Lip sync/audio delay? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-07-2019, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Lip sync/audio delay?

Is there a good downloadable file or calibration disc to truly lock down the proper audio delay so I'm not just guessing?

Thanks,
James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-07-2019, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAB View Post
Is there a good downloadable file or calibration disc to truly lock down the proper audio delay so I'm not just guessing?

Thanks,
James
I'm not aware of one and it's not clear to me that this is even possible. Lip sync appears to be all over the map. There are 4k disks, blu ray disks and DVDs that are dead-on accurate and consistent with each other, but there's always a handful that aren't. The same is true with streamed content like Amazon Prime. In my part of the US (central Ohio), over the air broadcast TV is usually accurate with occasional glitches. Not sure how this is in other parts of the US or the world.

So, unless I've misunderstood your objective, this is something that we unfortunately have to manage on a case by case basis. It screams poor production values and is a PITA dumped on the consumer. With a little practice, I've learned to live with it. But seriously: it's 2019. We shouldn't be dealing with these issues any more.

5.1.0 System: Anthem AVM 60 | Anthem Statement A5 | Revel F208s, C208, M106s | Velodyne FSR-12 | Samsung UN65KS800DF | Oppo UDP-203 | Roku Premiere+ | DIY HTPC | Logitech Harmony Companion | Amazon Echo Dot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page