Lyngdorf Announces A Native 16 Channel MP-60 (CEDIA 2019): October 2019 Shipment. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #1 of 40 Old 09-06-2019, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1227 Post(s)
Liked: 1836
Lyngdorf Announces A Native 16 Channel MP-60 (CEDIA 2019): October 2019 Shipment.

I just got this (Lyngdorf Dealers just received this info):

Lyngdorf Audio's newest processor launches at CEDIA EXPO 2019

Introducing the newest processor from Lyngdorf Audio: the MP-60 immersive sound processor. The MP-60 will be unveiled next week at CEDIA Expo in Denver and will be available for live demos at Booth #3030 throughout the show. The MP-60 will begin shipping in October. Links to full specs and fact sheet are included below, but here are some highlights:
• New HDMI 2.0b board capable of supporting video resolutions up to [email protected] : YCbCr 4:2:2 (4:4:4/RGB), 600MHz with Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG on all inputs and outputs (18 Gbps).
Decodes up to 16 native audio channels, which allows for introducing support of DTS:X® Pro as well as DOLBY ATMOS®, AURO 3D®, and legacy formats.
• Optional DCI-compliant AES67 input/output board as well as an optional DCI-compliant AES3: DB 25 input and/or output board option for integration with digital cinema servers and other third-party products.
Roon Endpoint (awaiting certification)
• Main output can receive eArc (Enhanced Audio Return), which allows for an Atmos encoded bitstream returned from the TV as well as dynamic Lip-Sync.
• HDMI matrix switch routes any of the 8 HDMI inputs to any of the 2 HDMI outputs or the HDBaseT output.

Press kit
• Pictures
• Fact sheet
• Technical drawings

Steve (Owner) Sound Video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 09-06-2019, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

As a side note, the MP-50 users will be able to upgrade their video board for $1300 \ EXCLUDING tax (but the price includes shipping). Details below. With all that said, I predict my customers will trade in their MP-50's for a MP-60. The list price of the MP-60 has not been released. I'm going to call to see if I can get a USD estimate and post accordingly.

Here are those upgrade details:
MP-50 HDMI Upgrade Program

The MP-50 processor will continue to be offered until current stock is sold through. For new and existing MP-50 owners, there is an upgrade program available to change over to the new 2.0b HDMI board, which is standard in the new MP-60 processor. With this upgrade, the MP-50 will support video resolutions up to [email protected] : YCbCr 4:2:2, 600MHz with Dolby Vision on all inputs and outputs (18 Gbps).

The upgrade process
Pre-orders for upgrades begin today. Upgrades will occur 10/1/19 – 3/31/20.
• All upgrades are completed at the factory with an estimated one-week turn-around.
• Please ship processor in original packaging to avoid risk of damage during transit, which may prevent us from performing the upgrade.
Please note: the upgrade requires a full disassembly of the processor, as the HDMI board and the rear and base plates of the processor must be replaced to fit the new board. The processor will be returned with all settings at factory defaults, so remember to keep a back-up for easy re-installation. After the upgrade, the MP-50 will no longer have a built-in video scaler, nor will it be able to show on-screen information (selection of inputs, post-processing, etc.). This information will be displayed only on the product display, in the Installer Menu, and through the Remote application.

Prices for upgrade
9/6/19 – 9/30/19 Discounted Price for September
• $1,300 (excluding tax). Price includes round trip shipping.
• Orders must be placed with RMA and funded before 9/30/19 even if the processor is returned at a later date.

10/1/19 – 3/31/20
• $1,695 (excluding VAT) plus shipping fee of $150.

Last edited by SteveH; 09-20-2019 at 02:46 PM.
post #3 of 40 Old 09-06-2019, 05:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Finally, as advertised.
Decision time approaching.

Enjoy the show.

