Home Remodel - Need help with planning - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-17-2019, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Home Remodel - Need help with planning

We are starting a full remodel and would like to wire the house for sounds. Unfortunately the more research I do the more confused I get. Initially I wanted to try and do the house with one receiver but I appears I may be out of luck due to the cost of the receiver. I want to be able to control the entire thing with my phone. Here's an overview of what I am trying to accomplish.

Living room
5 ceiling speakers (Polk or Klipsch)

1 Sub - Would like this mounted in the wall if possible. I'm having trouble finding a 12 to 15 inch sub. I have about 7-8 inches behind the wall to use. Was hoping that would be enough
Television - This will be connected to the receiver
Music - I'm assuming I should be able to play music through this with no issue
Center channel - Do I need a specific speaker or can I use the same speaker i'm using throughout the house?

Kitchen
2 Speakers - Would like to be able to play music with the living room speakers or without the living room speakers

Courtyard

2 Speakers - Would like to be able to play music with the indoor speakers at the same time or individually

Backyard
3 Speakers- Would like to be able to play music with the indoor speakers at the same time or individually

Any information is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-17-2019, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 260
what is your budget?

Check out https://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/...oom-audio.html

or

https://www.htd.com/

most receivers these days are "networked" with an ethernet connection and come with an ap fo r your phone / tablet. most manufacturers have a closed system: Denon = HEOS, Yamaha = Musicast, pio/onk/int = Play-fi /chromecast. there are others, including the above.

There is also Sonos, which is mostly wireless.,

RE: in ceiling for the 5.1..most, many, here will counsel against that. so you may want to reconsider.

an in wall sub you may also want to reconsider. the "best" ones have facing drivers that cancel out vibrations. check out: https://www.paradigm.com/en/in-wall-subwoofers/rvc-12sq

I have one installed. I have it turned down. If I set it to the proper volume as per Audessey, then the walls rattle like hell if I turn it up. The only reason it is still in place is that I don't want to repair the drywall.

read up, ask questions.

good luck

Main: Sony XBR75900E, Denon AVR-x4400, Denon POA-5200 (L/R(a) Goldenear supersat 60, (b)FW Boston acoustic Bravo 2. C Goldenear supersat 60C,
SSR DIYSG Volt 6v2. RSS Volt 6, Atmos(.4) Boston acoustics soundware XS
HSU research ULS -15, Episode ES-IW-Dual 8 / Monitor audio IWA 250 amp 2nd Rm: Visio E55, Denon avr730H, Boston Acoustics CR8, cr400 sub.

Last edited by smithsabom; 07-17-2019 at 08:18 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-17-2019, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into the 5.1 ceiling. Thought that was a good route.

Trying to keep it under 3k for the whole thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-17-2019, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Coulter View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into the 5.1 ceiling. Thought that was a good route.

Trying to keep it under 3k for the whole thing.
no problem. you have ample budget to get something you and your family will enjoy for years. The more time and effort you put into research and planning, the better your experience should be.

looks like you'll have 4 zones. many mid-tier receivers will come with capability for 3. ( Denon 4400 for example) you can add the 4th zone via the wireless system. and/or via the "B" terminals of an outboard zone amp like the audiosource amp100VS / AD1002 ( class D version). it will be tied to whichever zone you connect the amp to, but it is another way to do it.

Main: Sony XBR75900E, Denon AVR-x4400, Denon POA-5200 (L/R(a) Goldenear supersat 60, (b)FW Boston acoustic Bravo 2. C Goldenear supersat 60C,
SSR DIYSG Volt 6v2. RSS Volt 6, Atmos(.4) Boston acoustics soundware XS
HSU research ULS -15, Episode ES-IW-Dual 8 / Monitor audio IWA 250 amp 2nd Rm: Visio E55, Denon avr730H, Boston Acoustics CR8, cr400 sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page