originally intended as an answer for an Mail to
which i can't send, due to limitations while i am new here, here are some things that bothered me in FW 1.22
- Speakermapping is still not 100%, as it switches back to large front-speakers, whilst setup with two front subwoofers. i need to tell the system i had an LFE to be able to use sat+sub...
- There seems to be some communication delay with dirac, at leat while correcting levels.
- sometimes dirac just dies in the process. One time, a complete factory reset was needed to get it working again
- i didn't get zone 2 swichting to work like i wanted it to. it would be better, to configure it on the input config page, as i am sure, i will be not hte only one using zone 2 for surround amp, while zone 1 is for stereo.
- the check for updates button on engineering page is a disaster, as it starts update, without asking anymore. i got in this mess, because of that.
- one of the main reasons switching to the jbl is the design of the arcam. while optics are a matter of taste, not being able to read the buttons isn't.
- the OSD desperately has to show the hole menue, which is shown in the display of the system. to get out of the chair every time you need to adress the menue isn't a good coice, i hopefully think it is allready on your agenda.
- also it yould be nice to get some info on the OSD via info button for example signal in / signal out.
- i sometimes have issues with "Net", it tends to freeze and the only way ot seems a hard power off.
- a hard power off, causes a mindblowing crack in the speakers, so if i have to do it, it pull the triggers before.
- standyb and mute cause a smal plopp in the speakers.
- i don't know if it should work, but my mobile phone wasn't able to find the AV40 via Arcam-App
- sometimes i have to switch the modes (stereo/surround etc) to get sound out of the arcam.
- or it can even be neccessary to switch the system hard off, to get a signal though to hdmi out.
- most defintely network-update should be deactivated, till you are shuire it is working, becaus it will continue to create support-cases.