Theater: Lyngdorf MP-50 7.3.4, Sony VW675ES, Revel Ultima Salon2/Voice2/Gem2(4)/Paradigm Be Atmos (4), Mark Levinson amps (53 L/R, 532 Center biamped, 531H side/surrounds), Atmos amp: Sherbourn, Oppo 203, Roku Ultra Premier+, DTV 4k, Velodyne 1812 Signature (LFE), Velodyne DD-15.
FR: Marantz 8802A (and/or 7703), Sony XBR 4k TV, Meridian A350 LCR onwall, Dali in-wall surrounds, Atmos Martin Logan in-ceiling, REL sub, Oppo 105 (and/or 103), DTV, AppleTV, Sony 4k Media Server.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 Old 09-06-2019, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by normandia View Post
Finally, as advertised.
Decision time approaching.

Enjoy the show.
They will be showing the MP-60 at CEDIA. I've got an appointment with the factory reps so I'll learn more. But I just found out USA retail will be $12,500. There will also be some digital upgrade boards available for $1K more or $13K list. I'm not sure if the optional "DCI-compliant AES67 input/output board as well as an optional DCI-compliant AES3: DB 25 input and/or output board option for integration with digital cinema servers and other third-party products" is all included for $1K or pick one or the other. I'll know more soon.

Last edited by SteveH; 09-20-2019 at 02:47 PM.
post #5 of 40 Old 09-06-2019, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2010 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Steve,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Links to full specs and fact sheet are included below...

I don't see any links.

Rich at AVForums mentioned it would have Active Bass Control; any more info on that?

Noah
post #6 of 40 Old 09-06-2019, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Steve,
They state, "After the upgrade, the MP-50 will no longer have a built-in video scaler, ..."

Some questions for your visit or perhaps I am just confused as one takes a scaler for granted.

Does this imply a simple video pass through?
How does one match the video output settings to match the display? without simultaneously restricting the input settings?

How does one adjust for different video input settings for each HDMI source?

I just don't quite understand what not having an internal video scaler implies other than one might require an external one or else one might need to adjust all HDMI inputs to a single value that matches the output setting. Recall that with projectors of different capabilities this seems confusing, but perhaps not.

Theater: Lyngdorf MP-50 7.3.4, Sony VW675ES, Revel Ultima Salon2/Voice2/Gem2(4)/Paradigm Be Atmos (4), Mark Levinson amps (53 L/R, 532 Center biamped, 531H side/surrounds), Atmos amp: Sherbourn, Oppo 203, Roku Ultra Premier+, DTV 4k, Velodyne 1812 Signature (LFE), Velodyne DD-15.
FR: Marantz 8802A (and/or 7703), Sony XBR 4k TV, Meridian A350 LCR onwall, Dali in-wall surrounds, Atmos Martin Logan in-ceiling, REL sub, Oppo 105 (and/or 103), DTV, AppleTV, Sony 4k Media Server.
post #7 of 40 Old 09-06-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
How does one match the video output settings to match the display?

My system is relatively simple, but I make the desired resolution settings on my ATV and disc player, so I prefer the pre/pro to do as little video processing as possible.

Noah

Last edited by noah katz; 09-06-2019 at 11:07 AM.
post #8 of 40 Old 09-06-2019, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
I just got this (Lyngdorf Dealers just received this info):

Lyngdorf Audio's newest processor launches at CEDIA EXPO 2019

Introducing the newest processor from Lyngdorf Audio: the MP-60 immersive sound processor. The MP-60 will be unveiled next week at CEDIA Expo in Denver and will be available for live demos at Booth #3030 throughout the show. The MP-60 will begin shipping in October. Links to full specs and fact sheet are included below, but here are some highlights:
• New HDMI 2.0b board capable of supporting video resolutions up to [email protected] : YCbCr 4:2:2 (4:4:4/RGB), 600MHz with Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG on all inputs and outputs (18 Gbps).
Decodes up to 16 native audio channels, which allows for introducing support of DTS:X® Pro as well as DOLBY ATMOS®, AURO 3D®, and legacy formats.
• Optional DCI-compliant AES67 input/output board as well as an optional DCI-compliant AES3: DB 25 input and/or output board option for integration with digital cinema servers and other third-party products.
Roon Endpoint (awaiting certification)
• Main output can receive eArc (Enhanced Audio Return), which allows for an Atmos encoded bitstream returned from the TV as well as dynamic Lip-Sync.
• HDMI matrix switch routes any of the 8 HDMI inputs to any of the 2 HDMI outputs or the HDBaseT output.

