Marantz PM6006 & Dynaudio Emit M10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By yodog
  • 1 Post By pase22

post #1 of 3 Old 07-25-2019, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Marantz PM6006 & Dynaudio Emit M10

Hey everyone.

Does anyone have any experience with this amp & speaker combination? Does the amp provide enough power for the speakers without losing quality and damaging speakers? Any first hand experience appreciated.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-25-2019, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I can’t say I’ve tried the combo you’re asking but I have tried the Dynaudio Emit M10s powered by a Marantz NR1609 without issues. I even had a SVS ultra center channel being powered simultaneously as well and with the addition of the third speaker, only then did the music really started sounding 2 dimensional and flat. But no distortion or damage but again I was careful not to turn it up too loud.

I do have to say, considering the receiver I used didn’t have any of the fancy bs HDAM or fancy jitter clock thing or 32 bit up mixing DAC, it sounded quite amazing. What really saved the sound quality was making sure to fully isolate your receiver/integrated amp, and if any of your speaker cables or power cables are pressed against a back wall or any object with a decent amount of pressure, be sure to use something like sorbothane or special audio/acoustic isolation solutions otherwise you may run into the issue I was having which was “my music sounds like crap, yet I don’t know why and it sounded fine yesterday with the exact same settings.”

Hope this helps.

Btw keep the systems OHM setting at the default 8 ohms. Changing it to 6 did not help SQ at all.
starblazer likes this.

Do it all or don't do it at all.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-26-2019, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 3339 Post(s)
Liked: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by starblazer View Post
Hey everyone.

Does anyone have any experience with this amp & speaker combination? Does the amp provide enough power for the speakers without losing quality and damaging speakers? Any first hand experience appreciated.

Thank you!
Depends on your listening habits, but should provide enough power for moderate listening levels. If you can step up to the PM 8006 or NAD C 368, you get a little more oomph, especially if you're running the speakers full range. Both The PM 8006 & nad have HT bypass which could be useful should you want to expand and need an AVR or independent pre-amp.
starblazer likes this.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: Kef Q100 ,JBL Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page