass boost. I used +6 at 40Hz for movies and +4.5 at 40 Hz for music. I also added a couple dB on the subwoofer trim, but that probably wasn't totally necessary. In any case, the bass is exactly where I like it now. It was definitely lacking from just the baseline Genesis calibration.
It definitely hits the spot. I was a little apprehensive when Anthem suggested room gain over the deep bass boost setting, but that's the main reason why I wanted to try both. Sounds like several of us are coming to the same conclusion.
post #192 of 485 Old 06-18-2019, 03:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrac View Post
I saw similar "odd" behavior when I ran some sweeps yesterday.

Run 1 is mic at about 35" high, Run 2 is approximately same mic height but increased volume on subwoofer on the sub's amp, Run 3 is splitting the difference on sub amp volume but mic a 3-4 inches higher.

What was also interesting is that prior to run 1, I used quick measure and fronts were around 69 db; prior to run 3, fronts were closer to 80 db as I recall. Likely explains negative trims. I haven't measured the test tone with an SPL but will try this in the next day or so although it will only be with an iPhone SPL app.

I've currently got run 3 loaded. Sounds fine but obviously have to increase master volume to get same volume as earlier run from a few weeks ago (similar to run 1).

Comments welcome.

The reason why the trim values differs is due to the subwoofers. This is what I have encounter for the past few weeks on why the system wide level is not at 75db and instead jumped to 85db or sometimes even 90db. As long as the system wide levels is beyond 75db, there will be offsets applied which results in negative trim values for your speakers. That explains why you need to increase the Master Volume to get back the desired effect that you previously familiar with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #193 of 485 Old 06-18-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post
The reason why the trim values differs is due to the subwoofers. This is what I have encounter for the past few weeks on why the system wide level is not at 75db and instead jumped to 85db or sometimes even 90db. As long as the system wide levels is beyond 75db, there will be offsets applied which results in negative trim values for your speakers. That explains why you need to increase the Master Volume to get back the desired effect that you previously familiar with.

thanks, Desray2k. I was assuming it was due more to subwoofer volume than mic. I'll rerun Genesis sometime but reducing sub volume.

Looking forward to going back to Singapore end of the month for business.
post #194 of 485 Old 06-18-2019, 04:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Dedicated ARC Genesis thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrac View Post
thanks, Desray2k. I was assuming it was due more to subwoofer volume than mic. I'll rerun Genesis sometime but reducing sub volume.

Looking forward to going back to Singapore end of the month for business.

Yes you are right. I’m assuming you have dual subs. Play with the gain. Use the quick measure tool available on the software and do a ensure both give out equal SPL before you re do your calibration. Trust me, it will fix those anomalies you are facing.

post #195 of 485 Old 06-18-2019, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 164
I just downloaded a newer version of ARC Genesis for my Mac Laptop and when I go to execute the package I get an error message saying this file can't be opened because Apple can't check it for malicious software. I downloaded and installed a previous version, but hadn't found the time to use it. This PM I though I would give the new version a try, but am stuck. Downloaded again – same thing. Anyone else experience this?

SONY VPL-VW385ES, Da-Lite 92" 0.9 HD progressive 16x9 screen, Apple TV 4K, HDFury Integral 2, Oppo UDP 203, Panasonic DP-UB820, Anthem AVM 60, D-Sonic 4000 (800x3, 400x4) for bed layer, 2 Crown XLS 1002 (225x4) for Atmos; Speakers: Polk LSiM 705s, 703 front, 4 702F/X surround, 4 Polk TL3 (Atmos), Dual Velodyne DD15 Subwoofers.
post #196 of 485 Old 06-18-2019, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by shs1234 View Post
I just downloaded a newer version of ARC Genesis for my Mac Laptop and when I go to execute the package I get an error message saying this file can't be opened because Apple can't check it for malicious software. I downloaded and installed a previous version, but hadn't found the time to use it. This PM I though I would give the new version a try, but am stuck. Downloaded again – same thing. Anyone else experience this?
Should be able to open it by right clicking (alt clicking, 2 finger clicking) and clicking open

Speakers: Fronts: Triton One | Center: Supercenter XL | Surrounds: SuperSat 50 | Rear Surrounds: Invisa HTR 7000 | Atmos: 4x Invisa 650
Receiver: Anthem MRX 1120 | Electronics: XBOX One X, PS4 Pro, Roku Ultra, Chromecast Ultra | Power Management: Panamax M5400-PM
Projector: JVC DLA-NX9 | Screen: Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro 135"
post #197 of 485 Old 06-18-2019, 08:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked: 741
While toying around with my system, I noticed something that's pretty clear about Genesis.

Dolby Surround GREATLY benefited from Genesis. With ARC-2 before, DSU was more about spaciousness and atmosphere, while DTS Neural X was more about aggressive discrete sound effects.

