Would it be beneficial to Add more powerful Poweramp? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40Likes

post #1 of 75 Old 02-17-2020, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Would it be beneficial to Add more powerful Poweramp?

Hello everyone,

I'm now running a Marantz SR7013 AVR and just purchased a pair SVS Prime Towers to go with my Ultra center.

As I understand SVS are lower sensitivity speakers... would adding a 3 channel poweramp be beneficial to run those speakers hotter?

What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 Old 02-17-2020, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2693 Post(s)
Liked: 1932
I doubt that you really need it. The rated sensitivity of the Prime Tower is 87 dB/W, full space. (Some makers specify half space, which increases the number by 3dB.)

If you have the itch to add power amps, I suggest that you check the Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblock. Their web page still lists a special: 3 for $799. I doubt that it's easy to do better for that price.

(That, from an Emotiva XPA3 Gen3 owner.)
dkushner likes this.
post #3 of 75 Old 02-17-2020, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
I doubt that you really need it. The rated sensitivity of the Prime Tower is 87 dB/W, full space. (Some makers specify half space, which increases the number by 3dB.)

If you have the itch to add power amps, I suggest that you check the Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblock. Their web page still lists a special: 3 for $799. I doubt that it's easy to do better for that price.

Thank you sir.. yes I've heard good things about outlaw audio. In canada options are a bit limited. I figure the power is really around 95 watts each w all channels running on my sr7013. So I was wondering if this would make a difference in pushing the svs a bit more for quality and headroom. 😁
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 75 Old 02-17-2020, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 803 Post(s)
Quoted: 23720 Post(s)
Liked: 13061
Quote:
Originally Posted by btbed View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm now running a Marantz SR7013 AVR and just purchased a pair SVS Prime Towers to go with my Ultra center.

As I understand SVS are lower sensitivity speakers... would adding a 3 channel poweramp be beneficial to run those speakers hotter?

Thanks in advance guys!
At 8-ohm, 87dB sensitivity, these are more "average" than "lower" sensitivity speakers, that which the SR7013 should be able to readily drive to reference movie volume levels.

Although you would be able to certainly drive them louder without distortion with a more powerful external amp, if you're not currently hearing distortion at your normal listening level, adding the amp is not likely to be of any benefit, other than of course allowing you to expand to an 11 speaker (ie. 7.2.4) configuration in the main zone.

Note also for future reference, the SR7013 is discussed in the 2018 Marantz Owner's thread --> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...sts-1-7-a.html

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 02-17-2020 at 09:06 PM.
post #5 of 75 Old 02-17-2020, 09:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
I figure the power is really around 95 watts each w all channels running on my sr7013...
Oh, probably less, but you should still be able to play pretty loud. Does it SOUND distorted? If so then adding a 2- or 3- channel amp should help, though I'd want a rating of at least 300 watts into FOUR* ohms to start making more than a decibel or two of difference.

*even if your speakers are 8 ohms, the 4 ohm rating is a better indication of real power.
post #6 of 75 Old 02-17-2020, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance guys!
At 8-ohm, 87dB sensitivity, these are more "average" than "lower" sensitivity speakers, that which the SR7013 should be able to readily drive to reference movie volume levels.

Although you would be able to certainly drive them louder without distortion with a more powerful external amp, if you're not currently hearing distortion at your normal listening level, adding the amp is not likely to be of any benefit, other than of course allowing you to expand to an 11 speaker (ie. 7.2.4) configuration in the main zone.

Note also for future reference, the SR7013 is discussed in the 2018 Marantz Owner's thread --> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...sts-1-7-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by head_unit View Post
Quote:
I figure the power is really around 95 watts each w all channels running on my sr7013...
Oh, probably less, but you should still be able to play pretty loud. Does it SOUND distorted? If so then adding a 2- or 3- channel amp should help, though I'd want a rating of at least 300 watts into FOUR* ohms to start making more than a decibel or two of difference.

*even if your speakers are 8 ohms, the 4 ohm rating is a better indication of real power.

No not hearing any distortion but feel with all channels running could be more headroom? Volume at -70 is ok but feel could be better if that makes sense.

How do you like the Emotiva xpa3??
post #7 of 75 Old 02-17-2020, 09:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Don't waste your money on an amp, you would make out better with another subwoofer...
post #8 of 75 Old 02-17-2020, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 803 Post(s)
Quoted: 23720 Post(s)
Liked: 13061
Quote:
No not hearing any distortion but feel with all channels running could be more headroom? Volume at -70 is ok but feel could be better if that makes sense.

