AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Receivers, Amps, and Processors (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/)
-   -   Yamaha A750 receiver - Internet connection problem (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3090922-yamaha-a750-receiver-internet-connection-problem.html)

BobbyTX 09-15-2019 09:46 AM

Yamaha A750 receiver - Internet connection problem
 
Hi everyone, I'm hoping for some help with a problem my previously flawless A750 developed yesterday. It thinks it's connected to my home network, but is not visible to, nor can it see, any of the other components. This happens on both Wifi and wired connections. It can see the router and manually 'connect' to it from its perspective using the access key, but none of the other network devices know that it exists after doing this.

I also tried disabling DHCP and assigning several different static IP addresses (again, over both wired and wifi), but with no success.

Does anyone have experience of a similar problem and/or tips to resolve it? Suddenly I'm unable to stream my music collection off a NAS to the receiver, which is a big loss.

pase22 09-15-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyTX (Post 58560600)
Hi everyone, I'm hoping for some help with a problem my previously flawless A750 developed yesterday. It thinks it's connected to my home network, but is not visible to, nor can it see, any of the other components. This happens on both Wifi and wired connections. It can see the router and manually 'connect' to it from its perspective using the access key, but none of the other network devices know that it exists after doing this.

I also tried disabling DHCP and assigning several different static IP addresses (again, over both wired and wifi), but with no success.

Does anyone have experience of a similar problem and/or tips to resolve it? Suddenly I'm unable to stream my music collection off a NAS to the receiver, which is a big loss.

Have you tried re-booting the router and/or modem?

BobbyTX 09-15-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pase22 (Post 58560864)
Have you tried re-booting the router and/or modem?

I did, but no dice there either, unfortunately. I haven't been able to find any similar issues online; failing to stay connected is far more common. Any ideas on what might have caused it?

pase22 09-15-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyTX (Post 58561140)
I did, but no dice there either, unfortunately. I haven't been able to find any similar issues online; failing to stay connected is far more common. Any ideas on what might have caused it?

Did you run any updates? Check the network settings in the AVR menu. If still no go, try re-installing the router.

BobbyTX 09-15-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pase22 (Post 58561258)
Did you run any updates? Check the network settings in the AVR menu. If still no go, try re-installing the router.

Like I said, the receiver thinks it's fine and connected to the network (over wifi, it can successfully search for my network SSID, it just isn't actually connected when it thinks it is). Updating both router and modem has done nothing.

I also reset the firmware on the receiver, to no effect (last available is 2.58, I believe Yamaha don't allow users to return to earlier versions). Impossible to update the firmware to the latest version, 2.65; of course it can't be done over internet, and the BIN file I downloaded from the Yamaha website and put on a USB stick is unreadable when that stick is plugged into the receiver's USB port.

pase22 09-15-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyTX (Post 58561378)
Like I said, the receiver thinks it's fine and connected to the network (over wifi, it can successfully search for my network SSID, it just isn't actually connected when it thinks it is). Updating both router and modem has done nothing.

I also reset the firmware on the receiver, to no effect (last available is 2.58, I believe Yamaha don't allow users to return to earlier versions). Impossible to update the firmware to the latest version, 2.65; of course it can't be done over internet, and the BIN file I downloaded from the Yamaha website and put on a USB stick is unreadable when that stick is plugged into the receiver's USB port.

Could be the WI-FI adapter in the AVR. Are all your other devices able to connect?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.