Time to replace my hafler DH220 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-22-2019, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Time to replace my hafler DH220

I went out and I spent too much repairing it a few years back. It's gone out again and I just can't see spending more money on it. It's just driving the subwoofers these days. I'm looking for something that would be a comparable replacement. I want the absolute control, precision, and power that the Hafler offered. It will be driving a pair of Boston acoustic pro 10, series 2 subs (the old ones before they decided to make them more power efficient and destroyed the quality) in sealed enclosures. This is for music, not the thuds and explosions of movies, and has to have the continuous output for pipe organ pedal notes, not just the pounding bass of rock music. thanks for any ideas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-22-2019, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3308 Post(s)
Liked: 3415
I used a bridged DH-200 on my sub ages ago. I did not think it had all that much "absolute control, precision, and power"; output impedance was a little high among other things. I used it in DIY servo subwoofer so could compensate that. For a sub today I would pick up a decent plate amplifier from Parts Express or something like that. More power, and lower output impedance, for better "control" of the woofers.

HTH - Don

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #3 of 3 Old 10-22-2019, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yeah I had heard some not so good things about the DH 200 back in the day too. I will definitely have a look at the plate amplifiers. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page