Then simply raise the volume to 80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy View Post
Don't waste your money on an amp, you would make out better with another subwoofer...
Agreed.
post #9 of 75 Old 02-17-2020, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Quote:

Then simply raise the volume to 80. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Quote:
Agreed.
Haha thank you guys 😜 .. your right adding a Emotiva was looking at A1175 will only equal out to a decibel or two.. probably better spent elsewhere. I do indeed have dual SVS pb2000s 😁
post #10 of 75 Old 02-18-2020, 02:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 3273 Post(s)
Liked: 4923
Can you switch your volume to reference level? "70" is kind of meaningless....if you have it set to reference level it will give better information as far as how loud you are actually listening in relation to a known standard....reference level.

Also, how far are you from your speakers? These two pieces of information are necessary to determine if you need more power or, better yet, speakers that will play louder with less power and lower distortion than the SVS. You can get *huge* performance increase from something like PSA 210's, or a tiny improvement from an amp(if at all depending on volume and distance).
post #11 of 75 Old 02-18-2020, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Can you switch your volume to reference level? "70" is kind of meaningless....if you have it set to reference level it will give better information as far as how loud you are actually listening in relation to a known standard....reference level.

Also, how far are you from your speakers? These two pieces of information are necessary to determine if you need more power or, better yet, speakers that will play louder with less power and lower distortion than the SVS. You can get *huge* performance increase from something like PSA 210's, or a tiny improvement from an amp(if at all depending on volume and distance).
Yes I play at reference level and sit about 13 feet away from mains and center. I just bought the svs towers so was really wondering if it would benefit having an amp. I see the power ratings thinking boy 175 watts per channel would be better than the 80 I'm getting out of avr.
post #12 of 75 Old 02-18-2020, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Would it be beneficial to Add more powerful Poweramp?

Quote:
Yes I play at reference level and sit about 13 feet away from mains and center. I just bought the svs towers so was really wondering if it would benefit having an amp. I see the power ratings thinking boy 175 watts per channel would be better than the 80 I'm getting out of avr.

First. If you listen at reference level, yes you would definitely benefit from an amp. Multi channel reference level you are dropping to 80 watts which is not enough power with low sensitivity speakers.

Second, those speakers are not capable of clean reference level at 13’. There is just no way. You can double power with a Monolith amp for 3 dB assuming your speakers can handle all that power without distortion and compression. They can’t. But you still won’t achieve clean reference level.

Best bet would be to get the right tool for the job. Low sensitivity speakers at 13’ for reference level are the wrong tool, no matter how much power you try dumping into them

Return the SVS and get a pair of PSA MTM210T with 98 dB sensitivity. They will easily play reference level off your AVR with far greater clarity and dynamics than the SVS no matter how much power you give them. The PSA require 10x less power. Literally....10.....x. For example, if you run the math and determine the PSA will hit reference level with 50 watts, it takes 500 for a 88 dB speaker.

So in summary, $1400 for the Monolith amp will help some, but high sensitivity will make a huge, drastic, night and day difference. With the right speakers, you don’t need a big amp. So just put that money toward the PSA’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by bear123; 02-18-2020 at 07:49 AM.
post #13 of 75 Old 02-18-2020, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:

First. If you listen at reference level, yes you would definitely benefit from an amp. Multi channel reference level you are dropping to 80 watts which is not enough power with low sensitivity speakers.

Second, those speakers are not capable of clean reference level at 13’️. There is just no way. You can double power with a Monolith amp for 3 dB assuming your speakers can handle all that power without distortion and compression. They can’️t. But you still won’️t achieve clean reference level.

Best bet would be to get the right tool for the job. Low sensitivity speakers at 13’️ for reference level are the wrong tool, no matter how much power you try dumping into them

Return the SVS and get a pair of PSA MTM210T with 98 dB sensitivity. They will easily play reference level off your AVR with far greater clarity and dynamics than the SVS no matter how much power you give them. The PSA require 10x less power. Literally....10.....x. For example, if you run the math and determine the PSA will hit reference level with 50 watts, it takes 500 for a 88 dB speaker.

So in summary, $1400 for the Monolith amp will help some, but high sensitivity will make a huge, drastic, night and day difference. With the right speakers, you don’️t need a big amp. So just put that money toward the PSA’️s.

Thank you for the advice sir. I hear what your saying. I don't see the point in a 3db difference with the amp route. I will definitely look into PSA. I will continue Going down The rabbit hole.
bear123 and Northern_Lights like this.
post #14 of 75 Old 02-18-2020, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 2693 Post(s)
Liked: 1932
Quote:
If you frequently listen at reference, you may want the amps eventually.

