The "Official" Monoprice Monolith HTP-1 Owners Thread - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1137Likes

post #751 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 01:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
I have 12 ch in 4RU (a 7ch and a 5ch, 2RU each) from D-Sonic.com. Not cheap but quite a bargain for the power & performance.

http://d-sonic.net/wp-content/upload...M3a-series.pdf
The 3 to 7 multichannel amps are 5" high each. That's a minimum of 10" for 10 to 14 channels.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 01:20 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 271 Post(s)
Quoted: 5966 Post(s)
Liked: 5509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus_CA View Post
The 3 to 7 multichannel amps are 5" high each. That's a minimum of 10" for 10 to 14 channels.

You're right. I was looking at the dimensions for the 2ch amp.
post #753 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 01:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
You're right. I was looking at the dimensions for the 2ch amp.
I know compact and good performance rarely go together in this hobby but the Monolith 11x strikes a nice balance there. I'd love a hypex/Pascal/ice based class D but all of the standard chassis max out at 8 channels so you're stuck with having to buy a pair to get to 9+. Exactly the reason I was hoping the Arcam AVR20/30 got off to a better start. Having some amplification in the same box as the processor really opens up options if you're trying to avoid a floor to ceiling rack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #754 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 01:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Anyone in Europe bought this yet?
Are it CE-marked and ready for 230v?
In the manual and productpage it says 100 ~ 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz.
MartyMcFlyy likes this.

Epson TW9400, Dreamscreen v6 109", Sony UBP X800, Mede8er med600x3d, Nvidia Shield 2019 tv, Atv4k, Xbox One X, Hp htpc.
Nad M17 , ATI AT543NC ,Nad M25.
Arendal Sound tower, Arendal center, Arendal Surround, SVS PB-16 Ultra, Dali Oberon On-wall, Dali Alteco C-1.
post #755 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 01:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked: 1193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sveineb View Post
Anyone in Europe bought this yet?
Are it CE-marked and ready for 230v?
In the manual and productpage it says 100 ~ 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz.
They are still working on the final bit of certifications to be completed, there are email extracts a few pages back about this.
sveineb likes this.

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
post #756 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 02:07 AM

Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Quoted: 5735 Post(s)
Liked: 2762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
I waited a year before buying an $8,000 unit (SSP-800) hoping it was well wrung out after a year in the market. Woops, I identified 2 dozen bugs. The upside was that they were willing and able to fix all of them.
I don't accept that the user needs to test a unit whether it is fit for purpose or not. Especially not at that price point.

Quote:
Then I too experienced the solid performance and reliability of the Marantz AV7702 and now the Anthem AVM 60. There's no disputing that this is the level of performance we all deserve. But the boutique brands bring other benefits that the "mass market" brands do not, so I place a high premium on a company's after-sale support, particularly bug fixes, if not feature updates. In that regard, Oppo set a pretty high bar, just to name one outside the AV processor space. They are not alone.
What are those "other benefits"? More competition obviously did not lead to better products but instead we got plenty of expensive, bug-ridden metal boxes that have been rushed out the door.
Which companies have great after sales support? In my experience, Emotiva, Arcam and NAD are certainly NOT on that list. Is Monoprice?

"These companies need to have a reset, go back to the drawing board and have proper architectural review and design verification." (source)
MartyMcFlyy likes this.

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole

Last edited by markus767; 01-15-2020 at 02:50 AM.
post #757 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 02:30 AM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
I have 12 ch in 4RU (a 7ch and a 5ch, 2RU each) from D-Sonic.com. Not cheap but quite a bargain for the power & performance.

http://d-sonic.net/wp-content/upload...M3a-series.pdf
When I checked this past December, D-Sonic are working on an amp (single chassis, size of current stereo model) with 1-11 channel capability. 11 channel model will be 250W/8 ohms. Possible to bridge some channels for more power if less channels desired. Targeting a March introduction.
Magnus_CA and maser like this.