Press kit
• Pictures
• Fact sheet
• Technical drawings

Steinway Lyngdorf P300 and Lyngdorf MP60 announced.
16 Discrete Channels
DTS:X Pro
HDMI 2.0b
Dolby Vision
Active Bass Control
Roon Endpoint

What is Active Bass control ?
Will the MP50 also receive it as part of the card upgrade?

Thank you

Yoav
BassMojo likes this.

Last edited by Yoav; 09-07-2019 at 12:26 AM.
post #9 of 40 Old 09-07-2019, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Not too sure about this upgrade. The loss of the OSD makes me think it may be a better use of funds to save the upgrade $$ and buy the upcoming MADVR envy or a Lumagen and use that for video switching.
post #10 of 40 Old 09-07-2019, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by malba2366 View Post
Not too sure about this upgrade. The loss of the OSD makes me think it may be a better use of funds to save the upgrade $$ and buy the upcoming MADVR envy or a Lumagen and use that for video switching.
I operate the device with the help of the app / web so I don't really mind that there is no OSD
post #11 of 40 Old 09-07-2019, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1117 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Some AES67 board chat...

https://www.avforums.com/threads/lyn...80956/page-310

Last edited by G-Rex; 09-07-2019 at 05:04 PM.
post #12 of 40 Old 09-08-2019, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Steve,
They state, "After the upgrade, the MP-50 will no longer have a built-in video scaler, ..."

Some questions for your visit or perhaps I am just confused as one takes a scaler for granted.

Does this imply a simple video pass through?
How does one match the video output settings to match the display? without simultaneously restricting the input settings?

How does one adjust for different video input settings for each HDMI source?

I just don't quite understand what not having an internal video scaler implies other than one might require an external one or else one might need to adjust all HDMI inputs to a single value that matches the output setting. Recall that with projectors of different capabilities this seems confusing, but perhaps not.

While in Denver at CEDIA next week, I will ask engineering these questions. I have several more questions that I'm interested in hearing about.

post #13 of 40 Old 09-09-2019, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 372

Lyngdorf MP-60 Surround Sound Processor

The MP-60 surround sound processor from Lyngdorf Audio is built for the demanding audiophile, who requires the ul- timate performance in immersive formats as well as stereo.

Together with the Steinway Lyngdorf version, Model P300, the MP-60 is developed at the group headquarter in Skive, Denmark and it is equipped with all the advanced tech- nologies for which Lyngdorf Audio is known, including the renowned room correction system, RoomPerfectTM and the unsurpassed qualities in digital signal processing.

STATE-OF-THE-ART HDMI PROCESSING
The MP-60 features decoding and balanced outputs for 16 audio channels, with an extraordinary ease in installation and daily use. With 8 HDMI inputs and 3 outputs (one being HDBaseT) this new masterpiece from Lyngdorf Audio now supports the HDMI 2.1 features eARC, Dynamic Lip-Sync and QMS (Quick Media Switching) as well as the latest decoding and post-processing formats.

Now with full 16 channel decoding the MP-60 offers
full support of the immersive surround formats DOLBY ATMOS®, DTS:X® PRO and AURO-3D®, and it delivers a surround sound experience that outmatches anything in and above its class.

Allowing a video throughput of up to 18 Gbps the MP-60 now supports the full 4K 60Hz video stream including the passing of HDR or Dolby Vision information.

eARC will allow for a full Dolby Atmos audio bitstream be- ing ‘returned’ to the processor from the television allowing for full audio quality from the TV’s built-in media players. The MP-60 of course also supports the pass-through of the new HDR format for streaming video: HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma).

FLEXIBILITY IN INSTALLATION
With its visual speaker layout, the setup menu will enable everybody to have the optimal processor setup for their speaker system, and with the features like the HDBaseTTM connector, you can easily connect to a projector in the ceiling with uncompressed full HD digital video, audio.

