Marantz SR6011,SR5014 or Denon ARV-X3500H? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By afrogt
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 03-28-2020, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
jtenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 775
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Marantz SR6011,SR5014 or Denon ARV-X3500H?

So were moving and need a new Atmos receiver. We had a Sherwood Newcastle R-972 but that's staying with the old house since it won't do Atmos. The new setup is wired for 5.1.2. The L&R mains are B&W DM580's with a Emotiva C2 center. Looking at accessories4less they have the Marantz SR6011, SR5014 and the Denon AVR-X3500H which are in our price range. I chose these because I felt they would be closer sounding to the R-972 with a warmer sound.

jtenn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 03-28-2020, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
spacecowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Dirty South
Posts: 608
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 168
I'd go Denon if primarily used for home theater. I had the Marantz 6011 and didn't like the port hole. Both will run hot, it's the nature of D & M receivers. With your speakers though, you can't go wrong with either.

"Excuse me...What does God need with a Starship?" (Captain Kirk - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier)
spacecowboy is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 03-28-2020, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 28,203
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2433 Post(s)
Liked: 1596
get the x3500 new so that you get the 3 year warranty.
https://www.safeandsoundhq.com/produ...SABEgIOv_D_BwE


accessories4lless is fine unless you have to deal with their return policy.
jtenn likes this.

Afro GT
afrogt is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old 03-29-2020, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
jtenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 775
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
get the x3500 new so that you get the 3 year warranty.
https://www.safeandsoundhq.com/produ...SABEgIOv_D_BwE


accessories4lless is fine unless you have to deal with their return policy.
Thanks I'l look into this.

jtenn is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 03-30-2020, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eriksells916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 1,719
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked: 292
@jtenn the sr5014 has analog inputs and supposed to have that warmer sound, but only has audyssey xt, which cant do the dual sub calibration (semi-independently). The 6011 has those same inputs and warmer sound but it is older. So the x3500 which has xt32, is an excellent choice for HT as Afrogt said ^^^^^^^


Good backup plan here https://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-RZ73.../dp/B07CVPLJZQ
eriksells916 is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 03-30-2020, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 86,883
Mentioned: 830 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24221 Post(s)
Liked: 13445
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksells916 View Post
@jtenn the sr5014 has analog inputs and supposed to have that warmer sound, but only has audyssey xt, which cant do the dual sub calibration (semi-independently). The 6011 has those same inputs and warmer sound but it is older. So the x3500 which has xt32, is an excellent choice for HT as Afrogt said ^^^^^^^

To clarify,

(1) By "analog inputs" you most likely mean the "7.1 multi analog inputs", but although featured on the predecessor SR5013, were dropped on the SR5014.
(2) The feature that provides for the dual sub level/delay capability, is called Audyssey Sub EQ HT, which although currently only provided on XT32 models, does not require XT32.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #7 of 12 Old 03-30-2020, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
jtenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 775
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I think I'm going to go with the Denon AVR-X3500H.

jtenn is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 03-30-2020, 10:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eriksells916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 1,719
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
To clarify,

(1) By "analog inputs" you most likely mean the "7.1 multi analog inputs", but although featured on the predecessor SR5013, were dropped on the SR5014.
(2) The feature that provides for the dual sub level/delay capability, is called Audyssey Sub EQ HT, which although currently only provided on XT32 models, does not require XT32.

So strange I was just looking at it online the other day, the site must have been using the sr5013 photo because it showed them. I just checked amazon and it shows a blank plate where the analog inputs used to be. Why would they drop those, that was the only reason to get a sr5014 over the x3500? Weird?
eriksells916 is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 04-15-2020, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
jtenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 775
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 19
So after doing a lot of reading I'm kind of leaning towards the Marantz SR5013. It seems like it will have a warmer/fuller sound.

jtenn is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 04-16-2020, 12:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 86,883
Mentioned: 830 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24221 Post(s)
Liked: 13445
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtenn View Post
So after doing a lot of reading I'm kind of leaning towards the Marantz SR5013. It seems like it will have a warmer/fuller sound.
However, not as good of audio quality as the models featuring XT32.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #11 of 12 Old 04-16-2020, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
jtenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 775
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
However, not as good of audio quality as the models featuring XT32.
Are you referring to audio quality as better room correction software or the actual sound the receivers output?

jtenn is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 04-16-2020, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 86,883
Mentioned: 830 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24221 Post(s)
Liked: 13445
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtenn View Post
Are you referring to audio quality as better room correction software or the actual sound the receivers output?
Better room correction resulting in better audio quality especially in lower frequency processing.
jdsmoothie is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off