Never again will I buy a Denon product - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 226Likes

post #211 of 237 Old 08-02-2019, 08:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2013 Post(s)
Liked: 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbuddy View Post
If you can't afford to replace the item after the warranty expires, consider buying an extended warranty next time. No one is going to guarantee you an electronic device will work forever, that's just not how the world works. These are not hammers where you can sell them with a lifetime warranty and still make money. I guess you could keep shaking your fist at the clouds too, whatever floats your boat.
Wow. Again, 5 years old, perfectly reasonable to expect it to be repairable.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 237 Old 08-02-2019, 08:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbuddy View Post
Wahhhhhhh, I demand free return shipping! I demand the manufacturer keep parts in stock forever! Gimme gimme gimme!

Sure sounds entitled to me.
5 years isn't forever. Forever, by definition, is infinitely longer than five years.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #213 of 237 Old 08-02-2019, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogonzalezzz View Post
you heard?
personal attack?
ok
your post is embarrasing
op created a thread, i oppose his view
op wants free money
No, what's embarrassing is people defending a company not able to repair a 5 year old product.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 237 Old 08-02-2019, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
you heard?
personal attack?
ok
your post is embarrasing
op created a thread, i oppose his view
op wants free money
Forget where you called the op an entitled brat, child? That is kind of personal. And embarrassing for you, that is if you have any dignity. Don't know though, maybe you find being rude and dismissive as positive attributes. Most don't.

Oh, one more thing. You might want to read the thread before casting judgement on the OP. He never asked for free money. Oops. guess you missed that. LOL
drh3b and JPbuckwalter like this.
post #215 of 237 Old 08-03-2019, 09:18 AM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 585 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
pip already put you in your place.

this is getting amusing now.

in the USA.... most electronic products have whats called a manufacturers warranty.

most credit cards extend said manufacturers warranty 1 or 2 years (costco citi card 2 years). (op didnt even know this)

Op's denon crashed after manufacturers warranty expired (hopefully he has called his credit card by now to see if warranty was extended)

when op called Denon, he didnt even ask if there would be a return shipping charge, nor if they can fix it. i would have had at least 10 questions.
he wasnt prepared at all because he EXPECTED free money, he lost.

Caesar = entitled brat, child.
Please read the last sentence of my response to Caesar. I actually think Caesar's post was one of the most enlightening in the whole thread -- or at least it should be -- especially to all of the corporate apologists. Instead of being livid that Caesar doesn't know, and can't possibly imagine, what a total cluster**** customer and product support is in the US, you should be angry, ten times angrier, that the US is the only place that allows companies to beat the crap out of customers and to not have any responsibility for design and manufacturing errors they created.

As an example, Denon has a chronic issue where the entire display of certain AVR models goes totally black due to the faulty design of a specialized 20-cent soldered-in fuse. When the display goes black, and it will on those models, the AVR is useless because you literally can't see anything that is happening. If that happens after the warranty, you are screwed -- the AVR is unusable and you have no recourse. That abandonment for a company's own errors cannot happen in most places outside the US because companies are actually held responsible for design issues they create. Only in the US can they totally absolve themselves from any responsibility for their own errors.

All of the corporate apologists' anger is severly misplaced. The only reason the US is ****ed on support is because we are the only country that literally allows companies to write the laws. It's not your fault that corporations write the laws, but you should recognize that is a severe problem, and the problem in this case, and that this problem is unique to the US. The corporate apologists are a significant part of the problem by being cheerleaders for the indefensible.

PS: Your characterization of the OP's situation is inaccurate.

Last edited by pjp; 08-03-2019 at 01:02 PM.
post #216 of 237 Old 08-03-2019, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 5
For any current Denon owners (like me) that find themselves in need of a repair (like me), be advised that Panurgy is NOT the ONLY Authorized Service Center for Denon. Yes, Denon describes them as one of only two "National Service Centers", they have other "Regional" and "Authorized" Service Centers throughout the US. Denon does not make this easy to find if you're looking on their website. I found out via a link in an email from Denon after I called to obtain authorization to send my AVR in on a warranty claim (which I don't think I needed to do anyway).