3 optional modules allow for digital connection to DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) movie servers, an AES67 com- pliant audio system or digitally to active loudspeakers or amplifiers with digital input.

Multiple control options will allow you to integrate the MP- 60 with control systems, IR sensors, and triggers, whereas the IP-control or the RF remote will offer a direct control of all features.

MEDIA PLAYER
The MP-60 features a built-in media player, which connects to Spotify and Roon as well as internet radio. Through a cabled network or USB connector, you can access your library of music and enjoy it in stereo or as up-mixed to a surround sound format.

SPECIFICATIONS

Description: Surround sound processor

Decoding: Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Digital, EX & Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X PRO, DTS ES Discrete 6.1, DTS ES Matrix 6.1, DTS 96/24, DTS-HD High Res. Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio

Post procession options: Dolby Surround, AURO-MATIC®, DTS VIRTUAL:X

Audio inputs: 8 x HDMITM (≤192kHz/24bit), 1 x AES/EBU S/P-DIF input (≤192kHz/24bit), 3 x S/P-DIF coaxial inputs (≤192kHz/24bit), 4 x S/P-DIF optical inputs (≤96Hz/24bit), 1 x USB audio input (≤384kHz/32bit), 1 x microphone input (XLR) for RoomPerfectTM

Audio outputs: 16 x XLR analog outputs (5.0 Vrms), 1 x SPDIF coax digital ZONE output (Fix 96kHz/24bit)

Audio specifications: Frequency response: ±0,5dB from 20 to 20,000 Hz, Total harmonic distortion: 0.005% max from 20 to 20,000 Hz

EQ: RoomPerfectTM, Subwoofer level assistant, 32 x adjustable voicings holding ≤8 shelving, high/low pass or parametric filters with adjustable gain and Q

Media player: Internet radio (vTuner), Airplay, Spotify Connect, Roon Endpoint (awaiting certification), DLNA Support of FAT32 based media storage

Video inputs: 8 x HDMITM (2.0b - HDCP 2.2), accepts 3D 30Hz, 4K 60Hz (18 Gbps), aceepts HDR, Dolby Vision and HLG

Video outputs: 2 x HDMITM (HDCP 2.2), 1 x HDBaseTTM

Video scaling: Upscaling of all video to 4K ultra high definition, No downscaling of 4K video

Control interfaces: 1 x DB9 RS232 connector, 2 x IR sensor inputs, 1 x IR output (loop from one of the sensor inputs), 1 x trigger input, 4 x trigger outputs, 1 x RJ45 ethernet LAN connector, 2 x USB A connectors, 1 x SD card slot , (Backup - storage for system software and settings)

Accessories included: RoomPerfectTM microphone, Microphone stand, Microphone cable, RF remote control

Optional module: 16 channel DCI-compliant digital AES/EBU input for movie servers (≤192kHz/32bit) / DB25), 16 channel digital AES/EBU speaker output channels (Fix 97,565kHz/24bit / DB25), 16 channel AES67 digital AES/EBU speaker output channels (Fix 48kHz/24bit / RJ45)

Placement options: Rack mount or freestanding

Dimensions (H x W x D): 147 x 450 x 370 mm 5.8 x 17.7 x 14.6 inches

Weight: 9 kg / 19 lb

Finish: Matte Black

Item no.: 900010510

Source: https://lyngdorf.com/mp-60/

Last edited by BassMojo; 09-09-2019 at 10:23 PM.
post #14 of 40 Old 09-10-2019, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 7259 Post(s)
Liked: 6294
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMojo View Post
Their fact sheet could use a couple of small updates. In the description it says full support for Auro3D but in the specs Auro3D is not listed under decoding (though Auro-Matic is listed as a post processing option). They also forgot to list DTS Neural:X under post processing.
BassMojo likes this.

Sanjay
post #15 of 40 Old 09-10-2019, 10:18 AM

^^^
Hopefully Lyngdorf will update their marketing collateral.
post #16 of 40 Old 09-10-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMojo View Post
...Now with full 16 channel decoding the MP-60 offers
full support of the immersive surround formats DOLBY ATMOS®, DTS:X® PRO...