LG OLED65E6P, Anthem MRX720, Rogue Atlas Magnum II, UPA7, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL, Luna Duo center, Sierra 2 surrounds, and HTM200SE front & rear heights, Rythmik E15HP (1, but plan on adding a 2nd), VPI Classic 1+ (VTA Tower, 3D arm), VAS NOVA and Soundsmith Paua cartridges, Manley Chinook, Oppo 103D, Oppo 203. Audio Sensibility and Blue Jeans cabling, Symposium & Isoacoustics isolation products
post #758 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 03:02 AM

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 3101 Post(s)
Liked: 1855
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
I don't accept that the user needs to test a unit whether it is fit for purpose or not. Especially not at that price point.
No argument from me. I don't like that in my computers, either, but nonetheless I had to do a fresh Windows 10 re-install on a brand new PC to make it work.

Quote:
What are those "other benefits"?
A mix of features unavailable from mass market purveyors. In the case of the SSP-800, I was looking for something of the quality of the Tag McLaren AV32R, but with HDMI inputs, with equivalent PEQ and 96 kHz support throughout, premium volume controls and DACs/preamps. The SSP-800 was pretty much alone on that list, but it's been in use daily for >10 years, and sounds a good as ever as the heart of my music system.

In the realm of immersive processors, finding ones with superior room correction (manual PEQ, or Dirac or better), and high sample rate support narrows the field real fast. And try to find a mass market AVR or processor that does not use the typical Renesas jungle volume chips (or their cousins). The Cirrus CS3318 is just too rich for these price points, but they're found in many of the boutique models, including the HTP-1.

Quote:
More competition obviously did not lead to better products but instead we got plenty of expensive, bug-ridden metal boxes that have been rushed out the door.
As time goes on, and the home theater market continues to contract to those of us holdouts who'd rather not watch movies on a TV with a sound bar, the cost to produce immersive AV processors becomes more expensive and the skill more scare. We're lucky anyone still wants to be in this business, let alone jump in at this point. Kudos to Monoprice.

Quote:
Which companies have great after sales support? In my experience, Emotiva, Arcam and NAD are certainly NOT on that list.
I've never had the pleasure of those. From my observations, I'd say Trinnov, Datasat, Monoprice, possibly Lyngdorf, and now absent from the HT scene, Oppo, Tag McLaren and Classe. I'm sure there are others.
JDEATON and farkem like this.

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win10 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"
post #759 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 04:24 AM

Quote:
A mix of features unavailable from mass market purveyors. In the case of the SSP-800, I was looking for something of the quality of the Tag McLaren AV32R, but with HDMI inputs, with equivalent PEQ and 96 kHz support throughout, premium volume controls and DACs/preamps. The SSP-800 was pretty much alone on that list, but it's been in use daily for >10 years, and sounds a good as ever as the heart of my music system.
That's great but it also shows how innovative manufacturers have been in the last decade(s)...

Quote:
In the realm of immersive processors, finding ones with superior room correction (manual PEQ, or Dirac or better), and high sample rate support narrows the field real fast. And try to find a mass market AVR or processor that does not use the typical Renesas jungle volume chips (or their cousins). The Cirrus CS3318 is just too rich for these price points, but they're found in many of the boutique models, including the HTP-1.
Better parts and superior room correction are always welcome but they are worthless if signal processing is buggy.

Quote:
As time goes on, and the home theater market continues to contract to those of us holdouts who'd rather not watch movies on a TV with a sound bar, the cost to produce immersive AV processors becomes more expensive and the skill more scare. We're lucky anyone still wants to be in this business, let alone jump in at this point. Kudos to Monoprice.
Yes, kudos to Monoprice for the effort but I don't have a good feeling when I see that fundamental signal flow still seems to be up for debate. While the implementation can vary, overall signal flow is a given. It's not up for debate what signal processing steps should happen when.
Not sure why they didn't send out a unit to someone that is well-versed in taking measurements like yourself or Jerry. Guess for marketing purposes it's good enough if Marc speaks favorably about the unit...

No wonder "the home theater market continues to contract" when there is nothing to be gained from spending thousands of dollars except lifelong beta testing.
Jive Turkey and AustinJerry like this.

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
post #760 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 05:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1448 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef2 View Post
This time the "in stock" notification worked...well maybe too much, it is the sixth email I receive telling me the HTP-1 is back in stock today

Same!
post #761 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked: 1193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus_CA View Post
I know compact and good performance rarely go together in this hobby but the Monolith 11x strikes a nice balance there. I'd love a hypex/Pascal/ice based class D but all of the standard chassis max out at 8 channels so you're stuck with having to buy a pair to get to 9+. Exactly the reason I was hoping the Arcam AVR20/30 got off to a better start. Having some amplification in the same box as the processor really opens up options if you're trying to avoid a floor to ceiling rack.

