Pioneer Elite SC-LX704 SC-LX904 Owners Thread - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By David Susilo
  • 1 Post By Prietz0r

post #1 of 15 Old 11-03-2019, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked: 670
Pioneer Elite SC-LX704 SC-LX904 Owners Thread

I’ll be receiving my Elite SC-LX704 tomorrow. Anybody else here own that receiver (or the LX904?)
VisionxOrb likes this.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo
ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED & WifiHifi Magazines
my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-23-2019, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
I’ll be receiving my Elite SC-LX704 tomorrow. Anybody else here own that receiver (or the LX904?)
How is it? And does anyone yet have the SCLX904? I'm curious as to how good these are as AVR amps, yet note that the 901 is still listed on the Pioneer website as the best AV receiver in Pioneer's history, alongside the 904. Are the 704/904 specifically designed to partner with the PD50AE universal disc player, yet otherwise inferior to the 901?
post #3 of 15 Old 11-23-2019, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
Can anyone check if the Amazon Music app in the receiver plays the new hi Rez and/or Dolby Atmos tracks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 11-26-2019, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Hello

my lx704 is in order, I receive it next week

See you

Sony 77A9G, Pioneer Elite SC-LX704, Focal Dome 5.1.2, Apple TV 4K
post #5 of 15 Old 11-28-2019, 04:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Got my lx904 in this week. The first unit that came had a faulty center channel and the fan would run often and quite loud, got a new replacement shipped out right away. So far so good with the 2nd unit.

One interesting learning re Dolby Vision. I have an Apple 4k TV and have had the resolution working fine when the appletv was set to output 4k+Dolby Vision between the Apple and my LG 4K OLED.

With the Pioneer in between, the Apple 4k TV was no longer sending a video signal if toggled to the 4k Dolby Vision setting. (this happened on both units)

Instead we had to set it one setting lower to 4k HDR on the Apple TV and then turn on the content matching settings (to match frame rate and dynamic content).

That then renders the Apple TV interface on the TV via the 4k HDR signal, but then also for Dolby Vision content it detects and switches the format and the tv recognizes the dolby vision format/content signal being sent through when movies with dolby vision are actually playing.

So something odd happening in that intermediate handshake between the apple tv, receiver and LG tv at the original setting, but at least the workaround gets the intended 4k dolby vision signal through at the end. Here's info on the apple settings for reference - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208288
post #6 of 15 Old 11-28-2019, 12:35 PM
llj

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Considering a 704. Does anybody know the capabilities of the HDMI outputs when HDCP is engaged?

My theater has a TV and a screen that drops down in front of the TV. Not trying to play HDCP protected content on both simultaneously. Would like to display on either without changing cables.

llj
post #7 of 15 Old 11-29-2019, 02:03 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hi all I would like to ask here for some help.

Currently I have a Pioneer SC-LX801 and I am experiencing Internet Radio playback issues with the Pioneer SC-LX801.
I have had a phone conversation with the Pioneer technical phone support.
The problem we are experiencing is the following, during the day we have the Receiver running TuneIn, after a couple of hours the sound get's distorted and eventually it's total silence.

As I am a ICT guy myself I thought it could be something like a memory issue or something, could be like the buffer is running full, or a memory leak in the application itself.

This problem is also happening when using a Bluetooth connection to a laptop or phone by the way, exactly the same behaviour.

We are already running the latest publicly available firmware. It would be nice to have a solution for this annoying problem.

Also disabling the Network Standy function didn't solve the problem. And it's not really desirable to have it turned off because I would like to be able to turn the receiver on via the Android APP. (This was a suggestion from the technical support)

I have made a audio recording of the issue, you can find that here: https://www.priyantha.nl/downloads/Voice_001.m4a

I have already sent the unit back to the shop, and they send it to the repair center, but they are still waiting for the parts. And now I have received a brand-new SC-LX801 from the shop but experiencing exactly the same issues.

