• 4 Post By Rex Anderson
  • 1 Post By dlinsley

post #1 of 13 Old 07-18-2019, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Question Bryston Amp repair?

Anyone care to weigh in on Bryston's repair services? I found a great deal on a lexicon 225, a rebadged 4b st pro, at guitar center of all places.

I spoke with them about the amp and it turns out it doesnt turn on, example of why GC isnt suppoed to take in used amps.

Anyways talking to them more and they are going to send it to bryston for repair, big plus there, and I plan on having bryston restore the amp while they have it.

the arrangement is nice, but Im curious what experiences people have had with sending in equipment for repair?

System: Cambridge 851A, Revel M126be, SVS SB2000, Cambridge DACMAGIC 100, JVC XL-Z1050TN, Rega RP6, Vincent PHO-8. A bunch of monster power conditioning junk V: Samsung NU8000, Nvidia Shield TV
hipped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-18-2019, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Bryson is a Canadian company...so I'm sure they'll be nice about it...lol

Sorry I just couldn't resist...
Locoliberty and 18Hurts like this.

Orotund Desert Theater:14'x20'x10',100amp service, JVC RS620, 120" AT screen, Carada Masquerade Masking, OPPO-203 & Panny ub820, Anthem AVM60, Simaudio Moon Titan 7&5 channel amplifiers, ACInfinity Fans, L&R Polk SDA SRStl Fully built, CC 2 Polk RTA15tl in Custom cabinets Fully build, SS-BS DT BPXV, 4 Atmos DT SM 450's, Subs-Rythmik FV25HP front 2 HSU VTF-MK5-HP back, 2 Rows of 3 Seatcraft Excalibur Lx Seats and more.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-18-2019, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locoliberty View Post
Anyone care to weigh in on Bryston's repair services? I found a great deal on a lexicon 225, a rebadged 4b st pro, at guitar center of all places.

I spoke with them about the amp and it turns out it doesn't turn on, example of why GC isn't supposed to take in used amps.

Anyways talking to them more and they are going to send it to Bryston for repair, big plus there, and I plan on having Bryston restore the amp while they have it.

the arrangement is nice, but I'm curious what experiences people have had with sending in equipment for repair?

I've used Bryston for three decades both as a pro recording and live sound engineer and for my home stereo and surround audio systems. I have had to have more than a few things repaired over the course of 30 years using their equipment. First, the amps have a 20 year warranty. You pay to ship it to them, they repair and update it to current spec under warranty and pay to ship it back to you. Amazing warranty and excellent customer service.

And, I've never had a problem with any repairs. Really an excellent company and products all around.

Last edited by Rex Anderson; 07-18-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 07-18-2019, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Great to hear! Really looking forward to getting my new setup going, even if ill be eating ramen noodles for a while haha!

System: Cambridge 851A, Revel M126be, SVS SB2000, Cambridge DACMAGIC 100, JVC XL-Z1050TN, Rega RP6, Vincent PHO-8. A bunch of monster power conditioning junk V: Samsung NU8000, Nvidia Shield TV
hipped
post #5 of 13 Old 07-19-2019, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Anderson View Post
I've used Bryston for three decades both as a pro recording and live sound engineer and for my home stereo and surround audio systems. I have had to have more than a few things repaired over the course of 30 years using their equipment. First, the amps have a 20 year warranty. You pay to ship it to them, they repair and update it to current spec under warranty and pay to ship it back to you. Amazing warranty and excellent customer service.

And, I've never had a problem with any repairs. Really an excellent company and products all around.
How long have your wait times been between them getting the amp and it being sent back, as far as you can remember?

My amp is going out monday, and ive had shops take 3days to 3 months. Id rather not hear the later.

hipped
post #6 of 13 Old 07-19-2019, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Quote:
How long have your wait times been between them getting the amp and it being sent back, as far as you can remember?

My amp is going out monday, and ive had shops take 3days to 3 months. Id rather not hear the later.

Bryston represents the best source for a time estimate.
post #7 of 13 Old 07-19-2019, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 1125
Quote:

It's been awhile since I had to send anything in, but I rarely waited for more than a few weeks. The amps are usually fast, the processor may take more time. Call Bryston for info, they are very friendly and helpful.
post #8 of 13 Old 07-19-2019, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Anderson View Post
First, the amps have a 20 year warranty. You pay to ship it to them, they repair and update it to current spec under warranty and pay to ship it back to you. Amazing warranty and excellent customer service.
Just wondering for any future purchase, I knew about their 20 year warranty for their own products but is that also true where they are the OEM? Or would a Lexicon be subject to Lexicon/Harman warranty for x years and then subject to repair charges from Bryston outside of that?
post #9 of 13 Old 07-19-2019, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlinsley View Post
Just wondering for any future purchase, I knew about their 20 year warranty for their own products but is that also true where they are the OEM? Or would a Lexicon be subject to Lexicon/Harman warranty for x years and then subject to repair charges from Bryston outside of that?
I have a Lexicon amp made by Bryston but it only had a 5 year warranty. I had a problem once and sent it to Bryston in MA or VT ( can’t remember which). Great service but wasn’t cheap to ship a 5 channel amp. Heavy as hell. Didn’t feel comfortable taking account the individual channel to ship by itself.
post #10 of 13 Old 07-19-2019, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Bryson are very good of taking care of folks. Give them a ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Projector: LG PF1500W; Receiver: Sony STR-DN1080; Speakers: Monitor Audio Controlled Performance Inwalls and Inceilings; Subwoofer(s): SVS PC-2000; Bluray Player: Sony BDP-S6500; Remote: Roomie Remote; Cables: Monoprice
post #11 of 13 Old 07-19-2019, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 717 Post(s)
Liked: 4472
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlinsley View Post
Bryston isn't an OEM company. On the back of my amp it says Made in Peterborough Ontario Canada. Audio Circle Forum has an active Bryston thread. James Tanner one of the executives at Bryston answers the questions. I went on their thread a few years back and mentioned I just purchased a 2.5 SST2 amp and was waiting for it to arrive in a few weeks. I was not complaining but he answered me back and asked who my dealer was and I had the amp in three days. A very responsive company.
post #12 of 13 Old 07-19-2019, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
Bryston isn't an OEM company.
They are not an OEM when it comes to their own branded amps, but the OP said this was a Lexicon made by Bryston.
Locoliberty likes this.
post #13 of 13 Old 07-29-2019, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Confirmed with the US Vermont repair location on friday. Current lead time, arrival to return is about 3 weeks. He said its about 2 weeks until he can quote a repair, and once it is quoted and approved only a few days to repair assuming nothing needs to be special ordered.

hipped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page