Denon AVR 2308CI plastic insulating pads - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark 461

post #1 of 3 Old 05-25-2019, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question Denon AVR 2308CI plastic insulating pads

Good Morning all,

Recently opened up this receiver since I was having problems with the left channel. I thought it was due to cracked or worn

solder but it wasn't. After cleaning the unit and putting it back together, it started blowing 10 amp fuses. The CPU

seems to be fine since it's blinking green when starting up, and then solid green but the relay near the output terminals

doesn't turn on. Anyway, after reading on the web and trying to figure out why the fuse kept blowing, a repair article stated

to replace the plastic insulating pads for the transistors or it's going to short out on the heat sink. I didn't realize the plastic

pads purpose when putting it back together and I threw them away. Does anyone know where I can find a suitable

replacement? Is it a special kind of plastic? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-26-2019, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just a follow-up after further research. I've found they're actually called transistor insulator pads. The ones in the amp appear to be of the mica variety. As for where to source these locally, I have no idea. Would a hardware or building supply store have something like this? Or an alternative in sheet form.
deangale123 likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-26-2019, 02:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 461 View Post
Just a follow-up after further research. I've found they're actually called transistor insulator pads. The ones in the amp appear to be of the mica variety. As for where to source these locally, I have no idea. Would a hardware or building supply store have something like this? Or an alternative in sheet form.
Try element 14 or Digikey type in transistor insulating pads

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page