I was wondering if someone with a SC-LX704 or SC-LX904 could test my case with their unit. So for example put TuneIn on during the morning on low volume and go to your work and check in the afternoon/evening if the stream is still playing.

I've got from the shop where I bought the SC-LX801 the offer for €299 I could buy the SC-LX704 when I exchange the new (and faulty) SC-LX801 for it.

Kind Regards,
Priyantha

Display.....| TV: Panasonic Viera TX-55CX800
Audio.......| Receiver: Pioneer SC-LX 801 (Pioneer Elite SC-LX 801) | Speakers: 2x Dali Oberon 5 for Fronts | 2x Dali Alteco C-1 Upfiring (Atmos) | Dali Zensor Pico for rears
Source.....| HTPC: Using AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 32GB Kodi and MPC-HC on Windows 10
post #8 of 15 Old 11-30-2019, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I placed my order in Australia 3 weeks ago . They have been delayed grrrr .
post #9 of 15 Old 12-02-2019, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I received the lx704

See you

Sony 77A9G, Pioneer Elite SC-LX704, Focal Dome 5.1.2, Apple TV 4K
post #10 of 15 Old 12-03-2019, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivierqc View Post
I received the lx704

See you

Cogratulations !
Could you check if you could reproduce my issues I have with the SC-LX801 on your SC-LX704?
So just start a TuneIn stream and leave it on for let say 5 hours? Or for example just start it and go to work and check if there is still sound after you come home?
In my situation the TuneIn stream is still playing, which you can see because the text scrolling from the station is updated and is updating still but the sound is stopped.

Audio.......| Receiver: Pioneer SC-LX 801 (Pioneer Elite SC-LX 801) | Speakers: 2x Dali Oberon 5 for Fronts | 2x Dali Alteco C-1 Upfiring (Atmos) | Dali Zensor Pico for rears
post #11 of 15 Old 12-06-2019, 02:30 AM

Going to pickup a new SC-LX704 tomorrow, and will test it myself.
Hopefully this thread will get some more activity...

post #12 of 15 Old 12-06-2019, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prietz0r View Post
Going to pickup a new SC-LX704 tomorrow, and will test it myself.
Hopefully this thread will get some more activity...
Yes, let's hope the thread does get some more activity! I hope you enjoy your new SC-LX704. I have one on pre-order with a retailer here in the UK. They seem to be in scarce supply in the UK at the moment, no retailer has stock!

Not am employee of NAD, not affiliated with the company in any way...just a fan of their products...and lover of good hi-fi sound
post #13 of 15 Old 12-07-2019, 02:42 PM

Currently the receiver is playing a TuneIn channel since I picked it up from the shop. For more than 7 hours and 20 minutes. And it is still running and sound working.
Hopefully it is still running after we wake up. Going to bed in a couple of minutes.
When everything is still working properly I will connect the rest of the equipment and speakers and run MCACC.
nadfan likes this.
post #14 of 15 Old Yesterday, 04:12 AM

Everything works fine now.
Also the MCACC measurements where okay. And the sound is great.

Now is there another problem, the fan inside the receiver is engaging very often and very loudly which is strange because our previous SC-LX801 did not turn the fan on. And also my old SC-LX72(Elite SC-27) did not.

That should be some fault I suppose?

Last edited by Prietz0r; Yesterday at 04:29 AM.
post #15 of 15 Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prietz0r View Post
Now is there another problem, the fan inside the receiver is engaging very often and very loudly

I've never heard any fan sounds from any of my SC Elite receivers. That seems like a warranty issue to me.

I'm also an author! Gemini Gambit - He's trying to save the world. She's trying to hide from it. When they meet, death is the least of their worries. http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-Gambit-...dp/0986396214/
Its sequel, Dragon's Ark, is also available. Behind the Great Firewall of China, there are secrets people will kill to keep. https://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Ark-G...dp/B01LD5BYV4/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page