Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-15-2019, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Which AVR for my room ?

Hello Everyone ,
Finally after few years (probably 4+) , i have decided to upgrade my home theatre system. I m gonna use it mostly for movies ie bluray , TV shows etc(100%) , but i listen to music as well sometimes
I want to enjoy ATMOS content.
1a.Starting off with AVR - I have narrowed down 3 , 9.2 channel receivers. (Prices are little bit high in my country )
a.Denon X3600H ($820) (Is it worth the extra $150 )
b.Onkyo RZ730() ($680)
c.Pioneer LX304 ($640)
1b. Few 7.2 AVR too - i have narrowed down
a.Denon X1600h ($500)
b.Marantz x5013 ($600)
c.Onkyo tx-nr696 ($520)
2.My Room dimensions are about 15 x 11 (Rectanglish)(Open side ways which leads to two rooms). My Listening position might be 3 to 4 feet from the back wall.
3.Should i go for 9.2 Channel receiver (I dont want to upgrade for next 5 years) , or Am i good with 7.2 Channel for my room dimensions. -- ? I donno , whether i will the enjoy the difference from to 7.2 to 9.2 in my living room (5.1.4 over 5.1.2)
4.At the moment I have decided to go for Polk S55 signature towers. (Not purchased yet)
5.I plan to add Subs , height speakers , surrounds later down the line.
Kindly suggest me , which route should i proceed. Thanks in Advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-15-2019, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 206
The denon x3600 have the more advanced audyssey room correction version with dual sub support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 Old 11-15-2019, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeliemix View Post
The denon x3600 have the more advanced audyssey room correction version with dual sub support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response. Is the XT32 makes that much difference in reality ? (My living room is a untreated one) . And I m planning to start off with single sub , might or might not go with dual sub downline. But no plans that the moment for a dual sub in the next 6 months , since i have to purchase , height speakers , centre and a sub down the line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-15-2019, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectcell View Post
Thanks for the response. Is the XT32 makes that much difference in reality ? (My living room is a untreated one) . And I m planning to start off with single sub , might or might not go with dual sub downline. But no plans that the moment for a dual sub in the next 6 months , since i have to purchase , height speakers , centre and a sub down the line.

It will if you have 2 subs at least, what the difference is on the rest im not sure, i dont have audyssey active so havent checked but i do get the benefit of dual sub setup.
The 3x00 series is considered the level at which there isnt cut a lot of corners and it has a bit of extra power and pre-outs if thats needed. How much this is worth to you i dont know but from comments around the forums people seem more satisfied at the 3600, denon and comparable brands, quality level.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-15-2019, 02:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 224
@Perfectcell the x3600 has audyssey xt32 which has 4 times the filter resolution as xt and controls dual subs. The yamaha version of ypao rsc and pioneer mcacc pro are the other room correction solutions that can do that as well, but the Denon is the least expensive at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page