"OFFICIAL" 2019 Marantz NR1510/NR1710/SR5014/SR6014
Sound United (parent company of Marantz) has started to release information on the new 2019 Marantz models starting with the slim line "NR" series models. The "SR" series will be announced later this summer. The 2017 SR8012 and 2018 SR7013 will continue for 2019 and will continue to be discussed in their current respective threads.
What's new or to be added via firmware update for the 2019 models?
- Note that all the 2019 models are still HDMI 2.0b
- HDCP 2.3
- all inputs
- on board (as opposed to the 2017 SR6012/SR7012 and 2018 SR6013/SR7013/SR8012 models previously receiving it via a firmware update)(Note an HDMI w/Ethernet cable
must be used between the AVR and eARC capable TV)
- USB thumb drive requirements - NTFS added
- Airplay - ON/OFF setting
- OvrC smart remote management
- HDMI Input Mode setting connected to the HDMI Input Assign menu
- HDMI Multiple Input Assign (allow to assign multiple audio sources to the same video source)
- ALL ZONE STEREO - ON/OFF added to Smart Select button
- Spotify Connect now available using a "FREE" Spotify account - firmware update 8-21-2019
- Able to downmix a multi CH audio source selected in the main zone to 2CH PCM in Zone 2 by pressing the [Zone 2 Source] button on the front panel and selecting "Source" instead of the actual source name (SR6014 only)
- Added via future firmware update:
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer
(only available when sound mode selected includes "+ Dolby Surround") - firmware update released August 2019 (NR1710/SR5014/SR6014 only)
- Bluetooth transmit
to single pair of headphones/hearing aids - firmware update released December 5, 2019 [setup instructions: https://denon.custhelp.com/app/answe...th-headphones]
- Automatic HDMI Input rename (when input available from source player)
What features weren't carried forward from the 2018 models?
- No longer able to apply DTS Neural:X on DD audio but still able to use Dolby Surround on DTS audio
- 7.1 multi analog inputs dropped (SR5014 only)
- Surround parameter <Center Spread> (formerly available with Dolby Surround upmixer (ie. DSU) but dropped per Dolby's new DSU spec)
1. Although all models feature two subwoofer pre-outs, only the SR6014 has independent subwoofer volume control of each subwoofer.
2. None of these models support Front Wide speakers.
Marantz model web page info and Owner manual links
- MSRP $599, 5.2 CH, 50W, HDMI In/Out (6/1) - avail May
This is a slim line model that features Audyssey MultEQ (6 mic positions), networking, Web Control, DSD via USB/network source, speaker posts, 32 bit DAC, and an on board Denon HEOS module (allows streaming of HEOS app music services to the AVR as well as streaming PCM 2.0 source from the AVR to HEOS wireless speakers set up around the home). Firmware updates are installed via a network connection or USB. There are FL/FR main zone pre-outs but no Zone 2 pre-outs. PHONO input included.
- MSRP $749, 7.2 CH, 50W, HDMI In/Out (6/1) - avail May
Upgrading from the NR1510 adds two more audio channels for a 7CH model, Atmos/DTS:X 5.2.2, DTS:X. It features 5.1 + Zone 2 capability using the Surround Back speaker posts for Zone 2 and also adds Zone 2 pre-outs using an external amp. DTS Virtual:X (simulates height audio when using a 5.1 or 7.1 configuration but Audyssey is disabled). Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer (activated when set to ON and "...+ Dolby Surround" sound mode selected and no height speakers configured; Audyssey is not disabled). Lowest model that works with the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app (iOS/Android, $20) to fine tune the Audyssey speaker/sub calibration. Also features a 12v trigger.
- MSRP $999, 7.2 CH, 100W, HDMI In/Out (8/2) - avail July
Upgrading from the NR1710 adds HDAM Pre-Amp modules (known to provide for better 2CH music listening), 7.2 Main zone pre-outs, a second Main zone HDMI monitor output and the better version of Audyssey MultEQ XT.
- MSRP $1499, 9.2 CH, 110W, HDMI In/Out (8/3) - avail July
Upgrading from the SR5014 adds a Zone 2 HDMI monitor output, the best version of Audyssey (ie. MultEQ XT32), Audyssey LFC, Audyssey Sub EQ HT (dual sub level/delay), eARC, 7.1 multi analog inputs, and the ability to expand to 11CH (ie. 7.2.4) by using a 2CH external amp. DTS Virtual:X (simulates height audio when using a 5.1 or 7.1 configuration and although Audyssey MultEQ XT32 is NOT disabled, all other Audyssey features are disabled). IMAX Enhanced DTS:X. Lowest model that can pass PCM 2.0 audio from an HDMI source to Zone 2 and to HEOS wireless speakers.
Welcome to the Official 2019 Marantz AVR-NR/SR models thread (NR1510/NR1710/SR5014/SR6014)
If this is your first visit to this thread, and you want to ask a question about one of the 2019 Marantz AVR models, either one that you own or one that you are thinking of buying, please provide the following information to allow for better responses to your questions:
(a) Identify the model number in question (eg. SR5014), as there are 4 different models (NR and SR series) discussed in this thread. Also if you have not posted in several days since your initial post, please post the model # again so we don't have to back track to learn which model you are referencing.
(b) Identify what you've done so far to troubleshoot the issue and what the front panel is displaying if an audio issue, (also take a few minutes to review the Troubleshooting section provided in post 3 as your question may already be answered there,
(c) Unless you indicate what settings have been changed, the assumption will be that all settings are on the factory defaults (ie. usually "Auto"),
(d) If the advice given seems to simplistic or obvious, don't shoot the advice giver as we have no idea of the level of your technical understanding,
(e) If there is no response to your post, it either means no one knows the answer or it has simply been overlooked so please repost if you still haven't resolved your issue,
(f) If you post a question in this thread and are given advice and either it or some other advice (eg. Marantz phone support, Marantz "Ask a Question" email support) resolves your issue, have the common courtesy to post back what solution resolved your issue so others can learn from it as well,
(g) If the issue is not user error or not just a misunderstanding on how the AVR works, please call Marantz support so the issue is registered,
(h) When responding to another post that is providing assistance to you, please press the "Quote" button in the lower right corner of that other poster's response so that response is also listed with your new post to provide some context, and,
(i) If you don't live in either the USA or Canada, please either indicate your country location in your profile or your post as some Marantz models from other regions in the world differ in configuration from their USA/Canada counterparts otherwise responses made in this thread are in regards to the USA/Canada models only.