AVS Forum banner

subwoofer works but no sound from speakers from my pioneer amp

159 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  M Code 
#1 ·
Soooo I have a vsx-1021. Yes it's pretty old... I'm guessing back from 2011? 2012?
I'm hoping mayyybe someone out there would have seen this before to know if my amp is just a goner at this point.
So within the last few weeks, my 1 year old has developed a love interest with the buttons on my pioneer amp.
Randomly hitting buttons and messing with the scroll wheels.
The amp was working fine up until yesterday when I realized there's no sound coming from the speakers. The subwoofer works though....
So my setup is 5 energy microspeakers, with 16 gauge wiring going to banana plugs.
the subwoofer has its own subwoofer cable.
I'm trying to stream netflix from my PS3, no sound
Same with the nintendo switch which is hooked to another hdmi port.
The odd thing is, when I go into the amp's setup menu, that auto MCACC thingy, I did a demo-test and the speakers work....
I'm pressing all sorts of buttons on the amp and also the remote to see if there's some speaker-specific mute button that was pressed but I can't find anything.
So subwoofer works but not speakers. Is that an actual thing? or is it time to replace my amp?
Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
RESET the AVR

Use this procedure to reset all the receiver's settings to the factory default. Use the front panelcontrols to do this.
1. Set MULTI-ZONE to OFF.
2. Disconnect the iPod and USB memory device from the receiver before hand
3. Switch the receiver into standby
4. While holding down the ENTER button on the front panel
5. Press STANDBY/ON
6. The display shows RESET
7. Select 'RESET'
8. Press ENTER on the front panel, the display will show RESET
9. Press ENTER to confirm

Note now all EQ, station presets, surround modes are back to factory defaults.

Just my $0.02... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.