Looking for receiver and setup thoughts - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ardothewan

post #1 of 4 Old 10-09-2019, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looking for receiver and setup thoughts

Ok so I currently have:
Denon AVR 2113ci
Ascend CMT-340SE fronts
CMT-340SE center
CBM-170 surrounds
HSU STF-1 Sub
5.1 setup with the front's bi-amped

I'm moving into a house that has 4 ceiling speakers, and 2 speakers outside in the patio ceiling. Of the 4 ceiling speakers, 2 are in position to use with the home theater and 2 are out of position just to be used for music and stuff (for example 1 random speaker in the kitchen).

I was thinking of getting a AVR-X3600H to run the 5.1.2 and possibly bi-amping the front again. Would it be possible for me to use my AVR 2113ci to drive the other 2 speakers in the house and the 2 in the balcony? Like if I used the pre-out's from the X3600H from the zone 2? Or should I get an amp?

I was also considering the AVR-X4500H but it seems the 3600 is a newer model and has a bit more of the latest tech stuff like app control, just a bit less power. I guess the 4500 also has a zone 3 capability.

Will also probably just upgrade all my speakers/subwoofers as well sooner or later.

Thanks all!
darfnader likes this.

Last edited by Ardothewan; 10-10-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-09-2019, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to darfnader Send a message via Skype™ to darfnader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardothewan View Post
Ok so I currently have:

Denon AVR 2113ci

Ascend CMT-340SE fronts

CMT-340SE center

CBM-170 surrounds

HSU STF-1 Sub

5.1 setup with the front's bi-amped

I'm moving into a house that has 4 ceiling speakers and 2 (maybe 4) speakers outside in the patio ceiling. Of the 4 ceiling speakers, 2 are in position to use with the home theater and 2 are out of position just to be used for music and stuff (for example 1 random speaker in the kitchen).

I was thinking of getting a AVR-X3600H to run the 5.1.2 and possibly bi-amping the front again. Would it be possible for me to use my AVR 2113ci to drive the other 2 speakers in the house and the 2 in the balcony? Like if I used the pre-out's from the X3600H from the zone 2? Or should I get an amp?

I was also considering the AVR-X4500H but it seems the 3600 is a newer model and has a bit more of the latest tech stuff like app control, just a bit less power. I guess the 4500 also has a zone 3 capability.

Will also probably just upgrade all my speakers/subwoofers as well sooner or later.

Thanks all!

Just a heads up: I’m not familiar with the nuances of the Denon AVRs, but one problem I discovered with my multi-zone receiver (Pioneer SC-99) is that only digital sources work outside the main zone. This was a hard bummer when I wanted to play a record.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-09-2019, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Good to know, but I don't have any non digital sources anyway so it's all good. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-09-2019, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to darfnader Send a message via Skype™ to darfnader
Sounds like an interesting project. I am planning a loft -> bedroom conversion and I’m trying to learn as much as I can so I can make the right choices with flush mounts (space considerations- I always prefer cabinet speakers) as well as when bi-amping is the right call. Hopefully people will more experience than I will respond!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page