85dB is supposed to cause hearing damage with long exposure.

Last edited by bobknavs; 02-18-2020 at 01:53 PM.
post #15 of 75 Old 02-18-2020, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Usually AVR power ratings are inaccurate. My eye opening experience was taking a $60 NAD amp I bought at a pawn shop and replacing my Onkyo $700 receiver with it. I think my speakers were 82 or 84 db at the time. The difference was NOT subtle. The thing I learned is that the amps can sound bad way before clipping. The avr manufacturers are incented to have soft clipping and other mechanism to try and not produce terrible sound but not necessarily invest in the cost of quality amplification.

Also, consider if you're doing home theater you will need a lot more power than 80 wats to do it accurately without switching to high sensitivity speakers. Dolby allows for a 20db delta in score and sound effects relative to center channel vocals. Let's say your listening level for center channel producing dialog consumes 9 watts (quite reasonable) , to have 20 DB of headroom you determine the required power by using the fact that 3db is 100% increase in power so dividing 20/3 = 6.66

9 x 2 = 18w
18 x 2 = 36w
36 x 2 = 72w
72 x 2 = 144w
144 x 2 = 288w
288 x 2 = 576w

And now you see why many home theater enthusiasts prefer high sensitivity speakers for home theater

I'm not saying that your life will change or that everyone not using 600W amps for their speakers are wrong. I'm saying that there is quite a bit of merrit to external amps. I will admit that my living room and bedroom systems use marantz recievers, buy my home theater system uses external amplification. If I had a quiet enough house (kids) to do critical listening I would without question use external amplifiers on a 2ch system.

My best recommendation would be to either borrow an from a local hi-fi store or purchase a cheap sample of an older quality amp from craigslist or ebay and see for you self. I did and I know my preference for critical listening.
rhed likes this.
post #16 of 75 Old 02-18-2020, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
If you frequently listen at reference, you may want the amps eventually.

85dB is supposed to cause hearing damage with long exposure.

Ya I'm more at 70 db only on big movies. Just wondering if a Emotiva would be a good investment.. they say svs like power and come alive with more watts
post #17 of 75 Old 02-18-2020, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindedc View Post
Usually AVR power ratings are inaccurate. My eye opening experience was taking a $60 NAD amp I bought at a pawn shop and replacing my Onkyo $700 receiver with it. I think my speakers were 82 or 84 db at the time. The difference was NOT subtle. The thing I learned is that the amps can sound bad way before clipping. The avr manufacturers are incented to have soft clipping and other mechanism to try and not produce terrible sound but not necessarily invest in the cost of quality amplification.

Also, consider if you're doing home theater you will need a lot more power than 80 wats to do it accurately without switching to high sensitivity speakers. Dolby allows for a 20db delta in score and sound effects relative to center channel vocals. Let's say your listening level for center channel producing dialog consumes 9 watts (quite reasonable) , to have 20 DB of headroom you determine the required power by using the fact that 3db is 100% increase in power so dividing 20/3 = 6.66

9 x 2 = 18w

18 x 2 = 36w

36 x 2 = 72w

72 x 2 = 144w

144 x 2 = 288w

288 x 2 = 576w

And now you see why many home theater enthusiasts prefer high sensitivity speakers for home theater

I'm not saying that your life will change or that everyone not using 600W amps for their speakers are wrong. I'm saying that there is quite a bit of merrit to external amps. I will admit that my living room and bedroom systems use marantz recievers, buy my home theater system uses external amplification. If I had a quiet enough house (kids) to do critical listening I would without question use external amplifiers on a 2ch system.

My best recommendation would be to either borrow an from a local hi-fi store or purchase a cheap sample of an older quality amp from craigslist or ebay and see for you self. I did and I know my preference for critical listening.

