AVS Forum banner

No more cambridge audio AVR's

6K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Swiftmick 
#1 ·
Looks like Cambridge audio has discontinued their line of AVR's (CXR120 and CXR200) as well as their bluray player. This just shows how fast the home theater industry changes with new tech always being added. It's a shame because they made some of the best sounding AVR's out there. I think it came down to them deciding to put their resources back to their roots and focus on music only.

#4 ·
Cambridge has gone the direction of Technics and others - high quality streaming endpoints. For now they are hanging on, but for how long? Sadly, your right. The industry is rapidly changing and the heyday of home audio that was so prevalent from the 1970's through the early 2000's is forever gone. I remember every major department store having a stereo section with big tower speaker systems from Pioneer, Technics, Sony, Kenwood, Yamaha, etc belting out great tunes. New and used record and CD stores everywhere. Not only are they gone, the stores and malls that housed those products are for the most part dying or gone too. The stereo system and TV was the center piece of most living rooms with big storage racks for CDs, albums, and VHS/DVD/BR. All replaced by a flat panel, soundbar, and Roku. Now the Roku is gone with smart TVs. My kids and grandkids will just as easy watch a movie on their phone or computer than on a TV - they honestly could care less. I am not that "old" at 49, but society has changed so much as of late that I often wonder what planet I am on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.