NAD C658 competition/alternatives
I did a search and didn't find any applicable threads, sorry if this is a common topic. I've been fighting my NADS C658 for 6+ months as it is plagued by numerous bugs and tends to be a bit analytical while I prefer a more rich/luscious sound.
Assuming a budget of ~$2k USD or less, what are some good options for a pre-amp/streamer/DAC combo aside from the C658?
Options I've found so far:
- TEAC NT-505 - sounds like a unit focused on build and sound quality rather than extras like DIRAC or multiple analog/digital inputs
- Cambridge Azure 851N - this seems like a perfectly capable unit, but for some reason just doesn't jump out at me
Listening room is:
- 2-channel audio only
- Music only either streamed from Tidal or network share
- Towers - Monitor Audio Gold 300 5G
- Amp - Emotiva XPA3 DR2 (via XLR)
- Sub - Golden Ear Super Sub-X (via RCA with crossover set on the sub)
- Pre-amp / DAC / streamer combo
- Both balanced and unbalanced outputs
- Android app enabled for playback and volume control
All thoughts and feedback are welcome.
Last edited by jb357; 01-27-2020 at 09:06 PM.