The "Official" Monoprice Monolith HTP-1 Owners Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1083Likes

post #61 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked: 553
The "Official" Monoprice Monolith HTP-1 Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraxoin View Post
My friend received his earlier today (or last year at this point). It seems to be serial number 1, which cracked us up a bit. We had a few hours to do the physical setup, configuration, and get a little listening and watching in, so this isn't a detailed assessment and I'll probably forget a bunch of stuff I said to myself that I would post.

The HTP-1 replaced his RMC-1 which was recently returned due to...umm...displeasure. His old XMC-1 was standing in until the Monolith arrived. Anyway, I'll skip to the point: The HTP-1 just works. You hook it up, turn in on, go through the very logical HTTP-based GUI (we skipped Dirac for today, just quickly setting distance as well as levels with an SPL meter), and start playing. There are bound to be bugs, but right now you can use and enjoy it in the way that most people expect to be able to use a piece of AV hardware. It is not fiddly.

The three main sources in the system are an Oppo 203, Intel NUC (video & music source), and LG C8 apps like Netflix. HDMI switching was just like Marc said, roughly 3 seconds. CEC/ARC appear to work just as they should. The front display and the GUI definitely mirror one another and show what's going on nicely. I'm not sure if an ATMOS or TrueHD source is just supposed to say "Dolby Digital" or not, which it did, but maybe reflecting the actual codec is an update for later.

IMHO, in this JTR-based system the unit just flat out sounds great for movies. In our unscientific testing with the UHD versions of Blade Runner 2049 and Alita: Battle Angel it seemed to be at the very least the equal of the RMC-1. Detail, dynamics, and sub-bass extension, as well as articulation, were excellent and, to our ears, sounded even better than the RMC-1. It will be interesting to hear other opinions on this.

We didn't do much of any critical music listening yet. We checked out a handful of tracks via Foobar2000 in WASAPI event mode ranging from 320 MP3 to 24/96 FLAC files and they sounded quite good, but it was too casual to give any comparative opinion vs the Emotiva units. Basically we talked too much.

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in with a brief something to let people know that they are arriving and the dern thing really does work, just like Marc has said. I'm super impressed and can't wait to spend more time working with it, especially with Dirac 2.0.

Good stuff so far! Thanks so much for posting your thoughts!

I’d be interested in exploring more about the possible codec/display weirdness. Seems like it should at the least display the exact codec being used. I can’t imagine it only displaying “Dolby Digital” being correct when it’s being fed and processing an Atmos track. You did confirm via your ears or another method that Atmos was indeed playing correct? Maybe there’s something we’re missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 04:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
My friend received his earlier today (or last year at this point). It seems to be serial number 1, which cracked us up a bit. We had a few hours to do the physical setup, configuration, and get a little listening and watching in, so this isn't a detailed assessment and I'll probably forget a bunch of stuff I said to myself that I would post.

The HTP-1 replaced his RMC-1 which was recently returned due to...umm...displeasure. His old XMC-1 was standing in until the Monolith arrived. Anyway, I'll skip to the point: The HTP-1 just works. You hook it up, turn in on, go through the very logical HTTP-based GUI (we skipped Dirac for today, just quickly setting distance as well as levels with an SPL meter), and start playing. There are bound to be bugs, but right now you can use and enjoy it in the way that most people expect to be able to use a piece of AV hardware. It is not fiddly.

The three main sources in the system are an Oppo 203, Intel NUC (video & music source), and LG C8 apps like Netflix. HDMI switching was just like Marc said, roughly 3 seconds. CEC/ARC appear to work just as they should. The front display and the GUI definitely mirror one another and show what's going on nicely. I'm not sure if an ATMOS or TrueHD source is just supposed to say "Dolby Digital" or not, which it did, but maybe reflecting the actual codec is an update for later.

IMHO, in this JTR-based system the unit just flat out sounds great for movies. In our unscientific testing with the UHD versions of Blade Runner 2049 and Alita: Battle Angel it seemed to be at the very least the equal of the RMC-1. Detail, dynamics, and sub-bass extension, as well as articulation, were excellent and, to our ears, sounded even better than the RMC-1. It will be interesting to hear other opinions on this.

We didn't do much of any critical music listening yet. We checked out a handful of tracks via Foobar2000 in WASAPI event mode ranging from 320 MP3 to 24/96 FLAC files and they sounded quite good, but it was too casual to give any comparative opinion vs the Emotiva units. Basically we talked too much.

