Upgrade suggestion/opinion from Pioneer SC-1222 to Sony DH790.. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Upgrade suggestion/opinion from Pioneer SC-1222 to Sony DH790..

I currently have a LG OLED that I am using to ARC all audio to my Pioneer SC-1222 head unit. I wanted to get a new head unit that support all of the latest audio formats/Video formats so I can use just one HDMI cable to my TV vs everything to my TV ARCing back to my pioneer... I was looking at the Sony DH790 because it seems to great for the price and I like how it's a bit smaller than the rest... I don't need wireless connectivity, just Audio/Video 4K HD Dolby Vision pass-through and ARC are my must haves. Unless you can convince me I need other bells and whistles...

I was wondering if you guys could provide me with your semi professional opinions?

Current Front Floor Speakers are the Polk Signature S55 Left/Right and Polk S35 center with a POLK S110 Subwoofer. The front and rear ceiling placed speakers will be small 2.5 inch woofer powered by an half inch tweeter made with JBL speakers because they hide easily in the ceiling. (May be upgraded later).
-can't find specs on the Atmos and Rear Speakers to share - leviton.com/en/products/aess5-wh

I am looking to spend at $500 or less. What do you guys suggest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Liked: 254
If you do not need more than 7 channels then the best bang for the buck is probably the Onkyo rz820, full preouts and good power. Next would be the Denon x3500 but it is a little over your budget. If you have a costco nearby, the tsr-7850 is a great deal too. It has everything you need plus LR preouts if you want to add more power for the Polks.

If you need 9 channels then the rz630 direct from Onkyo web deals is within budget and at the top of the budget is the bigger brother rz730.

Here is a good receiver search tool. https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...umber_channels[]=7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page