Now, I'm finding DSU to be about being both spaciious AND more aggressive with discrete sound. Neural X seems to be the same as before.

The height channels are way more active now with DSU.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: Jamo 626k4 in-wall mains, Jamo 631k4 bi/dipole surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #198 of 485 Old 06-19-2019, 04:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shs1234 View Post
Same here. Others also have reported the same issue in the various Anthem threads.

Either something changed when Mojave was last updated, or with the way Anthem is packaging the Mac updates was changed. Nothing anyone has suggested will work and Anthem has NFI why it is problem.

What I found was that a download of the Mac version of Genesis to a PC preserves the .zip file structure. Taking the .zip over to the Mac and then extracting results in a .pkg file that will install.

#JB17
post #199 of 485 Old 06-19-2019, 05:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 42
This is a screenshot of my latest sub calibration with the sub's internal crossover set to 80. How does the ARC correct the sub to it's target when it can't? Should I turn off the crossover?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (3).png
Views:	31
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	2581842  
post #200 of 485 Old 06-19-2019, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchlampert View Post
This is a screenshot of my latest sub calibration with the sub's internal crossover set to 80. How does the ARC correct the sub to it's target when it can't? Should I turn off the crossover?
Yes! Almost w/o exception, the internal crossover in your sub should be off, or if there is no on/off selection, set to its highest possible setting when doing Bass Management and Room Correction.
mitchlampert likes this.

#JB17
post #201 of 485 Old 06-19-2019, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter
WLC

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Sub Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchlampert View Post
In the sub threads, there are a number of people who use cascading crossovers which includes setting your lfe to 80 and your subwoofers internal crossover to 80. I tried this for awhile until I had a long conversation with Ed Mullen about my subs and he convinced me, among other technical issues, that this was not really a good idea.
By setting your internal crossover to 80, you are missing some of the lfe information, since your sub will play greatly reduced material over 80 (because the crossover is not a brick wall). One of the major benefits of cascading crossovers is thought to be improved intelligibility of dialogue. The dialogue in my system has improved dramatically with Genesis. So much so that we can now watch British shows, i.e. Luther, and understand what is being said. We could not do this with ARC 2.
This is all a long-winded explanation of why you should not use an internal sub crossover with Genesis.
mitchlampert likes this.
post #202 of 485 Old 06-19-2019, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Curious if anyone else has noticed this in their Genesis profiles -- In my last calibration run, I set up all 4 profiles. The only thing I changed from what Genesis set was the max EQ freq for profiles 2 through 4. What I then noticed after recalculating is that the FL/FR trims were slightly different among the 4 profiles. Is that to be expected? Seemed odd as I don't recall ARC 2 ever doing that. The levels were all consistent through all 4 profiles regardless of the max EQ freq. Is this a Genesis feature or just a something wonky that went wrong? I have been meaning to go back and do another calibration run and see if it does the same thing again but haven't yet had the time.

Pre/Pro: Anthem AVR 60 | 5.2.4 Config: MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL X FL/FR, ESL C Center, Motion LX16 Surrounds, Motion 4i Atmos | Subs: Velodyne DD-15, Martin Logan Dynamo 1100x | Amplification: Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 FL/C/FR, Emotiva A-700 Surrounds and Atmos

post #203 of 485 Old 06-19-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyRider View Post
Curious if anyone else has noticed this in their Genesis profiles -- In my last calibration run, I set up all 4 profiles. The only thing I changed from what Genesis set was the max EQ freq for profiles 2 through 4. What I then noticed after recalculating is that the FL/FR trims were slightly different among the 4 profiles. Is that to be expected? Seemed odd as I don't recall ARC 2 ever doing that. The levels were all consistent through all 4 profiles regardless of the max EQ freq. Is this a Genesis feature or just a something wonky that went wrong? I have been meaning to go back and do another calibration run and see if it does the same thing again but haven't yet had the time.
That is odd that using the exact same measurement sweeps and just changing max EQ would cause a level change on the main channels.

Can you tell us what other max EQ frequencies you selected other than the standard 5K? And also, what were the L/R trims for each of the corresponding max EQ values?

What I'm getting at here is that there may be a possibility that Genesis would raise L/R levels if you set max EQ to a frequency so low that your mains now need to help fill in the low end where your subwoofer(s) were handling bass with a higher max EQ. I'm curious, so please follow up.

post #204 of 485 Old 06-19-2019, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
That is odd that using the exact same measurement sweeps and just changing max EQ would cause a level change on the main channels.

Can you tell us what other max EQ frequencies you selected other than the standard 5K? And also, what were the L/R trims for each of the corresponding max EQ values?

