What should I pay for an Anthem 520 or 720 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bill-99

post #1 of 3 Old 10-19-2019, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What should I pay for an Anthem 520 or 720

Not asking price since that's forbidden, but appreciate insights in terms of discount %
I don't want to low ball dealers, so need some guidance on what I can quote/negotiate down to.

I can't seem to find any used Anthem 520/720 MRXs!! They must be really popular
Should I just wait for another trade-in deal from Anthems. I missed the last one

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-22-2019, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 870 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaudio View Post
Not asking price since that's forbidden, but appreciate insights in terms of discount %
I don't want to low ball dealers, so need some guidance on what I can quote/negotiate down to.

I can't seem to find any used Anthem 520/720 MRXs!! They must be really popular
Should I just wait for another trade-in deal from Anthems. I missed the last one

Thanks
You might ask an Anthem dealer locally or online about that. Good AV dealers understand that people wait for sales on really expensive gear. Guessing they'd be happy to get the sale, hence have an interest in helping you.

Anthem gear does show up in the used market from time to time. Sometimes b-stock shows up on eBay. Check the seller... sometimes it's Anthem!
iaudio likes this.

post #3 of 3 Old 10-22-2019, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-99 View Post
You might ask an Anthem dealer locally or online about that. Good AV dealers understand that people wait for sales on really expensive gear. Guessing they'd be happy to get the sale, hence have an interest in helping you.

Anthem gear does show up in the used market from time to time. Sometimes b-stock shows up on eBay. Check the seller... sometimes it's Anthem!
Thanks. I did get some from the dealer. Wen for the MRX 720s!!

BTW, Anthem gave me a pretty cold response - I expressed my interest through inquiry around trade-ins and they simply said 'no, no trade-in offers available'. Didn't quite entertain or bother to find out my interest or proactively offer any deals. Its not like they absolutely should have etc, but when you hear so much good about their receivers (put it this way, i've never heard anything bad abt the MRXs), you tend to think they'd be more appreciative of the inquiry. Anyways, not a big deal - they at least have good dealers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page