I dropped it off today (Saturday!) at an independent Sales & Service shop. A bit over a two hour round-trip for me, but I saved on the cost, hassle & risk of shipping. I was told they typically have a three week turn-around time, but they are a little slower than usual so hopefully it'll be sooner. Clearly driving to the service center is not an option for everyone, but you still have the option of what company to deal with. Looking at online reviews for Panurgy I was absolutely dreading having to deal with them.

Link to map listing centers:
http://rn.dmglobal.com/usmodel/Denon..._7-11-2019.pdf
post #217 of 237 Old 08-03-2019, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_nj View Post
For any current Denon owners (like me) that find themselves in need of a repair (like me), be advised that Panurgy is NOT the ONLY Authorized Service Center for Denon. Yes, Denon describes them as one of only two "National Service Centers", they have other "Regional" and "Authorized" Service Centers throughout the US. Denon does not make this easy to find if you're looking on their website. I found out via a link in an email from Denon after I called to obtain authorization to send my AVR in on a warranty claim (which I don't think I needed to do anyway).

I dropped it off today (Saturday!) at an independent Sales & Service shop. A bit over a two hour round-trip for me, but I saved on the cost, hassle & risk of shipping. I was told they typically have a three week turn-around time, but they are a little slower than usual so hopefully it'll be sooner. Clearly driving to the service center is not an option for everyone, but you still have the option of what company to deal with. Looking at online reviews for Panurgy I was absolutely dreading having to deal with them.

Great point about shipping & driving to the service center...
Just consider the rough handling by UPS and FED-EX even if the unit is packed well...
More technical issues may develop which just further complicates troubleshooting the AVR and correcting the issues.

Just my $0.02...
post #218 of 237 Old 08-03-2019, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_nj View Post

The local Denon expert, JDsmoothie recommends this one:
United Radio
5717 Enterprise Pkwy
East Syracuse , NY 13057
Tel.: (315) 446-8700

It's apparently the main one. I sent an x4300h from Saint Louis, and including shipping, got it back, fixed in about two weeks under warranty.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #219 of 237 Old 08-04-2019, 06:54 AM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
i am mind boggled you expect Denon to fix a 2014 avr, that is now out of warranty, at their expense.
The problem with your post above, and your response last night (that presumably a mod deleted), is that you keep twisting the facts to fabricate a entitlement story that doesn't exist. Your quoted post above could not be less accurate.

Nowhere did he suggest that he wanted anything for free. The only thing he said was that he thought return shipment was included in the diagnostic fee. Even then, he didn't demand free return shipping. There was nothing he expected for free.

He is pissed off because Denon told him to send it in for service knowing it was out of warranty and that parts weren't available for it. They should have warned him strongly before he ever sent it in that there was a good chance parts weren't available. If they would have done that, he would not have sent it in. Denon, knowing parts weren't available, and that it would be extremely wasteful for a customer to ship both ways for no repair, should have given him a list of regional repair centers, where he could drop it off, instead of directing him to ship it to their national repair center. You think he should have asked "do you have parts for it?". When somebody tells you to ship it in for repair, and the unit is only 4 years old, it doesn't really occur to you to ask if they had parts for it. It's their obligation to warn you of that as part of the support call.

He is also pissed off because they charged him $65 for a diagnostic, but they didn't give him any diagnostic results. They told him they don't have the part, but they won't provide a part number to him, and yet they are telling him they can't fix it because "the part" isn't available. Do you not see the issue with this? If they provided him with the failed part number, then he would at least get some value out of the $65 because then he could find the part and save on the diagnostic process at a local repair shop. They charged him for a diagnostic and he didn't get one. He isn't even complaining that badly about the diagnostic, which he should because it was a total ripoff with no information in addition to being a lie (We can't fix it because we don't have the part, but we can't tell you which part is broken). Him not challenging the diagnostic fee is the exact opposite of acting "entitled" -- they probably didn't even do a diagnostic.

