Who needs it? New Denon receiver marries Stereo HiFi + A/V - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-19-2019, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Who needs it? New Denon receiver marries Stereo HiFi + A/V

$500 price point A/V receiver DRA-800H... 2 channel . Pretty cool, imo.

I have a basement family room with surround receiver and speakers and 2-channel "HiFi" system in the living room...which has to coexist with TV, Netflix streamer, etc... too.

I've always thought there should be some modern A/V amp that has smarts/convenience of a new receiver (minus surround "stuff") and better sound with improved 2-channel guts.

This appears to be one of those. Haven't heard one myself but there's a lot on the surface to like.... Dual subwoofer outputs, which can be tweaked separately, plus another set of pre-outs for Zone 2 or a power amp....not too shabby. The DSD, upgraded DAC layout, and tone controls are all cool too.

It's interesting to me, for an "integrated amp" to be the media hub for the living room and super convenient too. If you're WAY more into music, or if only 2-ch has the spouse-acceptance-factor, this looks awesome to me, as an inexpensive but elegant solution.
_____
From Denon:
"The Denon DRA-800H seamlessly integrates Hi-Fi amplification, a network player and advanced AV receiver technologies. Featuring advanced custom amplifier design, the DRA-800H ensures your loudspeakers drive detailed, precise imaging through the dedicated circuitry. With five 4K Ultra HD HDMI inputs and the latest wireless music streaming technologies (Wi-Fi, AirPlay 2, Bluetooth and HEOS Built-in), the DRA-800H integrates seamlessly with your TV, game consoles, turntable, CD Player, wireless music and Hi-Fi systems.

Enjoy network streaming and USB front-panel audio playback of MP3, WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) files. Equipped with A/B speaker terminals (supports bi-wiring), dual subwoofer pre-outs, three digital and two analog inputs, one phono (MM) input and ARC for TV audio, the DRA-800H delivers a premium stereo listening experience for your music"
____
I'm not sure the market has a ton of room for this...or maybe there are people looking for this with vinyl, streaming and Hi-Res being so big. It'd be cool if there was a super-high-end version of this too, like a flagship receiver but 2-channel.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page