Yamaha A750 receiver - Internet connection problem - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-15-2019, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yamaha A750 receiver - Internet connection problem

Hi everyone, I'm hoping for some help with a problem my previously flawless A750 developed yesterday. It thinks it's connected to my home network, but is not visible to, nor can it see, any of the other components. This happens on both Wifi and wired connections. It can see the router and manually 'connect' to it from its perspective using the access key, but none of the other network devices know that it exists after doing this.

I also tried disabling DHCP and assigning several different static IP addresses (again, over both wired and wifi), but with no success.

Does anyone have experience of a similar problem and/or tips to resolve it? Suddenly I'm unable to stream my music collection off a NAS to the receiver, which is a big loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-15-2019, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 3352 Post(s)
Liked: 2827
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyTX View Post
Hi everyone, I'm hoping for some help with a problem my previously flawless A750 developed yesterday. It thinks it's connected to my home network, but is not visible to, nor can it see, any of the other components. This happens on both Wifi and wired connections. It can see the router and manually 'connect' to it from its perspective using the access key, but none of the other network devices know that it exists after doing this.

I also tried disabling DHCP and assigning several different static IP addresses (again, over both wired and wifi), but with no success.

Does anyone have experience of a similar problem and/or tips to resolve it? Suddenly I'm unable to stream my music collection off a NAS to the receiver, which is a big loss.
Have you tried re-booting the router and/or modem?

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: Kef Q100 ,JBL Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-15-2019, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pase22 View Post
Have you tried re-booting the router and/or modem?
I did, but no dice there either, unfortunately. I haven't been able to find any similar issues online; failing to stay connected is far more common. Any ideas on what might have caused it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-15-2019, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I did, but no dice there either, unfortunately. I haven't been able to find any similar issues online; failing to stay connected is far more common. Any ideas on what might have caused it?
Did you run any updates? Check the network settings in the AVR menu. If still no go, try re-installing the router.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: Kef Q100 ,JBL Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-15-2019, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pase22 View Post
Did you run any updates? Check the network settings in the AVR menu. If still no go, try re-installing the router.
Like I said, the receiver thinks it's fine and connected to the network (over wifi, it can successfully search for my network SSID, it just isn't actually connected when it thinks it is). Updating both router and modem has done nothing.

I also reset the firmware on the receiver, to no effect (last available is 2.58, I believe Yamaha don't allow users to return to earlier versions). Impossible to update the firmware to the latest version, 2.65; of course it can't be done over internet, and the BIN file I downloaded from the Yamaha website and put on a USB stick is unreadable when that stick is plugged into the receiver's USB port.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-15-2019, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Like I said, the receiver thinks it's fine and connected to the network (over wifi, it can successfully search for my network SSID, it just isn't actually connected when it thinks it is). Updating both router and modem has done nothing.

I also reset the firmware on the receiver, to no effect (last available is 2.58, I believe Yamaha don't allow users to return to earlier versions). Impossible to update the firmware to the latest version, 2.65; of course it can't be done over internet, and the BIN file I downloaded from the Yamaha website and put on a USB stick is unreadable when that stick is plugged into the receiver's USB port.
Could be the WI-FI adapter in the AVR. Are all your other devices able to connect?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page