Marantz sr6014 vs Denon avr-x4500h - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 11-25-2019, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Marantz sr6014 vs Denon avr-x4500h

I think I have it narrowed down to these two but I am open to other suggestions.

I’ll be pairing whichever receiver I get with two SVS ultra bookshelves, an ultra center, and four sonance 6 1/2” in ceilings (2 for Atmos and 2 for rear).

It will be in the living room and used for music and movies.

They look to be pretty close and are about the same price. Any thoughts? Thanks!
_carny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 11-25-2019, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eriksells916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 1,730
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked: 294
@_carny both have xt32 and either would be a great choice. You might even be able to get away with last years x3500h, which is the 7 channel little brother of the x4500.


If you want the 9 channels, the x4500 has more power, auro3d and zone 2 and 3 preouts while the sr6014 is more musical with hdam circuits and 7 channel analog inputs.


Again, you can't go wrong either way!
eriksells916 is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 11-26-2019, 01:56 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 87,523
Mentioned: 850 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24608 Post(s)
Liked: 13833
Quote:
Originally Posted by _carny View Post
I think I have it narrowed down to these two but I am open to other suggestions.

I’ll be pairing whichever receiver I get with two SVS ultra bookshelves, an ultra center, and four sonance 6 1/2” in ceilings (2 for Atmos and 2 for rear).

It will be in the living room and used for music and movies.

They look to be pretty close and are about the same price. Any thoughts? Thanks!
The 2019 Marantz SR6014 is the sister model to the 2019 Denon X3600H while the 2018 Denon X4500H is a higher level model comparable to the Marantz SR7013. Review post 1 of each of the 2018 and 2019 Denon/Marantz AVR Owner's threads to determine if you want any of the additional features provided on the 2019 models vs. the additional features provided by the higher level (but older) X4500H.

As suggested above, if you don't plan on expanding beyond a 5.1.2 setup (noting your in-ceiling rear speakers won't provide for an ideal Atmos setup as they ideally should be on the floor and thus vertically separated from the middle in-ceiling speakers which will be configured as Top Middle), the 2018 Denon X3500H should also be a consideration for additional cost savings.
jdsmoothie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 Old 11-26-2019, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksells916 View Post
@_carny both have xt32 and either would be a great choice. You might even be able to get away with last years x3500h, which is the 7 channel little brother of the x4500.


If you want the 9 channels, the x4500 has more power, auro3d and zone 2 and 3 preouts while the sr6014 is more musical with hdam circuits and 7 channel analog inputs.


Again, you can't go wrong either way!
Thank you! I hadn’t looked at the 3500 but it looks like it would satisfy my needs. The other two have a few more watts, would it be worth the extra cost?
_carny is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 11-26-2019, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eriksells916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 1,730
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked: 294
@_carny No. the x3500 has full preouts, so you can always add amps down the road when you become deaf
eriksells916 is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 11-27-2019, 11:53 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Marantz has 3-year warranty and Denon has only 2-year warranty. With the added complexity there is more to fail with current AVR's and an extra year of factory coverage would be appealing to me. I had a Denon 4300H and it failed twice in the 2.2 years I used it.
Reliability is important to me and so in the future I will be probably be buying a Yamaha or Marantz AVR. I always look at owners' reviews on multiple websites to get a good picture of the problems encountered and failure rates.

Difficult to get enough reviews to evaluate until a new product has been out on the market for more than a few months so a newly introduced product is a higher risk one to buy. Too early to say for the Marantz 6014 but the Denon 4500H has a less than favorable review profile on Amazon from people who have bought the receiver.
Calsun is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 11-27-2019, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eriksells916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 1,730
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked: 294
@Calsun I believe both have 3 year warranty.
eriksells916 is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 11-27-2019, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Darren Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calsun View Post
Marantz has 3-year warranty and Denon has only 2-year warranty. With the added complexity there is more to fail with current AVR's and an extra year of factory coverage would be appealing to me. I had a Denon 4300H and it failed twice in the 2.2 years I used it.
Reliability is important to me and so in the future I will be probably be buying a Yamaha or Marantz AVR. I always look at owners' reviews on multiple websites to get a good picture of the problems encountered and failure rates.

Difficult to get enough reviews to evaluate until a new product has been out on the market for more than a few months so a newly introduced product is a higher risk one to buy. Too early to say for the Marantz 6014 but the Denon 4500H has a less than favorable review profile on Amazon from people who have bought the receiver.
A lot of failures are heat related. Is it housed in a cabinet?

Marantz SR7013, Polk Signature S60s/S30/S15s/HTS12s, Polk MC80 (x4), AC Infinity T9/S9, AAB4 HTPC, Panasonic DP-UB420K...still to come - 82"-85" 4K QLED or eqv.
Darren Chan is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 11-27-2019, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 87,523
Mentioned: 850 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24608 Post(s)
Liked: 13833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calsun View Post
Marantz has 3-year warranty and Denon has only 2-year warranty. With the added complexity there is more to fail with current AVR's and an extra year of factory coverage would be appealing to me. I had a Denon 4300H and it failed twice in the 2.2 years I used it.
Reliability is important to me and so in the future I will be probably be buying a Yamaha or Marantz AVR. I always look at owners' reviews on multiple websites to get a good picture of the problems encountered and failure rates.

Difficult to get enough reviews to evaluate until a new product has been out on the market for more than a few months so a newly introduced product is a higher risk one to buy. Too early to say for the Marantz 6014 but the Denon 4500H has a less than favorable review profile on Amazon from people who have bought the receiver.
All Denon USA/CA "X" models (eg. X4500H) feature a 3 year warranty. I would consider the current 4.1/5 rating for the X4500H on Amazon USA as fairly favorable.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 06-03-2020 at 03:26 PM.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 06-03-2020, 03:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Soccerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South of NJ Turnpike
Posts: 1,349
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 187
I think Marantz has eARC if I am not mistaken

HT: JVC RS2000, S Studio Tek 130 1.3 Gain screen, , Panasonic UB820. Denon X6500. Def Tech X9080 series . BR: OnkyoTX696 , LG OLED 65 8 series , Def tech 9020 5.2 .
Soccerdude is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 06-03-2020, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 87,523
Mentioned: 850 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24608 Post(s)
Liked: 13833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerdude View Post
I think Marantz has eARC if I am not mistaken
As does the X4500H as well.
jdsmoothie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off