You might want to consider KJF Audio as they will do up to 8x250W Hypex Ncore in 2 RU, or up to 6x500W Hypex Ncore in the same chassis.

They are on my shortlist for when I do my upgrade to a 16ch pre-pro, either using two chassis for 8x250W + 7x250W or three chassis using just 500W modules or a combination of 500W and 250W.

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
post #762 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Hi - does the HTP-1 support HLG HDR?
post #763 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1679 Post(s)
Liked: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foundation42 View Post
Does anyone else find it strange that Monoprice won't allow their shipments to be held for pick up at a local Fedex location?
Very strange. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday. It would have never made it to me.

People buying this product probably work when shipments are delivered. Redirecting to local FedEx (UPS, etc) store is the only option for many to receive things where shippers require signature.

What a joke. Well onto another brand now. Too bad. I was thinking this may be the one.
Jawaburger likes this.

Current TVs: 77" LG C9, 65" LG B7A, 55" TCL R625, 65” GT50 Plasma
post #764 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Not sure why they didn't send out a unit to someone that is well-versed in taking measurements like yourself or Jerry.
I know some folks want to see REW measurements to check whether Dirac trims and delays are active or disabled when Dirac correction is turned off. This is on my to-do list, but I don't always have time to do REW measurements during the work week.

Are there any other measurements you want to see?

Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra RAAL Towers & Horizon w/ Mapleshade 4" Maple Platforms & Brass Heavyfeet ・ Ascend Sierra Luna satellitesRythmik FV18 aluminum cone subwoofer x2 ・ JBL GX-1200 subwoofer x5 direct mounted to seats
Components: Monoprice Monolith HTP-1 w/ Dirac Live ・ Anthem Statement P5 ・ JVC DLA-RS540 ・ Stewart Cima FF 123 inch w/ Studiotek ST130 G4
post #765 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink soda View Post
I know some folks want to see REW measurements to check whether Dirac trims and delays are active or disabled when Dirac correction is turned off. This is on my to-do list, but I don't always have time to do REW measurements during the work week.

Are there any other measurements you want to see?
Reset unit and then measure sub out and single channel(s) with different crossover settings, levels, delays, PEQ, DL. Make sure measurements are made with a common timing reference. From these measurements a lot can be deduced about signal flow and whether signal processing is applied correctly. Let me know if you need a more detailed description of what and how to measure.

Markus

post #766 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Reset unit and then measure sub out and single channel(s) with different crossover settings, levels, delays, PEQ, DL. Make sure measurements are made with a common timing reference. From these measurements a lot can be deduced about signal flow and whether signal processing is applied correctly. Let me know if you need a more detailed description of what and how to measure.
That looks doable. Detailed descriptions would certainly be helpful to make it more likely that I give you exactly the measurements you are looking for on the first attempt.

For these kinds of measurements it seems like nearfield measurements might be preferred rather than measurements at the main listening position, is that the case? Or if it depends on the measurement, please specify the mic position for each desired measurement.

Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra RAAL Towers & Horizon w/ Mapleshade 4" Maple Platforms & Brass Heavyfeet ・ Ascend Sierra Luna satellitesRythmik FV18 aluminum cone subwoofer x2 ・ JBL GX-1200 subwoofer x5 direct mounted to seats
Components: Monoprice Monolith HTP-1 w/ Dirac Live ・ Anthem Statement P5 ・ JVC DLA-RS540 ・ Stewart Cima FF 123 inch w/ Studiotek ST130 G4

Last edited by pink soda; 01-15-2020 at 07:22 AM.
post #767 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
That looks doable. Detailed descriptions would certainly be helpful to make it more likely that I give you exactly the measurements you are looking for on the first attempt.

For these kinds of measurements it seems like nearfield measurements might be preferred rather than measurements at the main listening position, is that the case? Or if it depends on the measurement, please specify the mic position for each desired measurement.
Probably neither. Depends on what you want to verify. Not sure I want to do another round of forum consulting as this eats up too much of my time. To get an idea how much time, please see https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...-550-a-22.html
What takes weeks on a forum would take me only a few minutes if I had the unit with me.
DS-21 likes this.