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in with a brief something to let people know that they are arriving and the dern thing really does work, just like Marc has said. I'm super impressed and can't wait to spend more time working with it, especially with Dirac 2.0.
Are you saying that a Dolby Atmos or TrueHD audio track is displaying as Dolby Digital? That’s not right!

Mine should be arriving on Saturday.

@Marc Alexander or @MonolithGuy can you please comment on this?
post #63 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Does the unit show volume level on TV when volume is adjusted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 270 Post(s)
Quoted: 5946 Post(s)
Liked: 5501
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar75 View Post
Does the unit show volume level on TV when volume is adjusted?
It will on TVs which support volume display via CEC (i.e. Sony but not LG) when adjusting volume via TV.
post #65 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 270 Post(s)
Quoted: 5946 Post(s)
Liked: 5501
Quote:
The front display and the GUI definitely mirror one another and show what's going on nicely. I'm not sure if an ATMOS or TrueHD source is just supposed to say "Dolby Digital" or not, which it did, but maybe reflecting the actual codec is an update for later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBoysName View Post
Good stuff so far! Thanks so much for posting your thoughts!

I’d be interested in exploring more about the possible codec/display weirdness. Seems like it should at the least display the exact codec being used. I can’t imagine it only displaying “Dolby Digital” being correct when it’s being fed and processing an Atmos track. You did confirm via your ears or another method that Atmos was indeed playing correct? Maybe there’s something we’re missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1137 View Post
Are you saying that a Dolby Atmos or TrueHD audio track is displaying as Dolby Digital? That’s not right!

Mine should be arriving on Saturday.

@Marc Alexander or @MonolithGuy can you please comment on this?
The Dolby Digital logo displayed is generic for all sources. If you go to the System Configuration you can enable Display Extended Audio Status: for more detailed info to be displayed (there is also Display Video Status on Home Page: ).

Detailed status for A/V (including eARC) can also be found in Detailed Status by clicking the i.
post #66 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
The Dolby Digital logo displayed is generic for all sources. If you go to the System Configuration you can enable Display Extended Audio Status: for more detailed info to be displayed (there is also Display Video Status on Home Page: ).

Detailed status for A/V (including eARC) can also be found in Detailed Status by clicking the i.

Ahhhh. So once you enable that setting, it will display the actual specific codec?
post #67 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2156 Post(s)
Liked: 4467
Quote:
I’d say Thur/Fri/Saturday will be the arrival dates to folks homes.
Monoprice being on the west coast is going to slow things down the further away you are, at least if you ship ground. It'll be anything from next day(LA area, and probably San Diego as well) to 5 days(small village in Maine.) I think Monoprice has warehouses now closer to the east coast, but I doubt anything as low volume as this ships from anywhere but their main warehouse, at least at first.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #68 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
The Dolby Digital logo displayed is generic for all sources. If you go to the System Configuration you can enable Display Extended Audio Status: for more detailed info to be displayed (there is also Display Video Status on Home Page: ).

Thanks, Marc! We'll be digging into it more today. It was just odd because the first thing we tested was ARC with Netflix on the C8 and the display said Dolby Digital Plus. So when we threw on the UHD Blurays and it just said Dolby Digital, we were confused. We'll revisit this today with your info in tow.

UPDATE: Problem solved https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post59037554

Happy New Year, you fine AVSers!
ScottieBoysName likes this.

Last edited by vraxoin; 01-02-2020 at 02:11 PM.
post #69 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Marc! We'll be digging into it more today. It was just odd because the first thing we tested was ARC with Netflix on the C8 and the display said Dolby Digital Plus. So when we threw on the UHD Blurays and it just said Dolby Digital, we were confused. We'll revisit this today with your info in tow.

Please post pictures of the front panel display when playing an Atmos track, if you are able. And thank you for posting impressions. I’m so excited to get mine!
post #70 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Please post pictures of the front panel display when playing an Atmos track, if you are able. And thank you for posting impressions. I’m so excited to get mine!

Sure thing. In the meantime, here are a few photos from yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monolith1_small.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	2662344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Monolith2_small.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2662346   Click image for larger version

Name:	Monolith3_small.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	2662348   Click image for larger version

Name:	Monolith5_small.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	2662352   Click image for larger version

Name:	Monolith6_small.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	2662356  

RichB, Carbo, boe and 9 others like this.
post #71 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 01:54 PM

Nice!!! Thank you...Please keep them coming!
post #72 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Monoprice being on the west coast is going to slow things down the further away you are, at least if you ship ground. It'll be anything from next day(LA area, and probably San Diego as well) to 5 days(small village in Maine.) I think Monoprice has warehouses now closer to the east coast, but I doubt anything as low volume as this ships from anywhere but their main warehouse, at least at first.

