Onkyo receivers and music listening modes - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-25-2019, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Onkyo receivers and music listening modes

I have an Onkyo tx-rx820. I love to listen to music, but for some reason my bass response is very limited. I currently have a 5.0 system with 4 of those being tower speakers. It has been run through the auto tuning through the audyssey also. My issue is that I seem to only get decent bass through stereo mode. When I go to all channel stereo or mono the bass drops out. I thought this was a power issue since I'm now powering 5 speakers at once instead of two, so I purchased an amp to run the fronts on a pre out. The thing is, even with 300 watts going to the fronts now, they seem to drop off when the system is set to anything but stereo, pure audio, or direct. So I'm confused. I can only get decent bass when running stereo only, but I want to run my other tower speakers as well. Am I just missing some settings somewhere? I've tried pass through on the backs, and currently have them set to 40hz and no luck. I guess I don't understand how even the fronts, which are on their own amp, only seem to get good bass response in stereo mode only. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-25-2019, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 137
@TheGearbox Confirming you have an rz820? If so, it has accueq not audyssey.

I believe the stereo or pure direct mode is not touched by accueq at all, so that leads me to believe that your accueq settings are off. the early version of Accueq is not very good with bass management.

Here is the dedicated thread to try and find tuning suggestions https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...-thread-5.html

Good luck!
post #3 of 3 Old 06-25-2019, 07:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 2178
Please post all questions and comments about this model in the owners thread linked above
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page