Originally Posted by alphast0rm
Ah, didn't know it always happens. I'm gonna keep trying some combination of using the web UI and USB to do things, I already emailed Arcam. Thanks again for your help, it's much appreciated!
I’ve a little bit of experience updating an AV40, and have help from an insider.
A few important things:
1. Make sure the unit has completed its startup before trying the update. If you press (quickly, not hold) the Menu button, the screen will report “Starting” if it is still in the boot process. This applies after you do a factory reset as well.
2. USB is absolutely your most reliable update method. Period.
3. Invoke the update by pressing INFO+DISPLAY. Let the unit do it’s thing until the screen prompts you to press OK.
4. When you press OK, the unit will reset.
5. Start the unit by pressing any button on the front panel, I use the Menu button.
6. Let the unit finish it’s startup (See item #1
7. Factory Reset by pressing INFO+ZONE. This may be unnecessary, but it doesn’t hurt. It’s a habit I developed on earlier code versions because the update code didn’t invoke a reset automatically like it does now.
8. Call Tech Support if you have ANY trouble.