Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-01-2019, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Help with a Receiver setup

Hello friends,
I don't know almost anything about home sound, and would like a help to choose a good receiver for my setup.
I probably will buy Polk Signature S20 and S30 and Polk PSW505 sub. The other speakers, probably will be in-ceiling because the space in my apartment.
I would like and setup with 2 hdmi outs... and checking some receivers, i do not understood if it will play my speakers.
Speakers Recommended Amplifier Power 20 - 125 Watts/Channel
But for example Denon AVR-S740H is 75w per channel, so will it don't play my speakers at full?
By the way, I selected some others that could be interesting for me, 2 hdmi setup: (prices at amazon for reference only)
Sony STR-DN1080 $448 2 hdmi-out 130W
Denon AVR-S740H $349 1 video 75W
Onkyo TX-RZ820 $499 2 hdmi-out130W
Onkyo TX-NR686 $334 2 hdmi-out 100W

Please could help me?
By the way, if you have another receiver until $500, please could you indicate?

Thanks a lot,
Cristiano.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-01-2019, 09:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano Carvalho View Post
Hello friends,
I don't know almost anything about home sound, and would like a help to choose a good receiver for my setup.
I probably will buy Polk Signature S20 and S30 and Polk PSW505 sub. The other speakers, probably will be in-ceiling because the space in my apartment.
I would like and setup with 2 hdmi outs... and checking some receivers, i do not understood if it will play my speakers.
Speakers Recommended Amplifier Power 20 - 125 Watts/Channel
But for example Denon AVR-S740H is 75w per channel, so will it don't play my speakers at full?
By the way, I selected some others that could be interesting for me, 2 hdmi setup: (prices at amazon for reference only)
Sony STR-DN1080 $448 2 hdmi-out 130W
Denon AVR-S740H $349 1 video 75W
Onkyo TX-RZ820 $499 2 hdmi-out130W
Onkyo TX-NR686 $334 2 hdmi-out 100W

Please could help me?
By the way, if you have another receiver until $500, please could you indicate?

Thanks a lot,
Cristiano.
the receiver's output does not have to match the speakers as long as it is over the speakers minimum, and not over the speakers maximum. you just don't want to pair a wimpy receiver/amplifier with power hungry/ inefficient speakers, or vice-versa.

why 2 HDMI outs? are you going to run a projector?

as for other recievers the Denon s940 or x2400 both have dual HDMI outs

Main: Sony XBR75900E, Denon AVR-x4400, Denon POA-5200 (L/R(a) Goldenear supersat 60, (b)FW Boston acoustic Bravo 2. C Goldenear supersat 60C,
SSR DIYSG Volt 6v2. RSS Volt 6, Atmos(.4) Boston acoustics soundware XS
HSU research ULS -15, Episode ES-IW-Dual 8 / Monitor audio IWA 250 amp 2nd Rm: Visio E55, Denon avr730H, Boston Acoustics CR8, cr400 sub.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-02-2019, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsabom View Post
the receiver's output does not have to match the speakers as long as it is over the speakers minimum, and not over the speakers maximum. you just don't want to pair a wimpy receiver/amplifier with power hungry/ inefficient speakers, or vice-versa.

why 2 HDMI outs? are you going to run a projector?

as for other recievers the Denon s940 or x2400 both have dual HDMI outs
Hi, I want 2 HDMI outs, to use for 2 TV's, one in the main room and the other in the gourmet balscony. So the idea, is be possible use the 2 TV's at the same time, for example KIDS use the video game or watch a movie in the main room and I play show videos in the other TV. So, a 5.2.1 in the main room and some speakers in the gourmed balcony.

Thanks for the indication, I check these receivers too. By the way, Denon and Sony are better than Onkyo?

About the speakers, sorry but I still not understanding, if my speaker needs 125w per channel, using it in one of this Denon that has 95W for example, will it not use the speaker at maximum? is it? If I choose another receiver that is 130w per channel, I can not use it in the maximum volume, because my speakers are at maximum 125w, and can be damaged. is it?

Thank you again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-02-2019, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 2049 Post(s)
Liked: 1376
If you plan to watch separate sources on two TV's then you need a higher up TV than the s940 or x2400. Those will only play the same source in both rooms.

You'll need the Denon x3400 or higher to play separate HDMI sources in two rooms. the Onkyo RZ820, 830 or higher will allow this also, not the nr686.

Apparently the Sony 1080 also has dual zone HDMI switching too.

Afro GT
post #5 of 5 Old 07-03-2019, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
If you plan to watch separate sources on two TV's then you need a higher up TV than the s940 or x2400. Those will only play the same source in both rooms.

You'll need the Denon x3400 or higher to play separate HDMI sources in two rooms. the Onkyo RZ820, 830 or higher will allow this also, not the nr686.

Apparently the Sony 1080 also has dual zone HDMI switching too.
Thank you so much. Now I understood.
Regards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page