I’m in Texas and it gave me an ETA of Fri/Sat of shipped yesterday. Didn’t pull the trigger though. I want to see one or two impressions first.

I have a “Murphy’s Law” problem when it comes to swapping out equipment. LOL. I just replaced my UniFi CloudKey in my network and what should have taken 10 minutes turned into an angry/screaming two days due to my oversight.

I’d like the comfort knowing if something goes wrong it’s a me thing and not an it thing.

Folks that purchased on the 27th would have been shipped the 30th I believe.
Mashie Saldana and drh3b like this.
post #73 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Report back please!
audioworker likes this.
post #74 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked: 736
Blue Jeans Cable has good quality cables at a reasonable price. They can also terminate them anyway you like.
RichB and idratherbeflying like this.

Lyngdorf MP-50 | Yamaha MX-A5200 | Ascend Sierra Towers | Ascend Sierra Horizon | Ascend Sierra Lunas | Ascend HTM-200SE | SVS SB-13 x4
post #75 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 05:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 1396
Quote:
Wrt the serial number, I like the ATI logo. Good bonafides!
sdurani and srw1000 like this.

Denon AVR-X6200W, Outlaw Audio 7125 Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Oppo BDP-103, Amazon FTV Stick 4K, Tivo Roamio Pro, Pioneer Elite Andrew Jones Dolby Atmos Enabled EFS-73 Fronts/EBS-73 Surrounds, Chane A2.4 Center, SVS SB-2000 Sub, Panasonic Plasma TH-58PX600
avsforum Members Atmos & Auro Configuration Spreadsheet
I'm just a caveman. Your modern world frightens and confuses me. RIP Phil Hartman
post #76 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 664 Post(s)
Liked: 876
Quote:

Duracell batteries included for the remote? No wonder costs so much!!!
nonstopdoc1 likes this.

The Other Theater (most recent build)
Old Woods Remodel
Old Wood Theater (first build)
Marantz 8805 (Emotiva RMC in a box) | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
post #77 of 1102 Old 01-01-2020, 10:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 294 Post(s)
Quoted: 4088 Post(s)
Liked: 5120
I'm so happy that finally we have a WORKING processor with Dirac Live 2.0 out of the box. If Arcam/JBL/AudioControl gets their new line of processors working as expected in the next two or three months, I don't see how Emotiva can survive this, mostly if Dirac keeps getting delayed. In fact, if by the end of January Emotiva doesn't get things fully working on the RMC-1, I would expect an avalanche of RMC-1s returns and customers getting either the HTP-1 or any of the new Arcam based processors.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #78 of 1102 Old 01-02-2020, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked: 2826
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
I'm so happy that finally we have a WORKING processor with Dirac Live 2.0 out of the box. If Arcam/JBL/AudioControl gets their new line of processors working as expected in the next two or three months, I don't see how Emotiva can survive this, mostly if Dirac keeps getting delayed. In fact, if by the end of January Emotiva doesn't get things fully working on the RMC-1, I would expect an avalanche of RMC-1s returns and customers getting either the HTP-1 or any of the new Arcam based processors.

If Arcam can't get their act together with what has been reported, maybe even Arcam (and by proxy JBL/Harman) will be feeling the heat too.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!
post #79 of 1102 Old 01-02-2020, 12:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post

I know there is a lot of frustration against Emotiva but reading over there forum we have to admit more and more users have very close to stable unit. And those users enjoy there XMC-2/RMC-1 everyday. But still too many users still have frustrating « compatibility issues »

So I agree with you. Clock is thinking for Emotiva. Soon the HTP-1 will be available in quantity and soon after Arcam group should release there Dirac and more stable firmware.

Thats left Emotiva less than 2-3 months to put there act together and get out Dirac and solidify the firmware.

It’s not mission impossible but it will be a tight race.

For my part, I am waiting end of January to take my decision to keep or not my RMC-1L. I like this machine and for me, in my setup, the latest firmware although not perfect is very close to be stable. What I am missing is Dirac.

We know Emotiva have to develop Dirac in house and that’s the part I fear the most. The already low ressources now have to concentrate both on Dirac and also resolve the current issues.

My prediction for Emotiva is they will release Dirac one day or another in the next 2 months but at the cost of making their units not 100% stable for everyones. I think, like now, we will have 2 kind of Emotiva customers.

One half will be costumers like me. Thats mean with a XMC-2/RMC-1 unit that is compatibles with there display and gears and have already a pretty solid HDMI switching and sound lock. Customer in that group wish Dirac was here but already enjoy their processor on a day to day basis.

