• 1 Post By mbroadus
  • 1 Post By mbroadus

post #1 of 9 Old 04-04-2020, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Accuphase E480 or Hegel H390

Which one to pick- Accuphase E480 or Hegel H390? Please have some thoughts if you have auditioned both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-12-2020, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Which one to pick- Accuphase E480 or Hegel H390? Please have some thoughts if you have auditioned both.
Which one did you decide on? I'm currently looking at the H390 and the Naim Uniti Nova.

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Naim Uniti Nova, Vintage Marantz Model 22, Oppo UDP-203, Bluesound Node 2i, TEAC A-4070 Tape Deck
Focal Aria 936/CC900, B&W M-1, SVS SB-3000, MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro
post #3 of 9 Old 06-12-2020, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I have not decided yet as I could not have audition and did not have any thought from anybody who listened both of them.

Which one did you decide on? I'm currently looking at the H390 and the Naim Uniti Nova.[/QUOTE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-12-2020, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have not decided yet as I could not have audition and did not have any thought from anybody who listened both of them.

Which one did you decide on? I'm currently looking at the H390 and the Naim Uniti Nova.
[/QUOTE]

I can't decide...I can't go wrong with either but want 1 more listening session. I'm leaning toward the Naim Uniti Nova but the Hegel has MQA and USB input, Nova does not. Naim indicates that they could go MQA with a an update but have no plans to do so at this point. The Hegel is about to become Roon certified if that's important to you. I have friends that have the Nova and they say its by far the best they've heard and they've had some very good Luxman, Chord, and McIntosh gear.

Anthem MRX-720, Naim Uniti Nova, Vintage Marantz Model 22, Oppo UDP-203, Bluesound Node 2i, TEAC A-4070 Tape Deck
Focal Aria 936/CC900, B&W M-1, SVS SB-3000, MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro
post #5 of 9 Old 06-18-2020, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I finally decided on Naim Uniti Nova and placed a deposit and ordered it yesterday. Should get it next week.
Class A likes this.

post #6 of 9 Old 06-18-2020, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
I finally decided on Naim Uniti Nova and placed a deposit and ordered it yesterday. Should get it next week.
I also have the Aria 936's and have been looking at the Hegel H390 and possibly the new NAD M33 when it comes out and has user's reviews, so I am very interested in hearing your thoughts and impressions of the Naim. What finally led you to choose the Naim over the Hegel? One thing I don't like about the Naim is the speaker connections, as I want to use a REL subwoofer's high pass cable and doesn't look like I can with the Naim. Enjoy the Naim and don't forget we are waiting for your review
post #7 of 9 Old 06-19-2020, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride9 View Post
I also have the Aria 936's and have been looking at the Hegel H390 and possibly the new NAD M33 when it comes out and has user's reviews, so I am very interested in hearing your thoughts and impressions of the Naim. What finally led you to choose the Naim over the Hegel? One thing I don't like about the Naim is the speaker connections, as I want to use a REL subwoofer's high pass cable and doesn't look like I can with the Naim. Enjoy the Naim and don't forget we are waiting for your review

My local dealer carries Hegel, NAD and Naim so I heard all of the offerings by those companies, except M33, and preferred the Naim, Hegel H390 and NAD M10 in that order. The Naim is very smooth and had better timing, rhythm and detail than the Hegel. The Hegel is excellent and had a touch of tube-like warmth that was nice with vocals and string instruments, think of jazz, Eric Clapton, CCR, etc. I’m looking forward to playing with it next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #8 of 9 Old 06-19-2020, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
My local dealer carries Hegel, NAD and Naim so I heard all of the offerings by those companies, except M33, and preferred the Naim, Hegel H390 and NAD M10 in that order. The Naim is very smooth and had better timing, rhythm and detail than the Hegel. The Hegel is excellent and had a touch of tube-like warmth that was nice with vocals and string instruments, think of jazz, Eric Clapton, CCR, etc. I’m looking forward to playing with it next week.

Thanks for sharing your impressions. I look forward to your continued posts about your listening sessions as I will not be able to demo any of them here and will have to make a choice based upon what users say.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-30-2020, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride9 View Post
Thanks for sharing your impressions. I look forward to your continued posts about your listening sessions as I will not be able to demo any of them here and will have to make a choice based upon what users say.

Nova installed yesterday and much easier to setup than anticipated. Sounds good so far even though I haven’t worn it in yet. Heard details in songs that I haven’t heard before. Home theater bypass works well.

Pride9 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page