He is pissed off because he would have never sent it in if Denon had warned him appropriately, they charged him for a diagnostic he didn't receive, and their cost to ship back is $15 more than he paid to ship it there. With the volume discounts the repair center gets on shipping (they ship out a ton of equipment every day), Denon's cost to ship back is probably $30. There is nothing wrong with markup on return shipping when you actually fix the AVR, but when it's Denon's fault that they can't fix it, and they knew parts weren't available before the OP spent $210 in total to get nothing done and no information, they should do return shipping at cost.

Your comment quoted at the top of this post that he "expects Denon to fix a 2014 avr, that is now out of warranty, at their expense" is totally inaccurate -- he expected to pay for everything. He just didn't expect to pay $210 for nothing being fixed, and no diagnostic information, and he is justifiably upset about that.

Also, it's not for you to dictate which thread he posts it in. I know you want it buried in a generic Denon thread so it gets lost in thousands of posts, but most of us are happy he didn't because we would have never seen the thread otherwise and we are all smarter because of it. If you ever need to have your Denon serviced, you will be much smarter about what to do also, thanks to the OP.

Last edited by pjp; 08-04-2019 at 07:53 AM.
post #220 of 237 Old 08-04-2019, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjp View Post

The problem with your post above, and your response last night (that presumably a mod deleted), is that you keep twisting the facts to fabricate a entitlement story that doesn't exist. Your quoted post above could not be less accurate.

Nowhere did he suggest that he wanted anything for free. The only thing he said was that he thought return shipment was included in the diagnostic fee. Even then, he didn't demand free return shipping. There was nothing he expected for free.

He is pissed off because Denon told him to send it in for service knowing it was out of warranty and that parts weren't available for it. They should have warned him strongly before he ever sent it in that there was a good chance parts weren't available. If they would have done that, he would not have sent it in. Denon, knowing parts weren't available, and that it would be extremely wasteful for a customer to ship both ways for no repair, should have given him a list of regional repair centers, where he could drop it off, instead of directing him to ship it to their national repair center. You think he should have asked "do you have parts for it?". When somebody tells you to ship it in for repair, and the unit is only 4 years old, it doesn't really occur to you to ask if they had parts for it. It's their obligation to warn you of that as part of the support call.

He is also pissed off because they charged him $65 for a diagnostic, but they didn't give him any diagnostic results. They told him they don't have the part, but they won't provide a part number to him, and yet they are telling him they can't fix it because "the part" isn't available. Do you not see the issue with this? If they provided him with the failed part number, then he would at least get some value out of the $65 because then he could find the part and save on the diagnostic process at a local repair shop. They charged him for a diagnostic and he didn't get one. He isn't even complaining that badly about the diagnostic, which he should because it was a total ripoff with no information in addition to being a lie (We can't fix it because we don't have the part, but we can't tell you which part is broken). Him not challenging the diagnostic fee is the exact opposite of acting "entitled" -- they probably didn't even do a diagnostic.

He is pissed off because he would have never sent it in if Denon had warned him appropriately, they charged him for a diagnostic he didn't receive, and their cost to ship back is $15 more than he paid to ship it there. With the volume discounts the repair center gets on shipping (they ship out a ton of equipment every day), Denon's cost to ship back is probably $30. There is nothing wrong with markup on return shipping when you actually fix the AVR, but when it's Denon's fault that they can't fix it, and they knew parts weren't available before the OP spent $210 in total to get nothing done and no information, they should do return shipping at cost.

Your comment quoted at the top of this post that he "expects Denon to fix a 2014 avr, that is now out of warranty, at their expense" is totally inaccurate -- he expected to pay for everything. He just didn't expect to pay $210 for nothing being fixed, and no diagnostic information, and he is justifiably upset about that.

Also, it's not for you to dictate which thread he posts it in. I know you want it buried in a generic Denon thread so it gets lost in thousands of posts, but most of us are happy he didn't because we would have never seen the thread otherwise and we are all smarter because of it. If you ever need to have your Denon serviced, you will be much smarter about what to do also, thanks to the OP.