I experienced something similar adding a 125 watt external amp to a Denon receiver (100 watt). Speakers were 4 ohm 85 dB sensitive. I could feel a lack of dynamics using the receiver. When I added the external amp (even without a huge difference in power), the louder transients were certainly punchier and more impactful. Listening volume might have been 75-80 db, 10 ft away for the speakers. I felt at the time that while the receiver was not producing distortion (clipping) it was certainly limiting loud transients in some way.
post #18 of 75 Old 02-18-2020, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrieze01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindedc View Post

9 x 2 = 18w

18 x 2 = 36w

36 x 2 = 72w

72 x 2 = 144w

144 x 2 = 288w

288 x 2 = 576w [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG]

And now you see why many home theater enthusiasts prefer high sensitivity speakers for home theater [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

I experienced something similar adding a 125 watt external amp to a Denon receiver (100 watt). Speakers were 4 ohm 85 dB sensitive. I could feel a lack of dynamics using the receiver. When I added the external amp (even without a huge difference in power), the louder transients were certainly punchier and more impactful. Listening volume might have been 75-80 db, 10 ft away for the speakers. I felt at the time that while the receiver was not producing distortion (clipping) it was certainly limiting loud transients in some way.
Thank you for the advice sir. This where I came to this conclusion.. using all channels on Marantz sr7013 i feel there could be more and I believe limiting transients in a way with no distortion.... What amp are you using these days in your dedicated room? I was looking at a Emotiva A5175 ... and then PSA speakers.. 😏
post #19 of 75 Old 02-19-2020, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 1073
I'm running a Marantz 7011 with a 7.2.4 config and an XPA-5 Gen 3. The Marantz is handling the rear surrounds and the four height effects channels.

I have found if the AVR is powering 9, 11 (or even 13) channels at loud levels - an external amp enhances dynamics and also let's the AVR amp run considerably cooler.

As an aside, we measure loudspeaker sensitivity full space at 1 meter with a 2.83V drive level averaged over the entire 300 Hz - 3 kHz decade.
btbed likes this.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
post #20 of 75 Old 02-19-2020, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Thank you for the advice sir. This where I came to this conclusion.. using all channels on Marantz sr7013 i feel there could be more and I believe limiting transients in a way with no distortion.... What amp are you using these days in your dedicated room? I was looking at a Emotiva A5175 ... and then PSA speakers.. 😏

In the theater I'm using Acurus amps, two 200w x five channels, a 200w x 3, and a 200 x 2. That's a function of me having several of those amps when staring down the barrel of needing 15 channels of amplification and wanting no compromise power on all channels. Yes, this means I have 15 x 200W @ 8 ohms.

My boss has Emotiva XPA-5 amps and they sound really good in the theater. I've never listened to the 5175.

I have auditioned all sorts of exotic amplifiers from bryston, plineus, forrest audio, krell, mcintosh, theta, b&k, hafler, paradygm, carver, NAD, Pass. mark levinson, parasound, ATI, Boulder, MBL...running out of typing stamina here. I have listened to similarly diverse speakers on those amplifiers.

I would look to amps in the same price universe as your speakers. Looking at the 5175, it's an old school A/B design (a good thing!), with decent capacitors and a nice large toroidal transformer. I would image it would go quite nicely with your PSA speakers. Again, I have no experience with that model but it looks good on paper. Perhaps there is an Emotiva thread running around somewhere? In amps I would go more for a solid midrange performer and spend the real dough on the speakers.

I would also get a decent set of interconnects. You're looking for oxygen free copper (not copper plated steel) and decent quality RCA connectors. Be wary of Amazon. If you get cheap interconnects from Amazon, I would order an extra pair and plan on splitting them open to verify the construction. Monoprice monolith cables are fine, if you want to spend more, that's fine as well but after you get a solid signal path, no noise in the cable, and excellent surface conductivity not much (IMHO) matters in RCA land. If you move up to balanced you can run much lesser cables as the balanced signal path is designed to reject noise and can overcome the inadequacies of lesser cables. Someone will call BS on me but that person probably doesn't have an electronics background.

About as far as I think it's worth spending on amps is really the $2kish range... you start moving out of physics and science into the world of emotions and feelings. There is probably some science in there somewhere but at that point I would hope you are spending $5-10K on speakers and $10K on a dedicated room to be able to hear any real improvement in switching amps out.

Good luck, enjoy the ride.
JoninMod, bear123, btbed and 1 others like this.
post #21 of 75 Old 02-19-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:

The Emotiva is going to be hard to beat at that price.

If you’re feeling adventurous you could look at this 4 channel amp (look at the tax excluded price) using the very highly acclaimed Hypex NCore amp modules

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/power...m-p-14356.html
btbed likes this.
post #22 of 75 Old 02-19-2020, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Mullen View Post
I'm running a Marantz 7011 with a 7.2.4 config and an XPA-5 Gen 3. The Marantz is handling the rear surrounds and the four height effects channels.

I have found if the AVR is powering 9, 11 (or even 13) channels at loud levels - an external amp enhances dynamics and also let's the AVR amp run considerably cooler.