What I'm getting at here is that there may be a possibility that Genesis would raise L/R levels if you set max EQ to a frequency so low that your mains now need to help fill in the low end where your subwoofer(s) were handling bass with a higher max EQ. I'm curious, so please follow up.
I'll post a follow-up with additional details tonight after I get home from work. You make a great point. If I changed from 5kHz down to 200 Hz, and Genesis then saw a big dip in the uncorrected frequencies above 200 Hz, maybe it increased trim a tad to keep the overall channel levels in line with the baseline dB target. If so, that's more sophistication than I'd expect. And then I'd be curious to know what weighting it's giving to what frequencies to determine when it needs to increase/decrease trim based on uncorrected peaks/dips.

Incidentally, the reason I'm trying lowering the max EQ down to 200 Hz for the mains is because they are ML electrostats, which are dipoles. From past experience with other dipole and omnipole speakers (Mirage, DefTech) and other room correction suites (Audyssey, YPAO), they never EQ dipoles correctly. They tend to suck out the midrange and mid-bass and over-emphasize the treble.

Pre/Pro: Anthem AVR 60 | 5.2.4 Config: MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL X FL/FR, ESL C Center, Motion LX16 Surrounds, Motion 4i Atmos | Subs: Velodyne DD-15, Martin Logan Dynamo 1100x | Amplification: Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 FL/C/FR, Emotiva A-700 Surrounds and Atmos

post #205 of 485 Old 06-19-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post
Yes you are right. I’m assuming you have dual subs. Play with the gain. Use the quick measure tool available on the software and do a ensure both give out equal SPL before you re do your calibration. Trust me, it will fix those anomalies you are facing.

Just one sub (Rythmik E15HP) now. May add a second at some point in time.
post #206 of 485 Old 06-19-2019, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Same here. Others also have reported the same issue in the various Anthem threads.

Either something changed when Mojave was last updated, or with the way Anthem is packaging the Mac updates was changed. Nothing anyone has suggested will work and Anthem has NFI why it is problem.

What I found was that a download of the Mac version of Genesis to a PC preserves the .zip file structure. Taking the .zip over to the Mac and then extracting results in a .pkg file that will install.
Downloading the Mac version on a PC and then transferring it to the Mac for unpacking and installations works. The irony of needed a PC for the installation of the Mac software after waiting for so long for a Mac version of ARC is a bit much though. Since I only use this PC for ARC, I was hoping to put it in a closet and rely strictly on my Mac for home theater tweaking. Maybe next release.

Irony aside, I very much appreciate the tip! I must say that the GUI looks great!
BGLeduc likes this.

SONY VPL-VW385ES, Da-Lite 92" 0.9 HD progressive 16x9 screen, Apple TV 4K, HDFury Integral 2, Oppo UDP 203, Panasonic DP-UB820, Anthem AVM 60, D-Sonic 4000 (800x3, 400x4) for bed layer, 2 Crown XLS 1002 (225x4) for Atmos; Speakers: Polk LSiM 705s, 703 front, 4 702F/X surround, 4 Polk TL3 (Atmos), Dual Velodyne DD15 Subwoofers.
post #207 of 485 Old 06-19-2019, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I have not notice a change in trim values for different set of profiles if the only changes made was with the Max EQ frequency range. However having said that, I do notice some slight minor changes in the Room Gain instead. Usually a difference of 0.25 - 0.5db. But that’s fine.

post #208 of 485 Old 06-19-2019, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:

I recently upgraded to dual PSA 3010s and have been experimenting with ARC Genesis calibration to get the most out of the subs. My current settings include manually adding 3-4 dB with the sub gain following ARC Genesis calibration. I haven't tried the Deep Bass boost but after reading your post I'll give it a shot. Did you use deep bass along with a manual increase in dB post-ARC?
Summa likes this.

Sony 665es 4K Projector; SI Black Diamond 133"
Anthem AVM60 Pre-Pro; Anthem 525 and 325 Amps
Oppo UDP-203 4K UHD Blu Ray Player, Roku Ultra, Apple TV4, PS4
Paradigm Persona 3F (fronts), Paradigm Prestige 45C center, Bryston Mini A (rears), M&K IW-95 (surrounds), dual PSA S3010 subs
post #209 of 485 Old 06-19-2019, 10:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 108
How did yall resolve the issue with +12 dB speaker levels? Anthem tech said the new beta would fix it...I ran the measurements again and it came back with the same +12 for the main speakers.

Thanks

post #210 of 485 Old 06-20-2019, 04:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 42
How can I figure out how to set my sub distance? I am using a minidsp for BEQ and I'm sure that adds delay. Will Room EQ help? Maybe a computer program to measure phase? I wish Anthem would add phase correction to Genesis for the AVM60!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
arc genesis , genesis

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page