Well summarized pjp. Hopefully it puts this to rest.
post #221 of 237 Old 08-04-2019, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 721
This thread has gone in multiple directions...
But there are some key points to draw from & keep in mind when purchasing an AVR..
  • Buy a reliable brand
  • Confirm up front the seller is authorized
  • Make sure U confirm the brand/product's warranty policy
  • If there is problem who/where does 1 contact?
  • If an AVR is required to be sent to a warranty service center, who pays the freight?
  • If it is projected and/or expected that the AVR will be kept for >years beyond the warranty period, consider an extended warranty

Just my $0.02....
mike1sc likes this.
post #222 of 237 Old 08-04-2019, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgiastic View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you know of anyone who has actually made use of a credit card warranty?
American Express came through for me twice in past 5-6 years when needed. First time when HP laptop died (18 months old, 1 yr manufacturer's warranty, 2nd year courtesy of AmEx). Took it to BB, they provided an estimate, sent off to AmEx along with their required forms, paid for repair with card and credit appeared following month. Again earlier this year with a Samsung refrigerator when ice maker failed after about 23 1/2 months (again, 1yr manufacturer's warranty, 2nd year with Amex. Same procedure as first time, this time with Samsung service center.
pjp and morgiastic like this.

Vizio E-701i, Denon X4500H, Crown XLS-1502, Polk Monitor 70s, Polk CS2 II, Polk T15s, Klipsch RIC-65, Tivo Roamio OTA, LG BD570, Fire TV 1, Fire TV Stick 4K, XBox 360, Harmony Smart Control
post #223 of 237 Old 08-04-2019, 04:08 PM

Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulano View Post
American Express came through for me twice in past 5-6 years when needed. First time when HP laptop died (18 months old, 1 yr manufacturer's warranty, 2nd year courtesy of AmEx). Took it to BB, they provided an estimate, sent off to AmEx along with their required forms, paid for repair with card and credit appeared following month. Again earlier this year with a Samsung refrigerator when ice maker failed after about 23 1/2 months (again, 1yr manufacturer's warranty, 2nd year with Amex. Same procedure as first time, this time with Samsung service center.
Cool. Thanks for the reply.
Morgan
post #224 of 237 Old 08-04-2019, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 652 Post(s)
Liked: 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgiastic View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you know of anyone who has actually made use of a credit card warranty? I pretty much pay for everything with a credit card, but never had a problem in a time period where that warranty would apply. I've gotten the impression that it not so easy to actually get anything out of them, but I've never actually heard from anyone who has tried.
Morgan
Yes, I used it last year for the first time. Pleasantly surprised, it was hassle-free.
morgiastic likes this.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
post #225 of 237 Old 08-04-2019, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjp View Post

did you even read the thread? he didnt ask if return shipping was free nor if they could fix it etc. etc. all details have been discussed.

you read one or two posts and came up with assumptions. because you are lazy and feel entitled, like the op does.

yesterday i ordered an amp. they dont have long shelf life like speakers.
it includes a 2 year warranty.
i ordered it with my costco visa card, which extends the warranty another 2 years.
so i have 4 years to enjoy my new amp.
if the amp fails after that? i dont expect much.
post #226 of 237 Old 08-04-2019, 07:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
did you even read the thread? he didnt ask if return shipping was free nor if they could fix it etc. etc. all details have been discussed.

you read one or two posts and came up with assumptions. because you are lazy and feel entitled, like the op does.

i ordered it with my costco visa card, which extends the warranty another 2 years.
You should. His 5 year old approx $1500 receiver should be repairable AT A COST. That's what service centers are there for.
And actually, amps are known to last for decades. And in any case, you ordered an incredibly cheap amp barely above $100, a lot more disposable price wise. Nice to know that potentially losing $139 isn't going to bother you. Less than he was charged to be told sorry we can't/won't help you.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!