I thought DTS:X PRO wasn't even out yet.

Then again, the MP-60 might not be available until it is.
BassMojo likes this.

Noah
post #17 of 40 Old 09-10-2019, 11:43 AM

^^^
I believe that you are correct. I'm thinking that they are announcing that the MP-60 will be able to handle the new format when it's released.
post #18 of 40 Old 09-10-2019, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Shame the mic input is dead center on the back. I would prefer it behind a hidden panel on the front.
bigguyca likes this.
post #19 of 40 Old 09-11-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post
Shame the mic input is dead center on the back. I would prefer it behind a hidden panel on the front.

I agree, that's very inconvenient.
bigguyca likes this.

Noah
post #20 of 40 Old 09-11-2019, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
I agree, that's very inconvenient.
It's really not inconvenient for most people, especially considering how infrequently you need to run RC. If it's a big deal, just keep an XLR extension cable connected and route it somewhere in the cabinet etc... I do this with an HDMI cable as well.

Net result is exactly the same as having (ugly) ports on the front.
noah katz and Marc Alexander like this.

Lyngdorf MP-50 | Yamaha MX-A5200 | Ascend Sierra Towers | Ascend Sierra Horizon | Ascend Sierra Lunas | Ascend HTM-200SE | SVS SB-13 x4
post #21 of 40 Old 09-11-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckymomo View Post
If it's a big deal, just keep an XLR extension cable connected and route it somewhere in the cabinet etc...

Good idea.

Noah
post #22 of 40 Old 09-11-2019, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post
When I was playing with the 50 I just left the mic connected and coiled it up under my rack for when I wanted to re-run a set of measurements, but an extension might be worth it anyway as I wasn't easily able to reach the back of my room with the supplied cable length.

B.
post #23 of 40 Old 09-12-2019, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 49
what is the MSRP of the MP60?

So far i see that it is pretty much the same as an MP50 with HDMI upgrade. Hopefully the price point is not too far off a new MP50 plus video upgrade.
ripclawsa and Spizz like this.

See Profile
post #24 of 40 Old 09-15-2019, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Is there any confirmation of this? Have there been any other changes to the MP60 besides the hdmi board?
post #25 of 40 Old 09-20-2019, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post

So far i see that it is pretty much the same as an MP50 with HDMI upgrade. Hopefully the price point is not too far off a new MP50 plus video upgrade.
The retail is officially $12,500. I've placed my order for the 1st batch. Estimated delivery time is "about a month".
Reddig and BassMojo like this.

post #26 of 40 Old 09-20-2019, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 1050
Ive heard some great things about the RoomPerfect auto EQ.

JBL Pro/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Monoprice/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest/Roku
post #27 of 40 Old 09-20-2019, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unhappy

Well in Europe, Germany, the MSRP for the MP-50 was 12.000 EUR.
The MP-60 will be 14.400 EUR... which is actually damn close to the Altitude 16 price (~14.800 EUR w/o 3D mic, ~15.600 EUR with the 3D mic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post

post #28 of 40 Old 09-20-2019, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by malba2366 View Post
Is there any confirmation of this? Have there been any other changes to the MP60 besides the hdmi board?
The MP-60 features full 16 channel decoding.
The MP-50 has 'only' 12 unique channels, the 4 additional outputs can be used for subs or matrixed channels.
post #29 of 40 Old 09-20-2019, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by meinkino View Post
Well in Europe, Germany, the MSRP for the MP-50 was 12.000 EUR.
The MP-60 will be 14.400 EUR... which is actually damn close to the Altitude 16 price (~14.800 EUR w/o 3D mic, ~15.600 EUR with the 3D mic).
At 14000 EUR it would cost less to buy in the US and ship it

Mike Miles
[email protected]
post #30 of 40 Old 09-21-2019, 03:41 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post
At 14000 EUR it would cost less to buy in the US and ship it
Are there any online shops in the US where Lyngdorf gear can be purchased?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page