Denon x3600h vs Marantz SR7013 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 10-14-2019, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Denon x3600h vs Marantz SR7013

Hi new here to the site and real surround, I just woundrig which of those to receivers I should buy, the marantz is a bit cheaper(because of sale) but a bit older, but then again it's an higher tier of receiver.

Right now it's only for an 4.1 setup, but I only have it set for 2.1, but I have planed an 7.1.4 or mainly just some hight speakers.

My fronts are buchardt S400, and my sub is an svs pc 2000, rear/side are micca covo-s.

It's for an 100" projector in an living room environment, so I guess roomeq is important.

Hope I placed this in the right category.
Martin Jakobsen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 10-14-2019, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,252
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Marantz SR7013. The Marantz has some upgraded circuitry that should be just a tad better than the Denon.
cocrh is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 10-14-2019, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks, there aren't any usefull features the 3600h can that the 7013 cant?

I just got the 3600 recommended by a friend, but the 7013 seems a better value now that it does have a stronger amp, and a bit cheaper.
Martin Jakobsen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 Old 10-14-2019, 10:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bobknavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Danbury, CT, USA
Posts: 4,773
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2414 Post(s)
Liked: 1713
The 3600 is a 2019 model. The SR7013 is a 2018 model. In terms of basic quality, I'd compare the 3600 more to the SR6013.

Price discussion isn't allowed here, but I'm surprised that you can get a 7013 for less than an AVR-X3600H. (I'm thinking of Amazon prices.) If you can, the 7013 would be preferable. It's more of a tossup if you refer to the SR6013.

The main thing I don't like about the 6013 is the "porthole" display. The 7013 has a larger display, hidden behind the drop-down door on the front of the unit.
bobknavs is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 10-15-2019, 03:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,358
Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22771 Post(s)
Liked: 12419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Jakobsen View Post
Thanks, there aren't any usefull features the 3600h can that the 7013 cant?

I just got the 3600 recommended by a friend, but the 7013 seems a better value now that it does have a stronger amp, and a bit cheaper.
Review post 1 of the 2019 Denon AVR Owner's thread to learn what new features are provided on the 2019 X3600H that are not found on the 2018 Denon/Marantz models (ie. SR7013).

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...sts-1-8-a.html
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 10-15-2019, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lemonslush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 1,927
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Review post 1 of the 2019 Denon AVR Owner's thread to learn what new features are provided on the 2019 X3600H that are not found on the 2018 Denon/Marantz models (ie. SR7013).

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...sts-1-8-a.html
where is the Marantz SR7013 cheaper?

"we need more power" - My Wife.

Theater Build Thread - Wartooth
lemonslush is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 10-15-2019, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
It's an Danish site, so I don't think it's relevant for you guys, but I will link it anyway 🙂

https://hifi-freaks.dk/marantz-sr7013.html
Martin Jakobsen is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 10-15-2019, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
The 3600 is a 2019 model. The SR7013 is a 2018 model. In terms of basic quality, I'd compare the 3600 more to the SR6013.

Price discussion isn't allowed here, but I'm surprised that you can get a 7013 for less than an AVR-X3600H. (I'm thinking of Amazon prices.) If you can, the 7013 would be preferable. It's more of a tossup if you refer to the SR6013.

The main thing I don't like about the 6013 is the "porthole" display. The 7013 has a larger display, hidden behind the drop-down door on the front of the unit.
I think that price is an important part of choosing your receiver, strange that it's not allowed 😞

Mainly i just want the best about 10k ddk≈ 1.500$
Martin Jakobsen is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 10-15-2019, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eriksells916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 1,219
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 208
@martinJakobsen as others have said here, if you can get the 7013 for less then do it. It has a little more power, zone 3 preouts and has full 7.1 preins for sacd music playback too.

Good luck!
eriksells916 is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 10-15-2019, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksells916 View Post
@martinJakobsen as others have said here, if you can get the 7013 for less then do it. It has a little more power, zone 3 preouts and has full 7.1 preins for sacd music playback too.