The other half, with less compatible gears with HDMI switching and sound lock problems will have a more frustrating journey. I am afraid Emotiva will take a long time before solving all those « HDMI compatibility exceptions ». Since the developer team seem small and the fact that they have to work harder on Dirac, no doubt, it will take longer for those exceptions to be fix one by one.

For the first group, when Dirac will be release they will have a great experience with top notch sound quality. But for costumers in the second group that will be a frustrating journey for sure... If I was in the latest group right now, I am not sure I will still have my processor.

Time will tell. And of couse I wish every user a full stable unit but I really doubt that’s will be the case soon...
HTNUT1975 likes this.
post #80 of 1102 Old 01-02-2020, 02:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I've attached a shot from when we were playing the Atmos track from John Wick 3. Now I'm not sure if "Atmos" is specifically supposed to be displayed on the HTP-1, but as you can see on the Oppo below it is clearly playing TrueHD, so I'd at least expect that to show up on the display. We had enabled 'Display Extended Audio Status' as Marc had suggested, but this doesn't change anything that we could see on what is considered the Home Page/front display. We also tried enabling 9.1.6 channels, thinking that might have something to do with it, seeing as this is only a very powerful 5.1 system right now, but it didn't change anything. DTS MA also displays as "DTS legacy". None of this seemed to have any effect on function or sound quality, I think it's just a cosmetic issue which I'm sure that Monolith will get to at some point.

UPDATE: Problem solved https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post59037554

And speaking of sound quality, we actually got Dirac up and running. At first the client couldn't find the HTP-1, but then we noticed that there was a 1.3 (or 1.0.3, can't remember at the moment) update from yesterday which likely popped up after the update we had already run during setup (updating is dead simple BTW). This update immediately solved the problem and the Dirac client connected instantly. And, man, I have to say, the 2.x client is so much nicer to work with than the 1.x series. After solving a Windows 10 mic issue, which was stupid (privacy restriction on app use of mic), the CSA-calibrated UMIK-1 was recognized, calibration applied, and we were off to the races. The end result: Not only a smooth process, but fantastically improved sound, as should be expected from Dirac. The sound field was far more integrated, details were WAY more apparent, and just the overall frequency response was clearly much more balanced. We pushed the subwoofer trim up a bit, but that's the only tweaking we did today. Other than that it was Dirac's base response curve and it was eye opening. The benefit to both movies and music was undeniably great.

And having had quite a bit more time with music shows that the HTP-1 is a very capable all-rounder. IMHO it is a quite neutral processor that doesn't flatter any poor recording, which is the way things should be, but after Dirac was applied music listening ascended and great recordings sounded wonderful, but poorer recordings benefited from a reduction in harshness or flatness caused by acoustical problems. For less than ideal rooms, which is the vast majority, Dirac 2 is amazing.

We experienced a couple of minor, not-necessarily-HTP-1 glitches so far. Nothing worth noting specifically just yet, but I'll update if they recur and the processor seems to be the culprit. Having to refresh your browser (Chrome on Android in this case) to get the HTTP interface to respond properly is sometimes required, but is a super minor issue. We've experienced absolutely no major problems though. My friend is very relieved at this point.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Monolith7_small.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	454.2 KB
ID:	2662632  

Last edited by vraxoin; 01-02-2020 at 02:12 PM.
post #81 of 1102 Old 01-02-2020, 03:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked: 1184
Quote:
I've attached a shot from when we were playing the Atmos track from John Wick 3. Now I'm not sure if "Atmos" is specifically supposed to be displayed on the HTP-1, but as you can see on the Oppo below it is clearly playing TrueHD, so I'd at least expect that to show up on the display. We had enabled 'Display Extended Audio Status' as Marc had suggested, but this doesn't change anything that we could see on what is considered the Home Page/front display. We also tried enabling 9.1.6 channels, thinking that might have something to do with it, seeing as this is only a very powerful 5.1 system right now, but it didn't change anything. DTS MA also displays as "DTS legacy". None of this seemed to have any effect on function or sound quality, I think it's just a cosmetic issue which I'm sure that Monolith will get to at some point.