Markus

post #768 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard68 View Post
What amps are people using?

I have seen monoprice has a 3 *200w and 8*100w amp all in one
Anyone using this?
I have a 5 channel Emotiva amp and and trying to figure out what to do

Monolith 7ch for me.
post #769 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Probably neither. Depends on what you want to verify. Not sure I want to do another round of forum consulting as this eats up too much of my time. To get an idea how much time, please see https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...-550-a-22.html
What takes weeks on a forum would take me only a few minutes if I had the unit with me.
I'm confused by this response. You offered to provide more detailed descriptions of what to measure and then get upset when I take you up on your offer? If you don't want to waste your time with me I see no reason to waste my time with you either.

I'll post measurements for the effects of Dirac ON vs Dirac OFF later when I have time.

Last edited by pink soda; 01-15-2020 at 08:45 AM.
post #770 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

For amplification, I did some level-matched listening tests with some DIY Hypex NC400s vs my current 5 channel Anthem P5, and found that they sounded extremely similar or possibly the same, at my preferred listening volume. So with that I'm planning to go all in on Hypex Ncore amplification, with 3 NC400s for my front 3 channels, and then 6 channel + 4 channel amps from Nord with NC252MP modules, for a total of 13 channels of NCore amplification for a 9.3.4 setup. This won't be the most space-efficient but the price to performance ratio seems pretty reasonable.
Ryanosaur likes this.

post #771 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 1397
Quote:
Is this the first thread you check everyday too?
Absolutely!
I'm subscribed to this thread so I look for new posts on a regular basis.
ScottieBoysName likes this.

Denon AVR-X6200W, Outlaw Audio 7125 Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Oppo BDP-103, Amazon FTV Stick 4K, Tivo Roamio Pro, Pioneer Elite Andrew Jones Dolby Atmos Enabled EFS-73 Fronts/EBS-73 Surrounds, Chane A2.4 Center, SVS SB-2000 Sub, Panasonic Plasma TH-58PX600
avsforum Members Atmos & Auro Configuration Spreadsheet
I'm just a caveman. Your modern world frightens and confuses me. RIP Phil Hartman
post #772 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
I'm confused by this response. You offered to provide more detailed descriptions of what to measure and then get upset when I take you up on your offer? If you don't want to waste your time with me I see no reason to waste my time with you either.

I'll post measurements for the effects of Dirac ON vs Dirac OFF later when I have time.
I'm not upset and I don't want to sound rude but I just don't have the time to provide the amount of consulting that seems to be necessary in your case. It would be different if we could find someone that has done pre out measurements and already knows why they would be helpful here.

Markus

post #773 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1448 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
For amplification, I did some level-matched listening tests with some DIY Hypex NC400s vs my current 5 channel Anthem P5, and found that they sounded extremely similar or possibly the same, at my preferred listening volume. So with that I'm planning to go all in on Hypex Ncore amplification, with 3 NC400s for my front 3 channels, and then 6 channel + 4 channel amps from Nord with NC252MP modules, for a total of 13 channels of NCore amplification for a 9.3.4 setup. This won't be the most space-efficient but the price to performance ratio seems pretty reasonable.

Are you building these?
post #774 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 43
My HTP-1 will arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to setting it up.
post #775 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson1749 View Post
Just an update on my thoughts. Last week I was so frustrated with the HTP. GUI issues, ‘almost ready’ booting issues, Gb internet issues etc. I’m happy to report that after today’s fw update, I haven’t seen any of those issues-after powering off from the back of the HTP then back on. Maybe Monoprice should suggest that in the notes? GUI comes up instantly, Dirac finds it instantly, the HTP works great. I have total confidence that Monoprice will keep giving us timely updates, and that puts me at ease. I wholeheartedly think this unit is on a different playing field than the AV40 that I had for 1.5mths. I think there is significant hardware issues with that first batch that will need to be addressed and reworked, mainly the shielding. I’ve never heard so much noise from an AV component. Overall, I think this is a fantastic unit and much less expensive than the competition. Sounds incredible, 98% just works (I never expected it to be perfect with SN -00007). I was solely giving my honest opinion with any criticism or issues I had. I’ve never thought about returning it, the Arcam I knew I had to return just too much stuff going on. I don’t know all the lingo, but I know enough about how something should work. Again, I think with the fw updates, frequency and communication in this forum, Monoprice is completely invested in this being a giant killler. I think it just might be. I honestly haven’t come across a single issue since 1.1.1 the other day. Works as if it’s worthy of the 4K price tag. Now give us Dirac BM

