AVS Forum Special Member
Join Date: Dec 2015
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3213 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Viper5121
Please recommend a $2000 or less amplifier for my new 3.1 home theater Klipsch/Paradigm/Anthem setup.
Here's my setup:
- 2 Klipsch Cornwall III speakers (to use as left and right channels)
- 1 Klipsch Heresy III speaker (to use as a center channel)
- 1 Paradigm Defiance X15 subwoofer
- 1 Anthem MRX 720 Receiver
- 1 LG C8 65" OLED 4K HDR Dolby Atmos Smart TV
Any responses will be appreciated.
Those speakers are very efficient and are 8ohms so will be easy to drive. The MRX 720 is a flagship AVR with good power supplies that could easily drive those speakers so loud you could hear them 3 blocks down the street. With a sub in play and an 80hz crossover, your AVR will be cruising along since it's being relieved from playing the power draining low end. I don't think you need a power amp. Get a 2nd X15 sub instead.
Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.