My old AVR-3805..... upgrade? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-03-2019, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My old AVR-3805..... upgrade?

I have had this model along DVD-3910 since 2005!!!! My question is: According to some people, this AVR model is still very good???? I am using Audioengine B1 wireless audio receiver connected.... pretty good.

However I am keen to upgrade to more "up to date" DENON AVR.... I have been thinking AVR-X6500H..... what are your opinion of this AVR model.... what DVD would you recommend with this AVR? Am I still capable to use my DVD-3910..... (I never got HDMI working on DVD) few days a go I tried last time to connect HDMI out from DVD-3910 directly to my Sony Bravia.... I have DENON LINK connection in between 3805 and 3910.

The new AVR-X6500H does not have DENON LINK, should I get new DVD player.... I am out of touch with the latest technology.... I have Klipsch speaker system, (5.1 currently).

Are the new series DENON AVR's in quality to match my old AVR-3805 and the current DVD's to match the DENON LINK connection quality with new aeries AVR's?

Optical input numbers on 3805 is much higher than on new AVR models....? Why the new models are lacking optical inputs....?

Thank you.

Recommendations....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-03-2019, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 757 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22883 Post(s)
Liked: 12508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmo Laine View Post
I have had this model along DVD-3910 since 2005!!!! My question is: According to some people, this AVR model is still very good???? I am using Audioengine B1 wireless audio receiver connected.... pretty good.

However I am keen to upgrade to more "up to date" DENON AVR.... I have been thinking AVR-X6500H..... what are your opinion of this AVR model.... what DVD would you recommend with this AVR? Am I still capable to use my DVD-3910..... (I never got HDMI working on DVD) few days a go I tried last time to connect HDMI out from DVD-3910 directly to my Sony Bravia.... I have DENON LINK connection in between 3805 and 3910.

The new AVR-X6500H does not have DENON LINK, should I get new DVD player.... I am out of touch with the latest technology.... I have Klipsch speaker system, (5.1 currently).

Are the new series DENON AVR's in quality to match my old AVR-3805 and the current DVD's to match the DENON LINK connection quality with new aeries AVR's?

Optical input numbers on 3805 is much higher than on new AVR models....? Why the new models are lacking optical inputs....?

Thank you.

Recommendations....
Both the X4500H and the X6500H feature Denon Link. Review post 1 of the 2018 Denon AVR Owner's thread for features provided each model.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post56087556

Note that the X3500H/X4500H/X6500H are all likely to surpass your 3805 in audio quality as they all use Audyssey MultEQ XT32 for EQ processing.

These newer models feature fewer optical inputs as both analog and optical are quickly being replaced by HDMI.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 12-03-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page