Good luck!
That's also what I can read, that was also my first intention, I just wanted to make sure, so now I'm just waiting for friday to get my paycheck and maybe an spray bottle because they don't have it in black 🙂
Martin Jakobsen is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 10-15-2019, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Naylia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Jakobsen View Post
It's an Danish site, so I don't think it's relevant for you guys, but I will link it anyway 🙂

https://hifi-freaks.dk/marantz-sr7013.html
Is VAT baked in to that pricing? And if so, how much do you usually pay in VAT, 22%? I'll be flying through CPH in a couple weeks if this stays on sale

Home Theater - Video: Sony KDL-55W800B - Audio - 7.2 - AVR: Denon 2809CI, Left/Right: Paradigm Prestige 95F; Center: Paradigm Prestige 45C; Surrounds: Sonance IS4; Subwoofers: Paradigm RVC-12SQ with X850 Amplifier - Upgrade in Progress!
Naylia is online now  
post #12 of 16 Old 10-15-2019, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Jakobsen View Post
It's an Danish site, so I don't think it's relevant for you guys, but I will link it anyway 🙂

https://hifi-freaks.dk/marantz-sr7013.html
Is VAT baked in to that pricing? And if so, how much do you usually pay in VAT, 22%? I'll be flying through CPH in a couple weeks if this stays on sale [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Vat in Denmark is 25% and they have to list the price with vat.

But bigbrother takes well over 50% of my paycheck, God bless welfare 😞
Martin Jakobsen is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 10-20-2019, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Naylia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Jakobsen View Post
Vat in Denmark is 25% and they have to list the price with vat.

But bigbrother takes well over 50% of my paycheck, God bless welfare 😞
Sadly they have a 230V version for Europe and it's not a single global version I'm hoping we get the same discounting here in the US with the new version release. Apparently similar prices for the 7000 series have happened around Black Friday in the past.

Home Theater - Video: Sony KDL-55W800B - Audio - 7.2 - AVR: Denon 2809CI, Left/Right: Paradigm Prestige 95F; Center: Paradigm Prestige 45C; Surrounds: Sonance IS4; Subwoofers: Paradigm RVC-12SQ with X850 Amplifier - Upgrade in Progress!
Naylia is online now  
post #14 of 16 Old 10-23-2019, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Jakobsen View Post
Vat in Denmark is 25% and they have to list the price with vat.

But bigbrother takes well over 50% of my paycheck, God bless welfare 😞
Sadly they have a 230V version for Europe and it's not a single global version [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG] I'm hoping we get the same discounting here in the US with the new version release. Apparently similar prices for the 7000 series have happened around Black Friday in the past.
Strange, electronics are usually much more expensive here in Denmark, than they are over in NA, but my plan was to wait until black friday, so I hope it comes on sale again at that time 🙂

Don't you have 3 phaced in USA to make 240v 😂👌🔥

***This thread can be considered as closed***
Martin Jakobsen is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 10-23-2019, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Naylia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Jakobsen View Post
Strange, electronics are usually much more expensive here in Denmark, than they are over in NA, but my plan was to wait until black friday, so I hope it comes on sale again at that time 🙂

Don't you have 3 phaced in USA to make 240v 😂👌🔥

***This thread can be considered as closed***
We have 220, but the plug is massive and usually reserved for things like your oven or dryer.

Home Theater - Video: Sony KDL-55W800B - Audio - 7.2 - AVR: Denon 2809CI, Left/Right: Paradigm Prestige 95F; Center: Paradigm Prestige 45C; Surrounds: Sonance IS4; Subwoofers: Paradigm RVC-12SQ with X850 Amplifier - Upgrade in Progress!
Naylia is online now  
post #16 of 16 Old 10-25-2019, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Jakobsen View Post
Strange, electronics are usually much more expensive here in Denmark, than they are over in NA, but my plan was to wait until black friday, so I hope it comes on sale again at that time 🙂

Don't you have 3 phaced in USA to make 240v 😂👌🔥

***This thread can be considered as closed***
We have 220, but the plug is massive and usually reserved for things like your oven or dryer.
Yeah we have 400v for ovens and **** and 690v for serious things.

But you guys need some thicc cables for power hungry equipment 😂
Martin Jakobsen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off