Last edited by drh3b; 08-04-2019 at 07:32 PM.
post #227 of 237 Old 08-04-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
You should. His 5 year old approx $1500 receiver should be repairable AT A COST. That's what service centers are there for.
And actually, amps are known to last for decades. And in any case, you ordered an incredibly cheap amp barely above $100, a lot more disposable price wise. Nice to know that potentially losing $139 isn't going to bother you. Less than he was charged to be told sorry we can't/won't help you.

do you know of any other Denon AVR 4100 horror stories like the op's? or Denon avrs in particular? please post a link
this is the first one ive seen on this forum

i suspect he is not sharing all the particulars. maybe its not repairable?

i am absolutely sure he probably didnt use cooling fans, and it malfunctioned, or he dropped it, and it malfunctioned, or something else, user error.
op wants free money.

Last edited by mariogonzalezzz; 08-04-2019 at 07:46 PM.
post #228 of 237 Old 08-04-2019, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
do you know of any other Denon AVR 4100 horror stories like the op's? or Denon avrs in particular? please post a link
this is the first one ive seen on this forum

i suspect he is not sharing all the particulars. maybe its not repairable?

i am absolutely sure he probably didnt use cooling fans, and it malfunctioned, or he dropped it, and it malfunctioned, or something else, user error.
op wants free money.
You're missing the point. It is an expensive, 5 year old piece of electronics, it should be repairable at a PRICE. It's not. He never expected it to be free. He's pissed because he spent over $200 to be told to basically f off. And, I actually do believe him, because the reason my x4300h was repaired under warranty is that the network/usb card went bad. It's not an uncommon problem. Neither are HDMI issues, which I believe was the other thing he mentioned.
Just the fact that they don't have the part anymore probably points them using them all up on previous receivers, so it's probably even a known issue, which they should have told him upfront, and told him upfront they don't have the part.

Btw, I have a Denon now, and if I get a replacement, it will be another Denon probably, unless I am able to get something with Dirac. Unfortunately, this is probably how most electronics are dealt with these days. Totally disposable, even most high end ones.
mike1sc likes this.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #229 of 237 Old 08-04-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
You're missing the point. It is an expensive, 5 year old piece of electronics, it should be repairable at a PRICE. It's not. He never expected it to be free. He's pissed because he spent over $200 to be told to basically f off. And, I actually do believe him, because the reason my x4300h was repaired under warranty is that the network/usb card went bad. It's not an uncommon problem. Neither are HDMI issues, which I believe was the other thing he mentioned.
Just the fact that they don't have the part anymore probably points them using them all up on previous receivers, so it's probably even a known issue, which they should have told him upfront, and told him upfront they don't have the part.

Btw, I have a Denon now, and if I get a replacement, it will be another Denon probably, unless I am able to get something with Dirac. Unfortunately, this is probably how most electronics are dealt with these days. Totally disposable, even most high end ones.

using all the parts on previous recievers? you cant be serious. and again, he wasnt prepared when he called. he didnt ask............... anything
where are the other denon 4100 malfunctioned they cant fix it, wont pay return shipping etc threads, on any forum (or any othe denon avr)? about this "probable known issue"? just post one link. id appreciate it. thanks
you are inventing excuses for him
warranty expired, period.

Last edited by mariogonzalezzz; 08-04-2019 at 08:21 PM.
post #230 of 237 Old 08-04-2019, 08:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
using all the parts on previous recievers? you cant be serious. and again, he wasnt prepared when he called. he didnt ask............... anything
where are the other denon 4100 malfunctioned they cant fix it, wont pay return shipping etc threads, on any forum (or any othe denon avr)? about this "probable known issue"? just post one link. id appreciate it. thanks
you are inventing excuses for him
warranty expired, period.
Ridiculous.
I have seen several mentions of network problems in the Denon threads, plus my own personal experience. You're just an apologist. No, I'm not wasting my time looking them up, facts are clearly not important to you as you have ignored them several times in this thread.
You want it both ways. There is no problem, yet if there is one you shouldn't expect service.
pjp and morgiastic like this.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!