Well I can also confirm that with update 1.1.1 I can connect to my router that I was having issues with at the beginning of this thread. No need to go through my switch anymore, plugged directly to the Arris router the Web UI comes up even quicker than when it was plugged into the switch. Of course my PEQ settings are gone but hey....hahaha

It's good to see the team addressing these issues.
llang269 likes this.
post #776 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
Very strange. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday. It would have never made it to me.

People buying this product probably work when shipments are delivered. Redirecting to local FedEx (UPS, etc) store is the only option for many to receive things where shippers require signature.

What a joke. Well onto another brand now. Too bad. I was thinking this may be the one.

Pretty lame reason not to purchase. To each his own. Mine is being delivered to my office.
Magnus_CA, llang269 and Ryanosaur like this.

Last edited by cougar75; 01-15-2020 at 09:25 AM.
post #777 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard68 View Post
What amps are people using?

I have seen monoprice has a 3 *200w and 8*100w amp all in one
Anyone using this?
I have a 5 channel Emotiva amp and and trying to figure out what to do
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post59059252

Here's a link to a 10 channel (expandable to 12 channel) amp I built using the ICEpower modules available at Parts Express. I use these for my surround channels, and the Monolith 7 x 200 for LCR and IB subs. These ICEpower amps sound great, and are dead silent. I've also used them with the Ghentaudio chassis for two-channel amplification.

I ordered an HTP-1 last night, with faster (not "fastest") shipping. Hopefully here on Friday.

Rick

Zaph Audio SB12.3 mains, ZD3C center (all DIY), FI IB318 (2 ea.) 18" IB Subs
Monolith HTP-1 Processor, Monolith 7 x 200 watt Amp (for LCR and subs)
ICEpower 50ASX2SE Class D Amplifiers (5 ea.) DIY'ed into a 1RU rack shelf
Epson 6050UB projector, Carada 108" screen
Oppo UDP-203 disc player

Last edited by crossrh; 01-15-2020 at 09:18 AM.
post #778 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 09:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Nice to see that you are back Markus. Yes..that Arcam thread was QUITE the journey! And since they finally did fix it I'm not letting go of my unit unless I would have a very good reason to do so.
BobDyl likes this.

Room| Treated | Sound| Front: Ino Audio i32s, Center: Ino Audio i16s, Surrounds: 6 x Ino a2, 6 x Ino a1, Subs: 6 x Ino Infra-Y|
Picture | Epson TW9300, Seymour Center Stage UF 130.4" retractable 2.35:1 |
Electronics | Arcam AVR390(Dirac Live), 3x Ncore nc400 monoblocks, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2, EP4000, Panasonic UB700, Allo Katana + Isolator 1.2(Roon bridge/DAC), ATV 4K |
post #779 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1679 Post(s)
Liked: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar75 View Post
Pretty lame reason not to purchase. To each his own. Mine is being delivered to my office.
Pretty lame policy. Why have the customer bear the burden?

Perhaps you'd prefer Amazon 9 day delivery compared to 1-2 day too.

Have higher standards or at least hold others to the minimum standards established by the masses.

I'd ship to my office but they have a tendency to lose stuff. Took over two weeks to find a Jeti 1501 after delivery. And really it's not their job to deliver Monoprice packages to me - it's Monoprice's responsibility.

Current TVs: 77" LG C9, 65" LG B7A, 55" TCL R625, 65” GT50 Plasma
post #780 of 1147 Old 01-15-2020, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Does anyone else find it strange that Monoprice won't allow their shipments to be held for pick up at a local Fedex location?
It's not just Monoprice. I've had a few different "signature required" packages lately that FedEx wouldn't let me change to pickup through Delivery Manager. Maybe a new FedEx policy? Dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post

You can just go to the FedEx hub and pickup your package after a failed delivery. I go pickup packages from FedEx/UPS all the time that way (you just have to go near closing time so that the truck with your package will 100% be there).
llang269 likes this.

Last edited by Maconi; 01-15-2020 at 10:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page