help! xli 800 power cord replacement - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-24-2019, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
help! xli 800 power cord replacement

does any know of a power cord replacement for the crown xli 800 amp i need one thats less stiff an at least 5feet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-24-2019, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Those take standard IEC power cords (IEC is the name of the connector on the amp; the connector to the wall will depend on what region you're in). Very common cords. In the US you can buy them at Monoprice, Amazon, Best Buy, Parts Express or a zillion other stores. Try to get one that is 14 gauge or even 12 gauge. A 16 gauge one would be a little weak but not terrible for the 800. Do not get an 18 gauge one. Lower number for gauge is better. Some stores just call them "power cords" and don't say IEC but usually they will be labeled IEC.

Here's an example - you can buy this exact one, or find a similar cord at many other stores https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5279 However, make sure to click 14AWG in the item details. I clicked it before I copied the link, but the link I just gave you still seems to default to 18 AWG.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page