Need asistance in my av build - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By m0j0
  • 1 Post By smithsabom

post #1 of 5 Old 06-04-2019, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need asistance in my av build

hi guys, i'm moving to a new apartment soon and gonna set up new av system, i need a bit of help from you because i know basics but don't have experience in devices and tech that's been on the market in last few years, so sry in advance if it's gonna be longish post

I'm pretty sure tv is gonna be LG 55C8PLA and nvidia shield for playing, will have some small NAS in the room next door, cables are already in place.

I have an old Yamaha AX-500 and B&W DM309, they actually sound pretty decent, i wanted to replace both (new B&W 606 looks great) but decided to focus my budget on reciever/amp for now and see how my old speakers will pair with that, the budget is around $1000 (and i'm in EU)

So, my needs for reciever/amp: i'm not an audiophile but it has to have a good stereo playback, decent music quality is equally important as video.
Video is gonna be from youtube streams to 4K bluray movies, and since i wanted all that connectivity and build in tech, i'm looking at Denon AVRX3500H, seems like a good allround device, it's future proof when i decide to expand from 2.1 >..
Whats i'm mostly concerned with is (and that's my guess) that new receivers are not so focused on quality stereo anymore, and if you want that you must buy dedicated that cost a lot more, and in the process lose bells & whistles that AVRX3500H have? If Denon ends up not been so good for music maybe add some dedicated DAC in between?
And also, some small bits that kinda go unnoticed, reading avsforums i realized i'm gonna need dedicated BT device if i want to use my Jays u-JAYS Wireless headphones with denon, i'm sure i'm gonna discover more things like that but the sooner the better.
Gonna try to connect all that with my logitech harmoby hub remote.
I'm sure i forgot to provide some additional info but any help, advice on my setup is appreciated!

can't post links yet but short specs for B&W DM309: Nominal impedance 8 Ohm, Amplifier Requirements 25 - 120 W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-04-2019, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1195 Post(s)
Liked: 1775
The Denon is a good budget choice which does everything pretty well. I have the 4400 and have been very happy with it. However, I mostly use mine for movies and not music. If music is important, maybe take a look at the Marantz units instead, though they will likely cost more.
pixel_juice likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-04-2019, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixel_juice View Post
hi guys, i'm moving to a new apartment soon and gonna set up new av system, i need a bit of help from you because i know basics but don't have experience in devices and tech that's been on the market in last few years, so sry in advance if it's gonna be longish post

I'm pretty sure tv is gonna be LG 55C8PLA and nvidia shield for playing, will have some small NAS in the room next door, cables are already in place.

I have an old Yamaha AX-500 and B&W DM309, they actually sound pretty decent, i wanted to replace both (new B&W 606 looks great) but decided to focus my budget on reciever/amp for now and see how my old speakers will pair with that, the budget is around $1000 (and i'm in EU)

So, my needs for reciever/amp: i'm not an audiophile but it has to have a good stereo playback, decent music quality is equally important as video.
Video is gonna be from youtube streams to 4K bluray movies, and since i wanted all that connectivity and build in tech, i'm looking at Denon AVRX3500H, seems like a good allround device, it's future proof when i decide to expand from 2.1 >..
Whats i'm mostly concerned with is (and that's my guess) that new receivers are not so focused on quality stereo anymore, and if you want that you must buy dedicated that cost a lot more, and in the process lose bells & whistles that AVRX3500H have? If Denon ends up not been so good for music maybe add some dedicated DAC in between?
And also, some small bits that kinda go unnoticed, reading avsforums i realized i'm gonna need dedicated BT device if i want to use my Jays u-JAYS Wireless headphones with denon, i'm sure i'm gonna discover more things like that but the sooner the better.
Gonna try to connect all that with my logitech harmoby hub remote.
I'm sure i forgot to provide some additional info but any help, advice on my setup is appreciated!

can't post links yet but short specs for B&W DM309: Nominal impedance 8 Ohm, Amplifier Requirements 25 - 120 W
you are on the right track for the reciever...however, BT is designed (usually) for sending to the receiver, not for the receiver to send to the BT headphones.

you'll need an outboard(separate) BT transmitter to plug into your headphone jack...

Main: Sony XBR75900E, Denon AVR-x4400, Denon POA-5200 (L/R(a) Goldenear supersat 60, (b)FW Boston acoustic Bravo 2. C Goldenear supersat 60C,
SSR DIYSG Volt 6v2. RSS Volt 6, Atmos(.4) Boston acoustics soundware XS
HSU research ULS -15, Episode ES-IW-Dual 8 / Monitor audio IWA 250 amp 2nd Rm: Visio E55, Denon avr730H, Boston Acoustics CR8, cr400 sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-05-2019, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
thnx for the replies, i was never a fan of marantz tbh, so i guess will try my luck with denon, and i can always buy additional device for stereo and have both worlds?
@smithsabom i know about BT been one way, i just wondered what other little surprises awaits, but i'm really looking forward to all that
I'm not sure yet how would i connect tv-shield-denon in chain, but will ask if in doubt.
if anyone have any other suggestions or remarks, in ~ $1000 range, please tell.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-05-2019, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixel_juice View Post
thnx for the replies, i was never a fan of marantz tbh, so i guess will try my luck with denon, and i can always buy additional device for stereo and have both worlds?
@smithsabom i know about BT been one way, i just wondered what other little surprises awaits, but i'm really looking forward to all that
I'm not sure yet how would i connect tv-shield-denon in chain, but will ask if in doubt.
if anyone have any other suggestions or remarks, in ~ $1000 range, please tell.
for your headphones: https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bl...dp_ob_title_ce
pixel_juice likes this.

Main: Sony XBR75900E, Denon AVR-x4400, Denon POA-5200 (L/R(a) Goldenear supersat 60, (b)FW Boston acoustic Bravo 2. C Goldenear supersat 60C,
SSR DIYSG Volt 6v2. RSS Volt 6, Atmos(.4) Boston acoustics soundware XS
HSU research ULS -15, Episode ES-IW-Dual 8 / Monitor audio IWA 250 amp 2nd Rm: Visio E55, Denon avr730H, Boston Acoustics CR8, cr400 sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page