Recommend me a Receiver please :) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-06-2019, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Recommend me a Receiver please :)

Hello, thanks for any advice in advance.

I am running LSi15's for fronts. LSiC for a center and LSiFX for surrounds. The fronts are 4ohms.

I recently purchased a Onkyo TX-RZ830. I want to replace it because it has no preset modes. If it does, then I couldn't figure it out. There are nice features on the Onkyo for night mode and surround loudness control. We watch movies at night, but right when the kids go to bed I have to manually change a bunch of settings. Looking for something comparable that has preset modes for this reason.

Also, the ohms setting is for all the speakers, but not each speaker separate, not sure if this is normal. I had them it at 4ohms and it sounded great. The main thing I feel like I need is a preset mode. There are nice features on the Onkyo for night mode and surround loudness control.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-06-2019, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 2286 Post(s)
Liked: 1497
Quote:
Also, the ohms setting is for all the speakers, but not each speaker separate, not sure if this is normal.
I've never seen it any other way, for all speakers is normal.

Afro GT
post #3 of 5 Old 06-07-2019, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please stay away from Onkyo and Integra. Unfortunately, even the latest DRX models have the dreaded HDMI board issue. I found out the very hard way. If you want to really getan Onkyo get a factory refurbished one where this problem has been fixed (I would guess!)

The replacement is getting to be a painful process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-07-2019, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappatti View Post
Please stay away from Onkyo and Integra. Unfortunately, even the latest DRX models have the dreaded HDMI board issue. I found out the very hard way. If you want to really getan Onkyo get a factory refurbished one where this problem has been fixed (I would guess!)

The replacement is getting to be a painful process.
What exactly is the issue?
post #5 of 5 Old 06-07-2019, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The HDMI has a problematic on-board DSP chip that is flaky - it is either a solder that goes weak or the chips goes bad because of overheating. The audio will the cut out completely, or the video will vanish, along sometimes with networking. This has been going on for years, and even the new models suffer. This is now a special out of warranty repair issue and you can check if your receiver is affected. https://care.onkyousa.com/na/003_2012.php?country=USA

Search here on AVS for "Onkyo HDMI". But it is not for the weak hearted. The results are very disappointing to read.

Best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page