And speaking of sound quality, we actually got Dirac up and running. At first the client couldn't find the HTP-1, but then we noticed that there was a 1.3 (or 1.0.3, can't remember at the moment) update from yesterday which likely popped up after the update we had already run during setup (updating is dead simple BTW). This update immediately solved the problem and the Dirac client connected instantly. And, man, I have to say, the 2.x client is so much nicer to work with than the 1.x series. After solving a Windows 10 mic issue, which was stupid (privacy restriction on app use of mic), the CSA-calibrated UMIK-1 was recognized, calibration applied, and we were off to the races. The end result: Not only a smooth process, but fantastically improved sound, as should be expected from Dirac. The sound field was far more integrated, details were WAY more apparent, and just the overall frequency response was clearly much more balanced. We pushed the subwoofer trim up a bit, but that's the only tweaking we did today. Other than that it was Dirac's base response curve and it was eye opening. The benefit to both movies and music was undeniably great.

And having had quite a bit more time with music shows that the HTP-1 is a very capable all-rounder. IMHO it is a quite neutral processor that doesn't flatter any poor recording, which is the way things should be, but after Dirac was applied music listening ascended and great recordings sounded wonderful, but poorer recordings benefited from a reduction in harshness or flatness caused by acoustical problems. For less than ideal rooms, which is the vast majority, Dirac 2 is amazing.

We experienced a couple of minor, not-necessarily-HTP-1 glitches so far. Nothing worth noting specifically just yet, but I'll update if they recur and the processor seems to be the culprit. Having to refresh your browser (Chrome on Android in this case) to get the HTTP interface to respond properly is sometimes required, but is a super minor issue. We've experienced absolutely no major problems though. My friend is very relieved at this point.
Did you follow the instructions Marc posted further up to get the extensive audio information displayed?

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
post #82 of 1102 Old 01-02-2020, 04:23 AM

Quote:

Thanks for posting! Do you have ‘secondary audio’ turned OFF in the Oppo? That can cause the lossy track to be played instead of lossless.

It’s weird that the HTP-1 isn’t showing that it is decoding the lossless audio track. How do we know we are listening to the lossless track?

@Marc Alexander , have you ever had your unit display Atmos, TrueHD, or DTS MA?

Anyone else with an HTP-1 having the same issue?
post #83 of 1102 Old 01-02-2020, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
If it is only a 5.1 system then it definitely won't play the Atmos track. It will play the TrueHD track.
post #84 of 1102 Old 01-02-2020, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:

Anyone else with an HTP-1 having the same issue?
No, I am not seeing any issues with the proper input codec (+ ATMOS) being displayed, however, seeing "Listening: 8.3.4" when I have a 7.3.4 configuration is strange. display bug?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1447.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	619.5 KB
ID:	2662698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	93
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	2662700  

Last edited by kemac; 01-02-2020 at 08:05 AM.
post #85 of 1102 Old 01-02-2020, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemac View Post
No, I am not seeing any issues with the proper input codec (+ ATMOS) being displayed, however, seeing "Listening: 8.3.4" when I have a 7.3.4 configuration is strange. display bug?

Well now that’s interesting. Plot thickens a bit.
post #86 of 1102 Old 01-02-2020, 08:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2088 Post(s)
Liked: 2336
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemac View Post
Quote:
Well now that’s interesting. Plot thickens a bit.
Sounds like the HTP-1 is giving you an extra speaker...for free!!!!! How awesome is that
post #87 of 1102 Old 01-02-2020, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAVManiac View Post
My prediction for Emotiva is they will release Dirac one day or another in the next 2 months but at the cost of making their units not 100% stable for everyones.
Hopefully not. Once Emotiva releases Dirac the 30 day return policy finally kicks in. That means anyone not happy with their units will rush to return them at that point. It would be smart for them to hold off releasing Dirac until they fix most of the other issues IMO.
HTNUT1975 and mik2h like this.
post #88 of 1102 Old 01-02-2020, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
Sounds like the HTP-1 is giving you an extra speaker...for free!!!!! How awesome is that

What a value!
post #89 of 1102 Old 01-02-2020, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
Hopefully not. Once Emotiva releases Dirac the 30 day return policy finally kicks in. That means anyone not happy with their units will rush to return them at that point. It would be smart for them to hold off releasing Dirac until they fix most of the other issues IMO.

That’s a really good point. Seems smart to wait.

Did you get an HTP-1?
post #90 of 1102 Old 01-02-2020, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
That’s a really good point. Seems smart to wait.

Did you get an HTP-1?
Not yet. I'm going to wait until the JBL SDP-55 comes out next month to see if it has all the issues the Arcam AV40 has. If it does, and all the reviews for the HTP-1 are positive, I'll commit to the HTP-1.

That's assuming the SDP-55 even comes out next month though. If it doesn't (if they delay it to fix all the issues) I'll just give up on it and go with the HTP-1 anyway.
Spizz and ScottieBoysName like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page