Last edited by drh3b; 08-04-2019 at 09:22 PM.
post #231 of 237 Old 08-05-2019, 12:51 PM

Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panson View Post
Yes, I used it last year for the first time. Pleasantly surprised, it was hassle-free.
Sounds good. Seems like they are more useful than I was lead to believe,
Thanks,
Morgan.
Panson likes this.
post #232 of 237 Old 08-06-2019, 05:44 AM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You are confusing warranty with serviceability. Nowhere has he requested free warranty service, he simply wanted to pay to have it fixed so he doesn't have to throw away a $1500 component. Do you really think that serviceability expectations for a $139 amp and a $1500 AVR should be the same?

Quote:
I think my summary makes it very clear that I read the entire thread. You have twisted fragments of the story and ignored many important elements to try to fabricate an entitlement story that does not exist.

Quote:
did you even read the thread? he didnt ask if return shipping was free
I addressed the shipping in the 2nd paragraph of my post. He still never asked for free shipping, he is just pissed off at the $210 "all in" cost that he could have avoided completely if Denon had advised him that parts weren't available before he sent it in.

Quote:
nor if they could fix it etc. etc. all details have been discussed.
It is not his job to interrogate Denon service under a bright light about their ability to fix it. That is an insane expectation. If Denon says to send it in for repairs, without any warning about availability of parts, there is no reason interrogate them -- it is Denon's obligation to inform him of all risks and all costs. Even return shipping they should have advised about clearly without him having to ask. It's Denon's service, it's their obligation to inform the customer of all costs and risks.

Since you like to ignore facts, some questions for you:

1. What are your thoughts about the value he received from the $65 diagnostic where they charged him but provided no information at all about what had failed?

2. What is your explanation of them saying they can't service it because "the part" is not available, yet they can't tell him what the part number is. Do you not see an issue with that? Would you find that an acceptable response for $210 spent?

3. As another poster has said, it is the USB/Network card that has to be replaced (his was done under warranty), what are the chances that they didn't know they didn't have the part before he sent it in?

4. What are your thoughts about Denon not suggesting taking it to a regional repair facility given the likelihood of the their inability to service it? That discussion would have also resulted in them clarifying the return costs from the national center.

5. In Europe and other places in the world, they will fix the unit for a much longer period of time than the warranty for design/manufacturing defects -- how is Denon magically able to have parts available in Europe and not in the US? Why do you think the situation is so bad in the US?
drh3b and Panson like this.

Last edited by pjp; 08-06-2019 at 10:46 AM.
post #233 of 237 Old 08-06-2019, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 3391 Post(s)
Liked: 4084
pjp and CaptinCrunch like this.
post #234 of 237 Old 08-06-2019, 06:27 AM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
Agree, but the horse keeps getting back up
post #235 of 237 Old 08-06-2019, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
Spoiler!

The horse was asking for it. Demanding, it really. And, to be fair, the horse likes it.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #236 of 237 Old 08-07-2019, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
The horse was asking for it. Demanding, it really. And, to be fair, the horse likes it.
He must really like it, or better yet, loves to argue.

Vizio M70-D3 TV, Denon X4300H AVR w/AC Infinity Fan, Emotiva XPA-3 Gen3 Amp, LG UBK90 4K w/DV, Samsung K8500 4K, Klipsch RP280F (2), RP450C Center, RP250 Surrounds (4), Atmos RP140SA (2), R12SW Subs (2), S-10 Surrounds (using as rear heights) (2), Apple TV 4K, Nvidia Shield 4K, Roku Ultra 4K, Amazon Fire TV Box. Currently running a 9.2.2 setup.
post #237 of 237 Old 08-27-2019, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked: 872
Know the Warranty Laws in YOUR State

Here is link to California Warranty Law.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...r=1.&article=3.

Note that in California, for electronics or appliances that cost $100 or more, a manufacturer has to maintain service literature and parts availability for seven years after the product requiring service was sold.

It is unlikely that many manufacturers provide notice of these protections.

The overall point here is not to provide an overview of California laws, but to suggest that a member who requires warranty service or service in general for a product should investigate the laws in their state. The manufacturer of your equipment is unlikely to hold your hand and guide you to laws that will cost the manufacturer money.

Last edited by bigguyca; 08-27-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page