As an aside, we measure loudspeaker sensitivity full space at 1 meter with a 2.83V drive level averaged over the entire 300 Hz - 3 kHz decade.
Thank you for your reply Ed.. I just purchased a pair of Prime towers to go with my Ultra Center.

So you would recommend the Emotiva XPA-5 to drive them? My Marantz sr7013 is definitely compressing in some way. 😏
post #23 of 75 Old 02-19-2020, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:

The Emotiva is going to be hard to beat at that price.

If you’️re feeling adventurous you could look at this 4 channel amp (look at the tax excluded price) using the very highly acclaimed Hypex NCore amp modules

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/power...m-p-14356.html

Ya I was thinking the same ... at 125 all channels driven .. then there is the xpa stuff more power
post #24 of 75 Old 02-19-2020, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 1073
Quote:
Thank you for your reply Ed.. I just purchased a pair of Prime towers to go with my Ultra Center.

So you would recommend the Emotiva XPA-5 to drive them? My Marantz sr7013 is definitely compressing in some way. 😏
Make sure Audyssey Dynamic Volume is disabled - I was just on a support call with a customer and we re-ran XT32 and his Denon 6400 set DV to Medium. So it pays to double check.

Again my criteria is 9 channels (or more) and high playback levels - then an external amp will absolutely add value. The difference when I added the XPA-5 was obvious - the whole system is very effortless, even under demanding scenes where all channels are playing content. Prior to the amp - the Marantz would start to get a bit breathless and congested.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
post #25 of 75 Old 02-19-2020, 01:42 PM

If you’re stretching to the XPA price point, I would also look at Monoprice Monolith - made by ATI, and weighs almost 100 lbs.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15593

Or the Nord Hypex amps - ATI 5200 and 5400 series use the same amp modules
https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/nord...p-multichannel
post #26 of 75 Old 02-19-2020, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I also think the Monolith may be a better amp than the Emotiva. Something funny about the Emotiva’s high frequency performance. ATI makes good amps(Monolith)

post #27 of 75 Old 02-19-2020, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Mullen View Post
Quote:

Make sure Audyssey Dynamic Volume is disabled - I was just on a support call with a customer and we re-ran XT32 and his Denon 6400 set DV to Medium. So it pays to double check.

Again my criteria is 9 channels (or more) and high playback levels - then an external amp will absolutely add value. The difference when I added the XPA-5 was obvious - the whole system is very effortless, even under demanding scenes where all channels are playing content. Prior to the amp - the Marantz would start to get a bit breathless and congested.
Quote:
If you’️re stretching to the XPA price point, I would also look at Monoprice Monolith - made by ATI, and weighs almost 100 lbs.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15593

Or the Nord Hypex amps - ATI 5200 and 5400 series use the same amp modules
https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/nord...p-multichannel
Quote:
I also think the Monolith may be a better amp than the Emotiva. Something funny about the Emotiva’️s high frequency performance. ATI makes good amps(Monolith)

Thank you guys... Yes Ed the Dynamic Volume off seems even more quiet if that makes sense. And yes I'm caught between the Emotiva A5175 or going full on XPA 3 or 5... A5175 is 125 vs XPAs 250 watts per at 8 ohm all channels driven.

The Monilith Amps look pretty good too at same idea.

I think the Marantz could handle the Surrounds/Atmos ok possibly... so wondering even a 3 channel to save a bit of cost..... It's a tough decision lol.
post #28 of 75 Old 02-19-2020, 05:24 PM

If you’re getting PSA speakers (98db) you’ll never use the extra power - your ears will bleed before you use up 125 watts. Probably don’t even need an external amp.
post #29 of 75 Old 02-19-2020, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
If you’re getting PSA speakers (98db) you’ll never use the extra power - your ears will bleed before you use up 125 watts. Probably don’t even need an external amp.
Once again, forget an amp, just use your money for the PSA speakers.
powerdubs likes this.
post #30 of 75 Old 02-19-2020, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
If you’️re getting PSA speakers (98db) you’️ll never use the extra power - your ears will bleed before you use up 125 watts. Probably don’️t even need an external amp.
Quote:
Quote:
If you’️re getting PSA speakers (98db) you’️ll never use the extra power - your ears will bleed before you use up 125 watts. Probably don’️t even need an external amp.
Once again, forget an amp, just use your money for the PSA speakers.
I would love to get the PSA and try them...I'm in Canada so exchange and getting them up here would be more than amp I'm looking at... The 10" towers run $1150 each US don't they? Just bought the SVS towers as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page